Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Berliner24"]

I posted this in TAGF, but I wanted to make sure you all saw it:</p>
    <div class="ForumPostContentText" id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl1_Pos tViewWrapper">

I just heard a replay of the radio broadcast of the Knicks game during the end of the Giants game. The Knicks and Pistons were in a timeout, so they decided to play the end of the Giants game on the big screen. The players were all watching, and the crowd was going NUTS! The MSG crowd was chanting DEFENSE, DEFENSE (much louder than any defense chant for the Knicks this year, lol). The players lined up for the free throw and they were still showing the game and the crowd was going wild!</p>

Gus Johnson even started doing play by play of the game on the Knicks radio broadcast! He had a great call too! </p>

Someone HAS to find this audio clip and post it ...</p></div>[/quote]

Yeah I saw this video clip on NBC last night, that's pretty cool...it was nice to see basketball fans, (which many are probably Giants fans too) all into the game...

They showed it on NBC? When? What show? Did you TIVO? Is there a clip online?

[quote user="Berliner24"]They showed it on NBC? When? What show? Did you TIVO? Is there a clip online?[/quote]

Oh, my mistake it was Foxsports at 10:30PM. I could have saved it but I didn't.

It was pretty cool, there was a shot of the audience and the screen up on top and they showed
    the clip of McQuarters intercepting the ball at the end and everyone in the audience was screaming
    and going crazy..

It was kinda like that Larry Johnson 3 pointer shot with foul that got them into the NBA back in the days.
    There was also a clip of the detroit players smiling and enjoying it as well, as if they were rooting
    for the Giants to win too. it was really cool to see...

Oh man, they had the rooftop corner shot from the baseline? that's great. I would so love to see that clip.</P>

Make it happen, AG, make it happen.</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Berliner24"]They showed it on NBC? When? What show? Did you TIVO? Is there a clip online?[/quote]

Oh, my mistake it was Foxsports at 10:30PM. I could have saved it but I didn't.

It was pretty cool, there was a shot of the audience and the screen up on top and they showed
    the clip of McQuarters intercepting the ball at the end and everyone in the audience was screaming
    and going crazy..

It was kinda like that Larry Johnson 3 pointer shot with foul that got them into the NBA back in the days.
    There was also a clip of the detroit players smiling and enjoying it as well, as if they were rooting
    for the Giants to win too. it was really cool to see...
    [/quote]

I saw that too........

Funny how the loudest cheers at MSG during the Knicks game.....were really for the NY Giants..

Veteran

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="Bleu"]I have no voice! Literally screamed from the time R.W. caught that INT until 10. They did it! They answered that call. They finally beat the BEST! OMG! I recorded the game on my DVR and watched that final play over and over and over again. It was it was unreal, like it didn't happen. To see Rhomo's face and that look of disbelief and NO SMILE for once, made this entire season worth everything. The Minnesota meltdown (who didn't even make the PO's btw) losing to Dallas 2 times, getting embarrased by Green Bay (revenge is coming), having ppl say our "moral victory" wasn't worth it, EVERYONE dogging Eli all these years, saying they'd NEVER make it w/o Tiki, getting boo'd, no one ever picking us and ALWAYS being the underdog no matter what they did. For it to come down to beating the "Super Bowl winning" Dallas Cowboys on their turf, in front of Jerry Jones and T.O. "the super human". Man oh man oh man. Even at halftime JJ, Howie, &amp; Bradshaw, had given the game to Dallas. After scoring in 10 mins all Manning needed was 46 secs and still they didn't b-ELI-eve There is NO better feeling than beating all odds and prevailing when everyone else is against you. Nothing better.

WOW!

Someone said in regards to Strahan's post game intervie when he had his, ephiany moment and how he happy he was that he decided to come back. That there was some hidden inuendo's regarding Tiki's retirement and that's when it hit me that w/Tiki this team would not have been in this place. No one would have grown b/c the offense was built around him and played to HIS strengths. With Tiki we were one dimensional and had limited success, but without him the dimensions are endless. There are so many leaders so many play makers and so much success!

I am so proud of this team, b/c I never thought they'd make it this far. Deep down I knew they had the talent to do it and could get it done but we never had the proof and now we do.

WOW again!
    [/quote]

Well said Bleu!
    I am so proud of this team......this is a team....they are not depending on one person....

They are depending on each other.
    [/quote]

Right which is the difference this year from last year. I mean this year we've had injuries as we will continue to see in every season. But others stepped up as opposed to previous years.

I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and <font color="#ff0000">100</font> - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and <FONT color=#ff0000>100</FONT> - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....
    [/quote]</P>

Also, BJ, stop trying to bounce the run to the outside. Hit the hole with authority. Why not do a handoff every now and then to Hedge****? Also, next year a cornerback with speed is a must. Webster/RW are slow and get beat too much. Butler got beat pretty badly too. </P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

Also, BJ, stop trying to bounce the run to the outside. Hit the hole with authority. Why not do a handoff every now and then to Hedge****? Also, next year a cornerback with speed is a must. Webster/RW are slow and get beat too much. Butler got beat pretty badly too. </p>[/quote]

Yeah something is up with BJ, how painful is it to see a player swipe his feet and he goes down!!?
    It's like Ron Dayne all over again, except with more success with BJ of course..

I'm just baffled why it's so easy to take him down....especially when he bounces to the outside....

LOL!</P>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning:</P>

"Bummed about that loss? Wish you had another shot to knock off the undefeated Patriots? Understandable. But don't sweat it. You're still the reigning Super Bowl champ. Yeah, you know it. You're the man. But only for 20 more days. Then you're crap again. So live it up."</P>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning: </P>

"Throw another tipped pass that was intercepted in the red zone? Too bad. Here's what you need to do: Work on your accuracy. Maybe watch a game tape of Tom Brady for some tips. That guy went 26-for-28. He's awesome. Plus, watching him is easy on the eyes. Total dreamboat." </P>

"So I hear you're upset about losing at home in the divisional playoffs. Worried people are going to call you a choker again? Don't be. You played well. You just had a few bad breaks. And you were up against a buzz saw. That Billy Volek has never lost in the playoffs. He's a dynamo."</P>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning: </P>

"Worried that your coach might be retiring? Understandable. You've had success together. But don't sweat it. You call all of your plays at the line of scrimmage anyway. You could be coached by a gerbil."</P>

"Jealous of your brother? Wish you were him right now? Don't be. Remember growing up how your mom used to change his diapers? Let me let you in on a little secret: He's still wearing them. Yeah. You know it."</P>

"Disappointed that your season ended so soon? Understandable. One-and-done is a bummer. But remember that you have a Super Bowl ring. Your legacy is secure. So use your extra free time to film some more commercials. I think there's a mortuary in Bloomington you don't yet endorse."</P>