Re: Asian giant for HC

I think I heard O'Hara had a bruised knee, I think he can come back from that.

But you are right, they could have been taken out for precautionary purposes....

Plax looked quite healthy out there and practiced all week....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]One other thing, RW McQuarters is just absolutely horrible as punt returner....

We've seen a glimpse of what can happen with a Hixon or Bradshaw back there..

Please replace RW....
    [/quote]

I love how he just stands there and gets hit, and over times he lets it bounce will standing two feet from it.

RW is awful at returning punts. Please allow Hixon or Bradshaw try.

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I think I heard O'Hara had a bruised knee, I think he can come back from that.

But you are right, they could have been taken out for precautionary purposes....

Plax looked quite healthy out there and practiced all week....
    [/quote]

Plax looked great tonight. He came up with some very nice catches, something that has seemed to be missing all season long.

[quote user="Chopper"][quote user="AsianGiant"]One other thing, RW McQuarters is just absolutely horrible as punt returner....

We've seen a glimpse of what can happen with a Hixon or Bradshaw back there..

Please replace RW....
    [/quote]

I love how he just stands there and gets hit, and over times he lets it bounce will standing two feet from it.

RW is awful at returning punts. Please allow Hixon or Bradshaw try.
    [/quote]

Yeah at certain times he doesn't know if he should catch it or not, you either go for it, or you haul a/s/s and get away from the ball...he's scared me a couple times picking it up late....

I can't see how TC could be very happy with his returning performance...

Hester does both duties, I can't see why Hixon can't either....

Bradshaw will most likely be promoted to full time offense and be taken out of special teams
    next season....

Very proud of this team.......

DAMN the Injuries.......very upset by them....hope it's nothing serious.......

But wow....I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game and we lost........

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Very proud of this team.......

DAMN the Injuries.......very upset by them....hope it's nothing serious.......

But wow....I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game and we lost........
    [/quote]

You know, I come out in more of a foul mood when we WIN certain games..especially when we
    played poorly and won..

But we lost this game, and this team looked SOLID....

Maybe it's just reverse pyschology.....

Oh back to the clock management thing, it is not acceptable.

You need to score as quickly as possible because you see, if onside kick doesn't work,
    then based on how much time is left, your team still has a chance.

But the way Eli managed it, which again, was horrible, took forever and assumed the
    onside kick would be successful. You gott punch it in asap, this way if there's too much
    time left, the other team can't just kneel...they need to get a 1st down at least....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Oh back to the clock management thing, it is not acceptable.

You need to score as quickly as possible because you see, if onside kick doesn't work,
    then based on how much time is left, your team still has a chance.

But the way Eli managed it, which again, was horrible, took forever and assumed the
    onside kick would be successful. You gott punch it in asap, this way if there's too much
    time left, the other team can't just kneel...they need to get a 1st down at least....
    [/quote]

True, but I remember a few years ago against the Vikings (I believe) in which we gave them too much time, and ended up losing the game.

Would it have been good to have more time on the clock? Yes. But did it affect the outcome of the game this time? No.

Veteran

The game was great and I'm glad we weren't embarrassed like some teams. I actually wish we could play like that all season, and I specifically hope they play like that next week. If so The Bucs are in for a tough day with us.

However, I don't know what's worse. Losing or almost winning. It's like tasting victory then having it snatched away from you. I swear I felt the moment when it all slipped away for them. That drive where Eli fumbled and we kept back pedaling was terrible and completely killed what little bit of momentum we still held on to. I just can't for the life of me understand why they can't hang in there and finish off teams. We had them beat and its just that simple.

I'm proud of this team I truly am and I like what I saw from our offense and I'm not blaming anyone for the loss b/c they all played well, but its bittersweet for me.

We better win next week.

<FONT face=Arial>

incidentally:</P>
    <UL>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Jets</FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>38-14</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#ffa500>Chargers </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ffa500>38-14</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ffa500> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ffa500>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Bills </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>38-7</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Bengals </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>34-13</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Browns </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>34-17</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT><FONT size=4>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=5>Cowboys </FONT>
    </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=5>48-27</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=5> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=5>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Dolphins </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>49-28</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT><FONT size=4>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#ff1493 size=5>Redskins </FONT>
    </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff1493 size=5>52-7</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff1493 size=5> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff1493 size=5>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=4>Colts </FONT>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=4>24-20</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=4> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=4>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Bills </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>56-10</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT><FONT size=4>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#008000 size=5>Eagles </FONT>
    </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#008000 size=5>31-28</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#008000 size=5> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#008000 size=5>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#800080 size=4>Ravens </FONT>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#800080 size=4>27-24</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#800080 size=4> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#800080 size=4>W</FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Steelers </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>34-13</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Jets </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>20-10</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial>Dolphins </FONT>
    <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>28-7</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial>W</FONT></FONT><FONT size=4>
    <LI><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5>Giants </FONT>
    </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5>38-35</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5> </FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5>W</FONT></LI>[/list]</FONT><FONT size=2>

<FONT face=Arial>notice something? we scored the MOST points against the BEST team in the NFL</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial>Look at our NFL East rivals' scores!!! beagles, deadskins and cowpukes suck in unison!!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial>as for clock management the O period, this season doesn't hustle back to the scrimmage with the intent of rattling off a play that could catch the opposing D on their heels with the undies at their ankles.[:@]</FONT></P></FONT>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI