Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]<h1>Game of the Century? It is what it is</h1> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td align="left"></td><td width="10"></td><td nowrap="true"><span class="authorName">By Rich Eisen</span>|<span class="articleSource">NFL Network</span>
    <span class="authorTitle"></span>
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Some Game of the Century, huh?</p>

Despite
    the Original 81's warning for all of us media folk to have our popcorn
    ready for Sunday's showdown with New England, the Other 81 and the rest
    of the Patriots left the Cowboys in the same state they seem to leave
    every opponent these days: utterly despondent, slightly demoralized and
    muttering to anyone who will listen about a rematch down the road.</p>

"I told my coach [Sunday], 'If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again,'" Dallas wide receiver Patrick Crayton said Monday, stressing the "they" - as in the 6-0 rampaging Patriots. "If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again. Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement."</p>

</p><table style="margin: 10px; width: 20px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); border-collapse: collapse; float: right;"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 10px 10px 0px;"></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px 10px; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">Matt Slocum / Associated Press</td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 0px 10px 10px; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold;">Randy Moss caught a touchdown in New England's win over Dallas, but his post-game poise was even more impressive.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Well, then, if we're being serious,
    perhaps someone needs to inform young Crayton that, in statement games,
    statements should be made, you know, within the actual game. I guess
    that someone is your humble narrator. Someone who goes from a
    seventh-round draft choice out of Northwestern Oklahoma State to the
    No. 2 receiver behind Terrell Owens,
    as Crayton has done in just four short years, has a right to feel
    ****y. But still, shouldn't he check himself here? Alas, he wasn't
    finished, saying the New England defense only stopped Dallas "when we
    had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. But they're
    definitely not the real deal."</p>

Well, at least he gets points for
    dropping an "it is what it is" on us. You will always get points around
    here using that in the form of a sentence. Even if you're making very
    little sense.</p>

Now I must admit I write this week's blog with a
    bit of trepidation because I know that many of you out there in The
    Readership grew tired last week of the hype-fest over the
    Patriots-Cowboys clash.</p>[/quote]

well...it is what it is. ya' know?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Us says:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Then, after belting out Rihanna's "Umbrella," Spears told her assistant Bret she wanted her dog London. Learning the Yorkie was in Malibu, 27 miles away, she said, "**** that. That will take us an hour to drive there. Can't we have the dog messengered over?"
    But Spears -- within earshot of an Us reporter and other shoppers -- saved her choicest words for the judge in her custody battle with Kevin Federline, L.A. County commissioner Scott M. Gordon, whose court she had just departed after a 45-minute face-off.
    "I hate my judge," Spears declared to Bret. "He is so mean. Just an old fart. He told me I was being catty with him, but he was being catty with me and paid me no respect at all."
    "His job is to sit there and tell people what to do," Spears said. "And that's just so sad, because he gets off on it."
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

Saw this on PFT...</P>
    <P align=left><FONT face=Georgia size=3>The best line from Kimmel, which isn't contained on the video clip, was this one: "Harrington's not a very good quarterback but he's very nice to his pets."</FONT></P>
    <P align=left><FONT face=Georgia size=3>That might be the funniest line ever uttered on Monday night football.</FONT></P>

All-Pro

[quote user="mjg407"]

Saw this on PFT...</p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">The best line from Kimmel, which isn't contained on the video clip, was this one: "Harrington's not a very good quarterback but he's very nice to his pets."</font></p>
    <p align="left"><font face="Georgia" size="3">That might be the funniest line ever uttered on Monday night football.</font></p>[/quote]

Haha.

That's a great line.

Tiffany Adamo of Le Mesa, CA is thinking. And this last arrest was a real winner. Here's more from <FONT color=#225588>SignOnSanDiego.com</FONT>:

<BLOCKQUOTE>An aspiring emergency medical technician has been arrested five times in six months on suspicion of drunken driving, including three times in last month.
    Tiffany Adamo, 26, was arrested Saturday afternoon in a shopping center parking lot of this east San Diego suburb after she pinned a 7-year-old boy between her 2000 Toyota Camry and her mother's car, police said. The boy was not seriously hurt.

It came three days after the Ramona woman was arrested when police found her passed out behind the wheel and blocking traffic, said La Mesa police Lt. Alan White. It was Adamo's third arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence in the suburb since Sept. 27.

The California Highway Patrol and the San Diego County Sheriff's Department have also arrested her on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Efforts by The San Diego Union-Tribune to contact Adamo's attorney were unsuccessful. No one immediately responded to a phone message from The Associated Press seeking comment from a Tiffany Adamo in Ramona.

Her grandfather told the newspaper that she had been pursuing a job as an emergency medical technician.

"Everyone who meets her just loves her to death," said John Adamo. </BLOCKQUOTE>

Is anyone else concerned about the 49rs? Didn't they spend a bunch of money in the off season to impove their D? The O sucks that's for sure. What do you guys/gals think?

[quote user="mjg407"]Is anyone else concerned about the 49rs? Didn't they spend a bunch of money in the off season to impove their D? The O sucks that's for sure. What do you guys/gals think?[/quote]

Yeah their D isn't that bad so it can't be overlooked. Their O is worthless, Frank Gore isn't playing
    all that well since they don't have any other weapons. So it's easy to concentrate on him.

I was not concerned about losing to the Falcons which is a rarity, but I am concerned about a letdown
    this week. This is a typical Giants game that we should win and for whatever reason we don't....

Well Alex Smith is back, but do they even have one name brand receiver? Other than their TE, who all do they have? If we can contain Gore in the box, we should hold them. I just can see him break some biggies against us. Their D has kept them in the game, and they really haven't played any O powerhouses so their games have mostly (other than Seattle) been lost by less than a touch down.

Uh oh what are the Tiki bashers gonna do now?</P>

Such as ...</P>

"Very easily, at the halfway point in the <SPAN class=caps>NFL </SPAN>season, the New York Giants can be 6-2," Barber said. "And will they be able to hang on? The only thing that matters -- and as was aforementioned and alluded to, I donít matter, the lack of me being there doesnít matter -- the only thing that matters for the New York Giants is: Can they stay healthy? Because right now they're playing as good as they've ever played and Eli looks as good as he's ever looked. ... You look at the remaining schedule for the New York Giants, there is a very good chance the New York Giants are going to win 12 games this season.</P>

"You look at the <SPAN class=caps>NFC, </SPAN>who is better? I can hardly say Dallas now because Dallas' defense gave up 48 points (to the Patriots), and granted it was to the best team in the <SPAN class=caps>NFL </SPAN>and, as Cris Collinsworth said, maybe the best team he's ever seen. But Dallas' defense, I don't think, is as good as the New York Giants defense. Aaron Ross has started to play great football. The pass rush and the underneath, especially stopping the run game, the New York Giants have vastly improved in the last couple of weeks. As we talked about, Coach Spagnuolo's defense has become more familiar (to) the players there.</P>

"And then you look at offense, tell me who matches this? Granted, Dallas does probably match offensively in some aspects. You have one of the best possession receivers, a guy who is going to catch any ball that comes his way, in Amani Toomer. You have, potentially, a competitor for league <SPAN class=caps>MVP </SPAN>in Plaxico Burress. He's in the discussion now at 507 (receiving) yards, 17 yards a reception and eight touchdowns. You have a quarterback who has taken enormous strides in becoming the leader of this team and it shows. His confidence is better. When he makes a bad play as he does every now and then you don't see the discouragement in his body and that translates over to how the players accept him on the playing field.</P>

"And then you have a running game (where) you mix it up. Reuben Droughns goes for 90 yards (against Atlanta). Three weeks ago (in Washington) Derrick Ward went for 94 yards. Last week (vs. the Jets) Brandon Jacobs rushed for 100 yards. And they have a play-action game plan, a pass-first game plan that keeps everybody off guard. I can't tell you, other than maybe Dallas, who is better."</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="mjg407"]

Uh oh what are the Tiki bashers gonna do now?</p>

Such as ...</p>

"Very easily, at the halfway point in the <span class="caps">NFL </span>season, the New York Giants can be 6-2," Barber said. "And will they be able to hang on? The only thing that matters -- and as was aforementioned and alluded to, I donít matter, the lack of me being there doesnít matter -- the only thing that matters for the New York Giants is: Can they stay healthy? Because right now they're playing as good as they've ever played and Eli looks as good as he's ever looked. ... You look at the remaining schedule for the New York Giants, there is a very good chance the New York Giants are going to win 12 games this season.</p>

"You look at the <span class="caps">NFC, </span>who is better? I can hardly say Dallas now because Dallas' defense gave up 48 points (to the Patriots), and granted it was to the best team in the <span class="caps">NFL </span>and, as Cris Collinsworth said, maybe the best team he's ever seen. But Dallas' defense, I don't think, is as good as the New York Giants defense. Aaron Ross has started to play great football. The pass rush and the underneath, especially stopping the run game, the New York Giants have vastly improved in the last couple of weeks. As we talked about, Coach Spagnuolo's defense has become more familiar (to) the players there.</p>

"And then you look at offense, tell me who matches this? Granted, Dallas does probably match offensively in some aspects. You have one of the best possession receivers, a guy who is going to catch any ball that comes his way, in Amani Toomer. You have, potentially, a competitor for league <span class="caps">MVP </span>in Plaxico Burress. He's in the discussion now at 507 (receiving) yards, 17 yards a reception and eight touchdowns. You have a quarterback who has taken enormous strides in becoming the leader of this team and it shows. His confidence is better. When he makes a bad play as he does every now and then you don't see the discouragement in his body and that translates over to how the players accept him on the playing field.</p>

"And then you have a running game (where) you mix it up. Reuben Droughns goes for 90 yards (against Atlanta). Three weeks ago (in Washington) Derrick Ward went for 94 yards. Last week (vs. the Jets) Brandon Jacobs rushed for 100 yards. And they have a play-action game plan, a pass-first game plan that keeps everybody off guard. I can't tell you, other than maybe Dallas, who is better."</p>[/quote]

Simply put, he's right.
    We have a good shot at being 12-4, maybe even better. Our offense is very good right now, and our defense is solid. If we stay healthy, this team can go places.