Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="BJacobs27"]hey asian giant, long time no see, hows everything?! i've been busy at college, part 1 of my master plan.... i've only been posting weekends and in the talk about the giants forum.

just wondering why you don't post in there, you seem very very knowledgable about giants football lol.

and im not gonna lie, there was another motive to this post... can i be a "coach" avatar [/quote]

i know you were "talking" to AG, but from what i noticed about this delightful thread, AG for Coach is basically an Internet water cooler where we can gossip and chill. As the good Sister JerseyGiant21 says, "we need more sane posters".

well, this thread is also an Oasis from TAGF where flame wars rule, "real" Jint fans bash "inferior" Jint fans, a respite from (Giant Player) Sucks, J_Load fanboy-dom, etc etc etc.

It really is a nice break from the hysteria of TAGF and even the smack-talk of Rivals Section.

and that's my 2 cents worth. sorry for butting in.
    [/quote]

Thanks!!

You hit the nail on the head!! It also allows us to post very much off topic subjects without
    getting our thread deleted!! Truth is with all the bashing and other insane things going on in TAGF, this flies under the radar....

We do talk about football in here too but it's not a must...that's what I like about it...

[quote user="mjg407"]Quiet in here. I can't believe some of these passes that pennington was making the first half.....[:@][/quote]

Jets looked liked they were ready to take the game yesterday.

Giants this season have a knack for making comebacks haven't you noticed?

Also, my thoughts on Eli is that he is playing quite well, but just like Tynes is good for one missed
    FG per game, Eli is good for one INT per game...he really needs to cut that down.

Our defense isn't always going to be able to play catch up every week...

I also have to apologize about what I've said about Derrick Ward, he has lasted 2 weeks longer
    than I thought he would. You see, Ward has been very much injury prone as Barber's backup,
    so it makes logical sense that to become a starter, he wouldn't last very long.

Yesterday he looked hurt but turned out he was ok.

As for my thoughts on BJ, he's powerful as we all know, but I still think he is injury prone....

I really like our new guys coming up like Dockery from last year and Ross from this year...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Quiet in here. I can't believe some of these passes that pennington was making the first half.....[:@][/quote]

Jets looked liked they were ready to take the game yesterday.

Giants this season have a knack for making comebacks haven't you noticed?

Also, my thoughts on Eli is that he is playing quite well, but just like Tynes is good for one missed
    FG per game, Eli is good for one INT per game...he really needs to cut that down.

Our defense isn't always going to be able to play catch up every week...

I also have to apologize about what I've said about Derrick Ward, he has lasted 2 weeks longer
    than I thought he would. You see, Ward has been very much injury prone as Barber's backup,
    so it makes logical sense that to become a starter, he wouldn't last very long.

Yesterday he looked hurt but turned out he was ok.

As for my thoughts on BJ, he's powerful as we all know, but I still think he is injury prone....

I really like our new guys coming up like Dockery from last year and Ross from this year...

[/quote]The Jets and Pennington in the first half were amazing. We had the D, we had the coverage, two passes he made were simply spectacular. Dockery bit hard on the TD pass. </P>

I dunno yet on Eli. It doesn't get much worse than a 0.0 passer rating in the first half. We were luckythat he didn't hit a D-lineman on the intentional grounding. </P>

Plax came up big.... again. I think that if we lose plax, we are in trouble.</P>

Playcalling was pathetic in the first half. We were running the ball well, so what do we do, start airing it out. Ouch. I seriously think we can grind it out against most teams, and we have a good changeup combo with Hedge****, BJ, and Ward. </P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

The Jets and Pennington in the first half were amazing. We had the D, we had the coverage, two passes he made were simply spectacular. Dockery bit hard on the TD pass. </p>

I dunno yet on Eli. It doesn't get much worse than a 0.0 passer rating in the first half. We were luckythat he didn't hit a D-lineman on the intentional grounding. </p>

Plax came up big.... again. I think that if we lose plax, we are in trouble.</p>

Playcalling was pathetic in the first half. We were running the ball well, so what do we do, start airing it out. Ouch. I seriously think we can grind it out against most teams, and we have a good changeup combo with Hedge****, BJ, and Ward. </p>[/quote]

Was there even a Toomer sighting yesterday? I don't think he even had one catch?

This Matthews guy, the backup for Shockey needs to go...he stinks...

[quote user="mjg407"]

The Jets and Pennington in the first half were amazing. We had the D, we had the coverage, two passes he made were simply spectacular. Dockery bit hard on the TD pass. </p>

I dunno yet on Eli. It doesn't get much worse than a 0.0 passer rating in the first half. We were luckythat he didn't hit a D-lineman on the intentional grounding. </p>

Plax came up big.... again. I think that if we lose plax, we are in trouble.</p>

Playcalling was pathetic in the first half. We were running the ball well, so what do we do, start airing it out. Ouch. I seriously think we can grind it out against most teams, and we have a good changeup combo with Hedge****, BJ, and Ward. </p>[/quote]

I didn't think the Jets and Pennington were all that amazing....there were eh.....I think the Giants were asleep the first half.....playcalling played a part in it
    Yeah Eli had a 0.0 passer rating in the first half and then came back and had a second half with a rating of 158.33. Will will see bad and good from Eli. But one thing is for sure...if we are down...I have faith he can bring us back. I'm glad we have him.

Plax came up big...
    Glad to see Shockey involved...
    Ross was amazing...
    Jacobs and Ward are gonna be great together.....
    I think we may have a defense...I still don't trust them....but so far so good...
    I give Coughlin and the other coaches for changes things around after the crap they put out there the first half

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

I didn't think the Jets and Pennington were all that amazing....there were eh.....I think the Giants were asleep the first half.....playcalling played a part in it
    Yeah Eli had a 0.0 passer rating in the first half and then came back and had a second half with a rating of 158.33. Will will see bad and good from Eli. But one thing is for sure...if we are down...I have faith he can bring us back. I'm glad we have him.

Plax came up big...
    Glad to see Shockey involved...
    Ross was amazing...
    Jacobs and Ward are gonna be great together.....
    I think we may have a defense...I still don't trust them....but so far so good...
    I give Coughlin and the other coaches for changes things around after the crap they put out there the first half

[/quote]

I'd like to see Eli play a little more sharp from beginning to end.

Also don't forget about Rubin Droughns(sp?), he can be good too, we just aren't using him....
    We could have a good 3 headed monster...Droughs is kind of a hybrid between BJ and Ward...

Also glad to see S. Moss finally make a catch although so far, I'd have to say the guys has
    been a major disappointment. He ain't no Steve Smith. And his brother Santana isn't all that
    great anyways...

I wouldn't mind if they made a good trade for him...

Again, Toomer disappear and we STILL won the game. So that's actually a good thing...

Our OL has been protecting Eli as well so the loss of Luke the puke has not affected us at all..
    In fact, his injury down in Tampa is almost what could have been yet again if he were still with us..

Now another team has to deal with his injuries....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

The Jets and Pennington in the first half were amazing. We had the D, we had the coverage, two passes he made were simply spectacular. Dockery bit hard on the TD pass. </P>

I dunno yet on Eli. It doesn't get much worse than a 0.0 passer rating in the first half. We were luckythat he didn't hit a D-lineman on the intentional grounding. </P>

Plax came up big.... again. I think that if we lose plax, we are in trouble.</P>

Playcalling was pathetic in the first half. We were running the ball well, so what do we do, start airing it out. Ouch. I seriously think we can grind it out against most teams, and we have a good changeup combo with Hedge****, BJ, and Ward. </P>

[/quote]

Was there even a Toomer sighting yesterday? I don't think he even had one catch?

[/quote]Toomer was double covered a lot yesterday. The int in the first half was thrown his way. </P>

Matthews was brought in as a UFA for his blocking ability, he wasn't exactly known for his catches. He did have some nice blocks yesterday when they put him in motion to the fullback.

There were two passes Pennington made yesterday (or maybe it was spectacular catches) that were amazing. The one on the sideline I couldn't believe.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

Playcalling was pathetic in the first half. We were running the ball well, so what do we do, start airing it out. Ouch. I seriously think we can grind it out against most teams, and we have a good changeup combo with Hedge****, BJ, and Ward. </p>

[/quote]

[/quote]Toomer was double covered a lot yesterday. The int in the first half was thrown his way. </p>

Matthews was brought in as a UFA for his blocking ability, he wasn't exactly known for his catches. He did have some nice blocks yesterday when they put him in motion to the fullback.

There were two passes Pennington made yesterday (or maybe it was spectacular catches) that were amazing. The one on the sideline I couldn't believe.</p>[/quote]

Yes Pennington does have "touch". I give him that, but that's the least he can have with that
    arm of his...I would hate to be a WR for Chad.....he is going to hang you out to dry!!!

That's the thing about Shockey's backups, it's not good when the D knows you are coming in
    for blocking, it cuts down one more player you don't have to worry about. It would be nice if
    he could catch so that they have to atleast respect the backup....

It's the same thing about Larry Johnson at KC. You know he isn't blocking or catching for sh**
    when he's in...he's getting the ball....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    I'd like to see Eli play a little more sharp from beginning to end.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>The coaches need to not do this crup with airing it out in the begining, esp when Eli is struggling. </FONT>

Also don't forget about Rubin Droughns(sp?), he can be good too, we just aren't using him....
    We could have a good 3 headed monster...Droughs is kind of a hybrid between BJ and Ward...</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Yeah I'm not sure why they aren't giving him more carries, and also why Bradshaw was inactive.</FONT>

Also glad to see S. Moss finally make a catch although so far, I'd have to say the guys has
    been a major disappointment. He ain't no Steve Smith. And his brother Santana isn't all that
    great anyways...</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Moss finally makes a catch, but really didn't do much with it. We can always use him for a 3 yard gain on an end around.</FONT>

I wouldn't mind if they made a good trade for him...

Again, Toomer disappear and we STILL won the game. So that's actually a good thing...

<FONT color=#0000ff>If we loose Plax... then I think we are in trouble. That TD was all Plax. I couldn't believe he didn't step out of bounds.</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Yes Pennington does have "touch". I give him that, but that's the least he can have with that
    arm of his...I would hate to be a WR for Chad.....he is going to hang you out to dry!!!

That's the thing about Shockey's backups, it's not good when the D knows you are coming in
    for blocking, it cuts down one more player you don't have to worry about. It would be nice if
    he could catch so that they have to atleast respect the backup....

It's the same thing about Larry Johnson at KC. You know he isn't blocking or catching for sh**
    when he's in...he's getting the ball....

[/quote]Boss is the real backup in terms of ability. Matthews was undrafted and not used to catching, I'll give him some room to improve. He did catch one on 3rd and long, but it was well short of the stick.