Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"][quote user="AsianGiant"]I can't beleive how many people are trashing Tiki on the NBC debut thread on TAGF....

Everyone has short short memories as to what he has done for the club.... [:$]

He didn't criticize Eli last night, he said exactly what everyone already knows. Fans just
    don't want to hear it...
    [/quote]

I mean I'm not gonna trash him, however, this emphasis on Eli being a leader and all is just not who he is. I think ppl are just sick of Tiki throwing folks under the bus, especially NY Giant players & coaches. I love Tiki but damn, picking Rivers and Ben over Eli was a little disappointing. I wouldn't want either over Eli as he's the Giants QB...he (Tiki) acts like he doesn't like the team he just recently left. There seems to be some bad blood there and it is tiresome listening to him speak negatively about the Giants. I'm disappointed that this was his first broadcast and he had nothing positive to say about his former team quite frankly.
    [/quote]

I think what we have here is a mixture of reverse discrimination and some bad blood.

Does Eli need to be more of a leader? Yes...was he shy and quiet when Tiki/Strahan/Shockey
    were there? Yes, because he was the "newbie" and probably felt a little out of place to tell
    people what to do. After all these years, it is now his TEAM and he does need to do what it takes
    to be a true leader.

As for the reverse discrimination, he probably fears being a homer so he says more worse things
    about his own team, to gain credibility, obviously at the expense of his older team..

<font color="#000080">oh btw, HEY BLUE!!!!</font>

[/quote]

I feel ya AG! Love the RD analogy...that was pretty good. And hey HC...missed you guys!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Aren't you thrilled about Joshie Poo AG...aren't you glad I made VP of the fan club.....did you tell all your friends............
    [/quote]

I choose not to comment..... []
    [/quote]

eh...phooey! [:P]

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="Bleu"]Dayum JG, you're so close to 10,000 it's scary. I remember when we were neck and neck. So any word on all of these injuries minus Jennings? Any news on Strahan and his foolishness?
    [/quote]

I know......lol

Well...Strahan should be back this week....whatever.........

Demps might take 2-3 weeks...
    Smith's concussion doesn't seem to be that bad.......
    Madison....I dunno.....might be a bit worrisome.......

My heart just broke with Jennings.........he is such a nice guy..............[U]
    [/quote]

Yeah Jennings is a huge loss b/c of the potential and what he showed last night. We seem to fall short to depth b/c of injuries so I'm not happy about it, but I hope they bounce back. Still very proud of them and their performance last night.
    [/quote]

I liked the effort that Jennings put in, but I fear he's another Tim Carter, ya know, one of those
    "talented" guys that everyone always wants to be played but get injured every chance they get.
    As players get old, we keep holding onto these "talented" players.

We gotta let Jennings go, move on and build up a good solid team.
    As for Will Demps, as a half asian brother, he's gotta go to, he's injury prone.
    I will give Smith a pass on his concussion, but I hope he's not injury prone as well..

Madison can obviously show what he CAN do and what he WAS before he got OLD...

His hamstring comes back every year....

It is very hard for a tight knit defense to play well when the guy next to you has a new # and
    new name....

Just like the Yankees line-up, you need chemistry, and you can't build chemistry playing
    musical chairs with your players....

[/quote]

LOL! Well that sexy half-Asian specimen can come right on over, I'll nurse him back to health. Ok that was inappropriate but it's the truth.

And I agree we hold to too much damaged goods and that needs to stop. Sucks abot Jennings though really does.

Veteran

More of the same over at TAGF...*sigh*

[quote user="Bleu"]

I feel ya AG! Love the RD analogy...that was pretty good. And hey HC...missed you guys!
    [/quote]

It's about time you came back!! Are you still working for you know who?

[quote user="Bleu"]

LOL! Well that sexy half-Asian specimen can come right on over, I'll nurse him back to health. Ok that was inappropriate but it's the truth.

And I agree we hold to too much damaged goods and that needs to stop. Sucks abot Jennings though really does.
    [/quote]

My take on it is that we just have to cut our losses and move on. Other teams are winning the superbowl
    while we WERE busy holding onto players like Tim Carter...
    I'm afraid that Derrick Ward is going to be on that list as well...

Now we have a HOF Strahan that adding to even more drama...it just needs to stop..

Just like Susan Powers always says, STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

eh...phooey! [:P]
    [/quote]

He'll have my fair share of comments when I see more out of him...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I can't beleive how many people are trashing Tiki on the NBC debut thread on TAGF....

He didn't criticize Eli last night, he said exactly what everyone already knows. Fans just
    don't want to hear it...
    [/quote]</P>

If Tiki said that TC was the nicest guy in the world, and that Eli was the best QB, this MB would still flame him. </P>

Hello all. I guess TAGF is a mess?</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I can't beleive how many people are trashing Tiki on the NBC debut thread on TAGF....

don't want to hear it...
    [/quote]</p>

If Tiki said that TC was the nicest guy in the world, and that Eli was the best QB, this MB would still flame him. </p>

Hello all. I guess TAGF is a mess?</p>[/quote]

I would rather Tiki said nothing...good or bad....but that never seemed to happen while he was playing for us...........
    Sure as hell ain't happening now................

That Bib boy Wright made a huge hit last night in the 4th. Guy might be what me need. I'm just glad we have depth at WR this year. Did London get cut already? Anyone know?