Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]<p align="left"><font color="#b40707" face="Georgia" size="3">POSTED 6:40 p.m. EDT, September 10, 2007</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">VARYING REPORTS ON ELI INJURY</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">At a time when we're hearing rumors that Giants quarterback Eli Manning could miss the entire 2007 season with a shoulder injury, media reports regarding the extent of the injury are all over the map.</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">Adam Schefter of NFLN says that Manning has a separated shoulder, and that he could be back by September 30.</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Peyton's little brother will miss at least a month, which means he'd be back for a Monday nighter on October 15 in Atlanta.</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">Mort also reports that there were fears that Manning had suffered a torn labrum, but that an MRI showed that the labrum was intact.</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">The Giants, however, insist that Eli won't miss significant time. Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star Ledger echoes that sentiment, as does Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">So what gives? It could be that the injury is serious, but that the team is hoping to sign or trade for a replacement without the player or the team in question knowing that the situation is dire. The price tag naturally goes up if the Giants are perceived to be desperate. </font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">Of course, such an approach wouldn't work on free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich, since Leftwich and Manning are represented by the same agent. </font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">Hey, it wouldn't be the first time a team lied about a guy's condition for strategic reasons. And it wouldn't be the last.</font></p>[/quote]

wow wow, let's not go that far, I still want Eli here, let's see what happens this week with the NY media... but I don't blame them for being pessimistic after all the injuries thus far...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Right now we have a better chance of finding Hoffa than getting a 100% certain answer on what is going on with Eli......................
    [/quote]

The drama continues!! Strahan is back, and now it's all about Eli....

What ever happened to the mods enforcing the rule on multiple posts on the same subject or posts with 0 information or links?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Right now we have a better chance of finding Hoffa than getting a 100% certain answer on what is going on with Eli......................
    [/quote]

[/quote]

and now everyone is freaking out cuz he might not play............
    Where are all those people who wanted J-Load to start..now it might happen.......

You don't realize what ya have...until it's taken away from ya........[]

two football games tonight. Hope they are good

[quote user="AsianGiant"]So is the season over with both Manning and BJ out for a month?

I think so....

[:$]
    [/quote]</P>

I don't think the injury to BJ will hurt us as badly as losing Manning or Osi. I think it is time for this Kiwi experiment to be over. I think that Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw can pick up the slack. I think that all of the Jload lovers saw how horrible he truly was. He overthrew a wide open Plaxico by at least 10 yards. </P>

More Eli drama</P>
    <DIV>A day after Eli Manning left early from the Giants' 45-35 loss to the Cowboys, the team continued to be secretive over the status of its starting quarterback's throwing shoulder.</DIV>

</P>

Manning was told Monday that he had a second degree sprain of the AC joint, a source close to Manning told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer. If that diagnosis is correct, Manning would likely be out at least 2-4 weeks. </P>

The Giants, however, continued to insist that the injury was merely a contusion of the AC joint, and were listing Manning as day-to-day.

Meanwhile, a report on the Newark Star Ledger Web site said inital concerns that Manning suffered a torn labrum were overblown, and the labrum is in fact fine. The report cited an unidentified source who spoke with Manning on Monday.

The New York Daily News, citing an anonymous league source, reported that Manning had a sprained right shoulder, but there was no structural damage to the joint. While Manning's status for Sunday's home game against Green Bay remains in doubt, Manning would not miss more than a week or two with the injury, the report said.

The most dire report Monday came from ESPN.com, which reported that Manning would miss a month with a slightly separated right shoulder. However, Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon denied that report, referring to the injury as a contusion of the AC joint. Hanlon said Manning was day-to-day.</P>

"Don't be shocked if you see him playing on Sunday," Hanlon said, according to the report.</P>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...SO2&amp;ATT=MA</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]What ever happened to the mods enforcing the rule on multiple posts on the same subject or posts with 0 information or links?[/quote]

It hasn't been the same since Kevin left.....

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Right now we have a better chance of finding Hoffa than getting a 100% certain answer on what is going on with Eli......................
    [/quote]

[/quote]

and now everyone is freaking out cuz he might not play............
    Where are all those people who wanted J-Load to start..now it might happen.......

You don't realize what ya have...until it's taken away from ya........[]

two football games tonight. Hope they are good
    [/quote]

I know right, just like the classless fans that clapped for Clemens to come in when
    Pennington got hurt....

Jload is fun to "want" to come in but you really don't want it to happen. It is obvious
    Eli is head over shoulders better than Jload...

This is just bad....

well headed home, and I'll check in tomorrow. Enough drama for me.

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]So is the season over with both Manning and BJ out for a month?

I think so....

[:$]
    [/quote]</p>

I don't think the injury to BJ will hurt us as badly as losing Manning or Osi. I think it is time for this Kiwi experiment to be over. I think that Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw can pick up the slack. I think that all of the Jload lovers saw how horrible he truly was. He overthrew a wide open Plaxico by at least 10 yards. </p>[/quote]

Remember, don't jump on the Ward bandwagon just yet. Give him 2-3 games before his foot
    is broken....