Re: Asian giant for HC

wow, it's like a hurricane here right now. 60 mph winds, half the city is losing power. Dont know how much longer I'll be able to logon.

i think Britters should become our thread mascot. after all, she gives us all something to talk about, laugh at,question the morals of and be glad it's not us up there in public making a fool of ourselves. these are all good mascot qualities!

All-Pro

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]i think Britters should become our thread mascot. after all, she gives us all something to talk about, laugh at,question the morals of and be glad it's not us up there in public making a fool of ourselves. these are all good mascot qualities!
    [/quote]

Mascots are usually loveable, and she isn't loveable.

[quote user="Chopper"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]i think Britters should become our thread mascot. after all, she gives us all something to talk about, laugh at,question the morals of and be glad it's not us up there in public making a fool of ourselves. these are all good mascot qualities!
    [/quote]

Mascots are usually loveable, and she isn't loveable.
    [/quote]

oh yeah! that's a very good point!

With the frequency that she, and her sister, is popping out kids . . . I'd say she is VERY lovable

All-Pro

[quote user="Berliner24"]With the frequency that she, and her sister, is popping out kids . . . I'd say she is VERY lovable[/quote]

How about how her mother wrote a book on parenting?

But still, I don't think she is not lovable enough to be a mascot.

[quote user="Berliner24"]With the frequency that she, and her sister, is popping out kids . . . I'd say she is VERY lovable[/quote]

that too, is a very good point! but maybe it should be, "WAS" lovable!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Berliner24"]That's surprising. I would figure that it would be a priority for cable/sattelite providers to offer the network stations in HD.[/quote]

No that's actually one of the pitfalls of satellite, at least at the time I had them.

They don't offer local channels, I'm not sure how it works, I mean I was able to get 2,4,5 and 7 with Directv but the HD part might not be available.

With cablevision, you get HD channels for local....
    [/quote]
    hi all i've been looming in the shadows regard to telecom, satellite technology and good o' home theatre.
    you see i went to school and studied low-voltage electricity and part of the course including classes on the aforementioned.

so, no, i am not a guru per se, but i do have education on the topics.

1) the satellite comapanies all share the same "parent satellites" which in most cases for our hemisphere, most are owned by DirecTV.

the satelliet "beams" its signals to particular areas in what i can only explain as a "circle" on a region of the map.

for true National cable stations (HBO, Skinamax etc), they have a "larger" circle of transmitted bandwidths.

your "local" channels transmit into "smaller bandwidth circles". for example many of my in-laws are directly between chicago and south bend,IN. however they get the Michiana local stations based out of both south bend and elkhart,IN.

2) HD tech talk
    whats the diff between progressive scan and interlace (ex 720i or 1080p)
    the image on a "P" HDTV starts at the top and works it way down (refresh rate) where-as an "I" HDTV scans "every other" line, top to bottom then"goes" back and refreshes the "odd numbers"

plasma, lcd and dlp: lcd's are getting better and better and the decrease in price is making the HDTV more affordable in many American homes

plasma, once a taboo due to a rather quick burn-out time, has drastically improved it's technology and offer the best quality of modern HDTV's. just get ready to pay some serious cash for one.

dlp: the "mirrors" for one reason or another is not nearly as popular as the first 2, and i know that it's color pallette pales when compared to either a plasma or lcd, just get real close to one for example, or turn on the lights!!!

3)Home Theatre
    so what does the number and dot number mean?
    the first number is the # of speaker satellites while the point 1 represents the LFE, low-frequency effects more commonly known as the the sub-woofer. (ex 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1)

Dolby is the parent of the technology, DTS (Digital Theater System) offers what some think to be crisper highs and heavier lows and Lucas' THX is basically a tweaked version of Dolby. (it doesn't hurt that movies he produces are specifically tweaked so that you really enjoy that THX sound)

in the end it's all about you, the consumer and your needs.

next class, Surrouns Sound Speaker height and placement []

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

double post

sorry

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Berliner24"]That's surprising. I would figure that it would be a priority for cable/sattelite providers to offer the network stations in HD.[/quote]

No that's actually one of the pitfalls of satellite, at least at the time I had them.

They don't offer local channels, I'm not sure how it works, I mean I was able to get 2,4,5 and 7 with Directv but the HD part might not be available.

With cablevision, you get HD channels for local....
    [/quote]
    hi all i've been looming in the shadows regard to telecom, satellite technology and good o' home theatre.
    you see i went to school and studied low-voltage electricity and part of the course including classes on the aforementioned.

so, no, i am not a guru per se, but i do have education on the topics.

1) the satellite comapanies all share the same "parent satellites" which in most cases for our hemisphere, most are owned by DirecTV.

the satelliet "beams" its signals to particular areas in what i can only explain as a "circle" on a region of the map.

for true National cable stations (HBO, Skinamax etc), they have a "larger" circle of transmitted bandwidths.

your "local" channels transmit into "smaller bandwidth circles". for example many of my in-laws are directly between chicago and south bend,IN. however they get the Michiana local stations based out of both south bend and elkhart,IN.

2) HD tech talk
    whats the diff between progressive scan and interlace (ex 720i or 1080p)
    the image on a "P" HDTV starts at the top and works it way down (refresh rate) where-as an "I" HDTV scans "every other" line, top to bottom then"goes" back and refreshes the "odd numbers"

plasma, lcd and dlp: lcd's are getting better and better and the decrease in price is making the HDTV more affordable in many American homes

plasma, once a taboo due to a rather quick burn-out time, has drastically improved it's technology and offer the best quality of modern HDTV's. just get ready to pay some serious cash for one.

dlp: the "mirrors" for one reason or another is not nearly as popular as the first 2, and i know that it's color pallette pales when compared to either a plasma or lcd, just get real close to one for example, or turn on the lights!!!

3)Home Theatre
    so what does the number and dot number mean?
    the first number is the # of speaker satellites while the point 1 represents the LFE, low-frequency effects more commonly known as the the sub-woofer. (ex 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1)

Dolby is the parent of the technology, DTS (Digital Theater System) offers what some think to be crisper highs and heavier lows and Lucas' THX is basically a tweaked version of Dolby. (it doesn't hurt that movies he produces are specifically tweaked so that you really enjoy that THX sound)

in the end it's all about you, the consumer and your needs.

next class, Surrouns Sound Speaker height and placement []
    [/quote]

You sound like you really know what you're talking about.
    And I'm looking forward to the surround sound part.

Thanks.