Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]i dont know if anyone's read Mike's book yet, but i just finished it today.
    in spite of being a Jints fan and borderline homer, it is a great book to read.

i really do like Stray and this book linda makes him more of a favorite for me.
    [/quote]

I dunno if I will get Mike's book...maybe...

I did read the Accorsi book....it was pretty ok...ya def get some great insights on some of the players......esp Plax......[Y]

All-Pro

i read different parts of Strahan's book... a little self serving...but, not as nearly as much as Barber.</P>

The chapter on TC...is pretty good for anyone who hates TC. Strahan really does like him.</P>

</P>

[quote user="Markroman"]

i read different parts of Strahan's book... a little self serving...but, not as nearly as much as Barber.</p>

The chapter on TC...is pretty good for anyone who hates TC. Strahan really does like him.</p>

[/quote]</p>

i guess. there were times when i thought does he (or Glazer) have to refer to this player or that player as 'All-Pro' or "Pro-bowl" etc.</p>

but i think it is a good read for 'those people' who think that all these guys do is play a game and that there is nothing more than that. I played HS football as i assume many of us did, and even then, my program was kinda craptastic so i didn't benefit from any really great experiences. In chicago the Catholic League or the suburban schools usually have the best football and baseball programs, the inner city, where i live, usually has the best basketball programs.</p>
    also, i found a lot of what Stray/Glazer wrote gave me fond and not so fond memories of my time in Service.

On another note i also purchased Roger Director's : I Dream in Blue, Life, Death, and the NY Giants

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

hey all, I'm back after a fairly long absence, and for that, I apologize. hope all is well with everyone. I have a bit of a panic on right now, my tickets for the london game still haven't showed up, and i don't know if that's the same for everyone, or if they lost mine! they had better show or i'll be sick!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey all, I'm back after a fairly long absence, and for that, I apologize. hope all is well with everyone. I have a bit of a panic on right now, my tickets for the london game still haven't showed up, and i don't know if that's the same for everyone, or if they lost mine! they had better show or i'll be sick!!!!
    [/quote]
    Hey andy hows it going?

I have my tickets, all 6 woooooooooo! id imagine the reason you dont have yours has something to do with recent postal strikes, im sure they will be along soon!

Looking forward to tonight, games on channel 5, dunno if you get that in Scotland but they are live from Atlanta anyway!

[quote user="kkr"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey all, I'm back after a fairly long absence, and for that, I apologize. hope all is well with everyone. I have a bit of a panic on right now, my tickets for the london game still haven't showed up, and i don't know if that's the same for everyone, or if they lost mine! they had better show or i'll be sick!!!!
    [/quote]
    Hey andy hows it going?

I have my tickets, all 6 woooooooooo! id imagine the reason you dont have yours has something to do with recent postal strikes, im sure they will be along soon!

Looking forward to tonight, games on channel 5, dunno if you get that in Scotland but they are live from Atlanta anyway!
    [/quote]

hey there man. did you get an email saying they'd been posted? i haven't even had that!

yeah, i got sky tv, so i'm all set for the game. gonna be a zombie at work in the morning though. but hey, it'll be worth it if we get the win.

Hey hey......

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey hey......[/quote]

hey MJ, how's things. should be a good game tonight. but i may be buying into the hype over your D line a bit too much. id be happy to see a couple sacks though.

I'm not entirely buying the "hype" yet myself. The players need to perform tonight, they have been given the tools, now build me a house!</P>

nice pics on your webpage btw...</P>

ok, i'm gonna leave my computer now and head off to the TV. I'll speak to you all tomorrow afetr the game. LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!