Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

I wish I could give the team a speech this week. It's like I see so much of a difference in this team and I know I've sometimes been their biggest critic, but I just sat back and thought about this group and SO MANY names popped in my head.

Think about the 05 & 06 season. On offense Tiki ran the show, I mean even when Eli did play well, Tiki still outshined him and rightfully so, but without Tiki we didn't stand a chance. On defense, we had Strah, and Osi was coming into his own, but it was still only those two mainly making headlines. With glimses of hope here and there. They limped into the PO after countless injuries and were completely crushed both times.

In 2007, the season told a very different story and this is what I've seen. Each game has had a shining star...when someone needed to step up they did. Here's my list: Eli, Plax, Toomer, Shockey, Jacobs, Ward, Boss, Hedge****, & yes even Droughns has shined. Bradshaw, Smith, & sometimes even Moss has been in there making things happen & of course the ENTIRE offensive line has made lanes for our RB's consistently all season. Defensively they've been solid w/Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Kawika, Pierce, Torbor, Coefield, Madison, Ross, Dockery, Webster (Where has this cutie been hiding), Wilson, R.W & Butler. Then you have Feagles & Tynes (yes he's had his momentsm but overall, he has done well). And our special teams improving slowly and helping the offense, with Hixon and that runback for a TD against the Pats was beautiful Now when you look at this list, you can say something positive for each player on it and in some games one or more of these players as well.

In the end though, what is this list? This list represents the Giants TEAM. Ladies and Gentlemen we have a team. Collectively the face of this group has been NY Giants all day. Everyone has stepped up in some way and each week the media is singing the praises of one more guy, not ONE guy, someone that has stepped in and made a play or two to help us win has been the difference this season. Each game it gets better and better to watch them take the field. I mean long gone are the days when we relied on one player to be the difference in a game. Because when a team focuses in on one player to shut them down, someone else steps up and makes them remember why you should NEVER do that. We are a threat on so many levels it's almost scary now. And I know it's early but they need to be acknowledged for what they've accomplished thus far. Never giving up no matter what, always performing, and playing until the last whistle is blown, week in and week out. I am SO PROUD of this team. I want them to win on Sunday and for once I feel like we can. This is the test we always seem to fail...every season we're asked to do it, and every season we're lacking in one aspect or another. This time for this game, everything is in order. Yes we have some injuries, but this team can make it happen. They can beat Dallas, and I fully expect them to and answer the call of who is the best TEAM once and for all. I believe they are...not because Dallas isn't but because everything is happening for us at the right time. This guys are focused and clicking and it's time for the Giants TEAM to shine.

Go Giants and I hope we win on Sunday.

Right on Bleu! Solid and Positive post. I too am SO excited for this game and feel they can win.</P>

But you have been a fan of this team too long to expect......................you know where I'm going with this and I'll stop andkeep it positive.[]</P>

GO GIANTS- do it for us,do it foryou and do it forBLEU!!!!</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="mjg407"]Morning all![/quote]</P>

Morning bud- nasty day here up in Boston</P>

[/quote]sorry to hear that, nice here in Tucson, which is good saying I'm flying a plane today that has sat for 20 years.....[^o)][/quote]</P>

Are you re-conditioning it,to add to the fleet?</P>[/quote]nah this one was purchased by the Brazilian Air Force. I will deliver to Rio in March?

<DIV class=post-body>TMZ says that Britney Spears must face a judge Monday and will be forced to defend her actions over the past few months, specifically last Thursday night, or else it will end any chance she has of regaining custody of her two young boys.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Monday's custody hearing could be one of the most important days in Britney Spears' life Brit needs to face the judge to explain herself if she's got any hope of getting her kids back. Our sources tell us if she doesn't show, or is uncooperative, it could be curtains for her custody case.
    What's more, Commissioner Scott Gordon will hear firsthand eyewitness accounts of last Thursday's breakdown from LAPD, firefighters and paramedics who were on scene. We're told they're not going to paint a pretty picture.
    Also, we've learned the L.A County Sheriff's Department isn't taking any chances -- they're ready for anything. If Brit Brit loses it in court, they'll be there to "handle" the situation.
    </BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know what 1920s villain is writing TMZ these days, but I assume, "it will be curtains for her custody case" means she won't ever get back custody. There's no way that's legal, but if it is, they should do it, then they should tip Britney upside down and fill her vagina with cement so she can't ever pollute the world with her hillbilly kids again. </DIV>

You see one or two of these stories every year, because there's an unfortunately large overlap in the Venn diagram that includes "hunters" and "idiots," and Texans. A man out hunting was killed when his retriever stepped on his shotgun. How does a dog fire a weapon, you ask?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

Perry Price, a 46-year-old math teacher, shot a goose on Saturday then put his gun in the back of the truck where the dog was waiting to retrieve the bird... Investigators found paw <NOBR>prints</NOBR> and mud from the dog, a chocolate Labrador retriever named Arthur, on the shotgun.</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Bad dog! Bad dog, Arthur! Gosh, I'm sorry. I don't know how many times I've told him not to shoot people. Say, do you mind if I rub his nose in the wound? I really want to break this habit." </P>

<DIV class=headline>2012 or more reason why Texans are effed.</DIV>
    <DIV class=headline><FONT size=6></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV class=headline><FONT size=6></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV class=headline><FONT size=6>Parted-at-birth twins 'married' </FONT></DIV>A pair of twins who were adopted by separate families as babies got married without knowing they were brother and sister, a peer told the House of Lords.

A court annulled the British couple's union after they discovered their true relationship, Lord Alton said. </P>
    <H1 _extended="true">Man kills, cooks and possibly eats girlfriend, police say</H1>
    <P _extended="true"><B _extended="true">TYLER, Texas (AP)[/B] -- A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.</P>
    <DIV class=cnnStoryPhotoBox _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnImgChngr id=cnnImgChngr _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnStoryPhotoCaptionBox _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnn3pxTB9pxLRPad _extended="true">
    <P _extended="true">Christopher Lee McCuin allegedly killed his girlfriend and then called police to say he was boiling her body parts.</P></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class=cnnWireBoxFooter _extended="true"> </DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <P _extended="true">Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, called 911 on Saturday and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Jana Shearer, 21, and was boiling her body parts at his mother's home, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.</P>
    <P _extended="true">When authorities arrived at the home, they found Shearer's mutilated body, one ear boiling in a pot of water on the stove and a fork sticking out of some human flesh sitting on a plate on the kitchen table.</P>

[quote user="Bleu"]I wish I could give the team a speech this week. It's like I see so much of a difference in this team and I know I've sometimes been their biggest critic, but I just sat back and thought about this group and SO MANY names popped in my head.

Think about the 05 &amp; 06 season. On offense Tiki ran the show, I mean even when Eli did play well, Tiki still outshined him and rightfully so, but without Tiki we didn't stand a chance. On defense, we had Strah, and Osi was coming into his own, but it was still only those two mainly making headlines. With glimses of hope here and there. They limped into the PO after countless injuries and were completely crushed both times.

In 2007, the season told a very different story and this is what I've seen. Each game has had a shining star...when someone needed to step up they did. Here's my list: Eli, Plax, Toomer, Shockey, Jacobs, Ward, Boss, Hedge****, &amp; yes even Droughns has shined. Bradshaw, Smith, &amp; sometimes even Moss has been in there making things happen &amp; of course the ENTIRE offensive line has made lanes for our RB's consistently all season. Defensively they've been solid w/Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Kawika, Pierce, Torbor, Coefield, Madison, Ross, Dockery, Webster (Where has this cutie been hiding), Wilson, R.W &amp; Butler. Then you have Feagles &amp; Tynes (yes he's had his momentsm but overall, he has done well). And our special teams improving slowly and helping the offense, with Hixon and that runback for a TD against the Pats was beautiful Now when you look at this list, you can say something positive for each player on it and in some games one or more of these players as well.

In the end though, what is this list? This list represents the Giants TEAM. Ladies and Gentlemen we have a team. Collectively the face of this group has been NY Giants all day. Everyone has stepped up in some way and each week the media is singing the praises of one more guy, not ONE guy, someone that has stepped in and made a play or two to help us win has been the difference this season. Each game it gets better and better to watch them take the field. I mean long gone are the days when we relied on one player to be the difference in a game. Because when a team focuses in on one player to shut them down, someone else steps up and makes them remember why you should NEVER do that. We are a threat on so many levels it's almost scary now. And I know it's early but they need to be acknowledged for what they've accomplished thus far. Never giving up no matter what, always performing, and playing until the last whistle is blown, week in and week out. I am SO PROUD of this team. I want them to win on Sunday and for once I feel like we can. This is the test we always seem to fail...every season we're asked to do it, and every season we're lacking in one aspect or another. This time for this game, everything is in order. Yes we have some injuries, but this team can make it happen. They can beat Dallas, and I fully expect them to and answer the call of who is the best TEAM once and for all. I believe they are...not because Dallas isn't but because everything is happening for us at the right time. This guys are focused and clicking and it's time for the Giants TEAM to shine.

Go Giants and I hope we win on Sunday.
    [/quote]

Great post Bleu!

[quote user="mjg407"]<div class="post-body">TMZ says that Britney Spears must face a judge Monday and will be forced to defend her actions over the past few months, specifically last Thursday night, or else it will end any chance she has of regaining custody of her two young boys.
    <blockquote>Monday's custody hearing could be one of the most important days in Britney Spears' life Brit needs to face the judge to explain herself if she's got any hope of getting her kids back. Our sources tell us if she doesn't show, or is uncooperative, it could be curtains for her custody case.
    What's more, Commissioner Scott Gordon will hear firsthand eyewitness accounts of last Thursday's breakdown from LAPD, firefighters and paramedics who were on scene. We're told they're not going to paint a pretty picture.
    Also, we've learned the L.A County Sheriff's Department isn't taking any chances -- they're ready for anything. If Brit Brit loses it in court, they'll be there to "handle" the situation.
    </blockquote>I don't know what 1920s villain is writing TMZ these days, but I assume, "it will be curtains for her custody case" means she won't ever get back custody. There's no way that's legal, but if it is, they should do it, then they should tip Britney upside down and fill her vagina with cement so she can't ever pollute the world with her hillbilly kids again. </div>[/quote]

Ahhh but in order to defend her case, she will need to show up! That is the first battle!!!

[quote user="mjg407"]<div class="headline">2012 or more reason why Texans are effed.</div>
    <div class="headline"><font size="6"></font></div>
    <div class="headline"><font size="6"></font></div>
    <div class="headline"><font size="6">Parted-at-birth twins 'married' </font></div>A pair of twins who were adopted by separate families as babies got married without knowing they were brother and sister, a peer told the House of Lords.

A court annulled the British couple's union after they discovered their true relationship, Lord Alton said. </p>
    <h1 _extended="true">Man kills, cooks and possibly eats girlfriend, police say</h1>
    <p _extended="true"><b _extended="true">TYLER, Texas (AP)[/b] -- A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.</p>
    <div class="cnnStoryPhotoBox" _extended="true">
    <div class="cnnImgChngr" id="cnnImgChngr" _extended="true">
    <div class="cnnStoryPhotoCaptionBox" _extended="true">
    <div class="cnn3pxTB9pxLRPad" _extended="true">
    <p _extended="true">Christopher Lee McCuin allegedly killed his girlfriend and then called police to say he was boiling her body parts.</p></div></div>
    <div class="cnnWireBoxFooter" _extended="true"> </div></div></div>
    <p _extended="true">Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, called 911 on Saturday and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Jana Shearer, 21, and was boiling her body parts at his mother's home, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.</p>
    <p _extended="true">When authorities arrived at the home, they found Shearer's mutilated body, one ear boiling in a pot of water on the stove and a fork sticking out of some human flesh sitting on a plate on the kitchen table.</p>[/quote]

Wow those are both sick stories. Except the first one seemed innocent...

The second? AUGH....

Hey AG, so what are your thoughts on the game?