Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    I'd like to see Eli play a little more sharp from beginning to end.</p>

<font color="#0000ff">The coaches need to not do this crup with airing it out in the begining, esp when Eli is struggling. </font>

Also don't forget about Rubin Droughns(sp?), he can be good too, we just aren't using him....
    We could have a good 3 headed monster...Droughs is kind of a hybrid between BJ and Ward...</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Yeah I'm not sure why they aren't giving him more carries, and also why Bradshaw was inactive.</font>

Also glad to see S. Moss finally make a catch although so far, I'd have to say the guys has
    been a major disappointment. He ain't no Steve Smith. And his brother Santana isn't all that
    great anyways...</p>

<font color="#0000ff">Moss finally makes a catch, but really didn't do much with it. We can always use him for a 3 yard gain on an end around.</font>

I wouldn't mind if they made a good trade for him...

Again, Toomer disappear and we STILL won the game. So that's actually a good thing...

<font color="#0000ff">If we loose Plax... then I think we are in trouble. That TD was all Plax. I couldn't believe he didn't step out of bounds.</font>
    [/quote]</p>[/quote]

For all the things people have said about Plax only playing when he wants to play, he has stepped up
    bigtime this year. Bad ankle and all!!! It was very easy for him to just get tapped in the legs and
    go out of bounce, but he fought it...it was just amazing...

I think we should try using Moss for punt and kickoff returns? What do you think??

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

Yes Pennington does have "touch". I give him that, but that's the least he can have with that
    arm of his...I would hate to be a WR for Chad.....he is going to hang you out to dry!!!

That's the thing about Shockey's backups, it's not good when the D knows you are coming in
    for blocking, it cuts down one more player you don't have to worry about. It would be nice if
    he could catch so that they have to atleast respect the backup....

It's the same thing about Larry Johnson at KC. You know he isn't blocking or catching for sh**
    when he's in...he's getting the ball....

[/quote]Boss is the real backup in terms of ability. Matthews was undrafted and not used to catching, I'll give him some room to improve. He did catch one on 3rd and long, but it was well short of the stick.[/quote]

You're right after all the other guys we've given a chance to, we should give this guy a chance...

moss was a returner in college, don't know why he isn't now. I would like to see him at least try, and not give up on Bradshaw yet.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

Yes Pennington does have "touch". I give him that, but that's the least he can have with that
    arm of his...I would hate to be a WR for Chad.....he is going to hang you out to dry!!!

That's the thing about Shockey's backups, it's not good when the D knows you are coming in
    for blocking, it cuts down one more player you don't have to worry about. It would be nice if

It's the same thing about Larry Johnson at KC. You know he isn't blocking or catching for sh**

[/quote]Boss is the real backup in terms of ability. Matthews was undrafted and not used to catching, I'll give him some room to improve. He did catch one on 3rd and long, but it was well short of the stick.[/quote]

You're right after all the other guys we've given a chance to, we should give this guy a chance...

[/quote]He had some knocks on him about his catching skills in camp too. But he is a really good blocker and huge.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]He had some knocks on him about his catching skills in camp too. But he is a really good blocker and huge.[/quote]

Let's hope we don't lose him to the Vikings for a huge stupid contract!!!!

[quote user="mjg407"]moss was a returner in college, don't know why he isn't now. I would like to see him at least try, and not give up on Bradshaw yet.[/quote]

TC's always been a conservative coach so perhaps that comes into play. Maybe with an aging Toomer
    and currently ailing Burress, he wants Moss to stay healthy..

My take is, use everyone you can in all positions...if you're concerned about Moss getting hurt like another Tim Carter, then trade him and get someone else.....

I would love to have Joe Jurevicius back....

I don't see Moss' not playing having to do with anything but his lack of production. I don't think he is readily making the transition from college to pro. SMith however is, and will be welcome back.

[quote user="mjg407"]I don't see Moss' not playing having to do with anything but his lack of production. I don't think he is readily making the transition from college to pro. SMith however is, and will be welcome back.[/quote]

Moss not playing has nothing to do with us winning. Which is a good thing. But as we're winning,
    we need to also keep building up depth and making our backups as solid as possible.

McQuarters is "ok" but I'd like to see what Moss can do.

Hester is such a weapon for the Bears. I also don't know why we didn't pick up Dante Hall??
    Was he too expensive??

Moss or Bradshaw would both be good on kickoff returns, or at least they look good on paper. I don't know why unless it's a fear of them muffing the punts.</P>

Here's an intersting stat, Derrick Ward is #2 in the NFC for rushing yards..... wow!</P>

Hey coach, so do you like the way we are putting our DEs in as DTs in passing situations? </P>

On a lighter note:</P>

As Life and Style reported last week, Britney <NOBR>Spears</NOBR> missed her first supervised visit with her two boys on Friday, and now new reports claim it wasn't because she didn't know they were waiting at the gate, but because she refused to allow a court appointed parenting coach to oversee the visit. Sources say: </P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Britney <NOBR>Spears</NOBR> didn't answer her buzzer when her kids came to visit last Thursday is because she wants nothing to do with anyone who tries to tell her how to be a good parent.
    We're told Britney was well aware that her kids were coming at 10:00 AM. She had telephone conversations about it 10 minutes earlier. Britney's big concern was that she didn't want the parenting coach, who was in tow, to tell her how to interact with her kids.
    So Brit's solution was to not answer the buzzer, as her kids cried in front of the house and waited for 40 minutes before K-Fed's bodyguard pulled the plug and returned home.
    </BLOCKQUOTE>