Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

<font color="#ff1493">3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and 100 - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....
    </font>
    [/quote]

I agree 100% with your assessment, and with any team no one is perfect and there are always things to work on. The highlighted ones are the ones I personally agree with the most.

Yesterday each of these made me livid, so I know I speak for many others in that they need to improve.

Our "closing out the game clock management" is BEYOND horrendous. OMG...I nearly exploded when not once but twice they failed to do so. These last second come back drives, and asking the defense for a crucial stop WILL haunt us if the offense can't muster up one or two first downs. It's beyond frustrating at this point b/c it happens far too often,

The long 3rd down conversions are also infuriating. If you can't stop a team on 3rd down and a mile then the defense is going to be on the field too long which causes casualties. Which is why they stay so banged up b/c they're NOT getting off the field.

And Gilbride just doesn't seem to understand the differences in his two backs. So when we need a measly 1 yd our bruiser should be in. However, if we need 3-5 then bouncing it out to the right or left side requires cut backs and burst and speed through the holes, which is much more suited for Bradshaw. I mean I'm no coach but we've seen it time and time again and BJ fails miserably unless it's a 1-2 yds. out. So using them to their personal strengths has proven success, why not continue.

The others are issues but as long as they don't hurt us, I'm good. EXCELLENT post though and great insight on some of our not so solid areas AG/HC!

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and <font color="#ff0000">100</font> - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....
    [/quote]</p>

<font color="#ff1493">Also, BJ, stop trying to bounce the run to the outside. Hit the hole with authority.</font> Why not do a handoff every now and then to Hedge****? Also, next year a cornerback with speed is a must. Webster/RW are slow and get beat too much. Butler got beat pretty badly too. </p>[/quote]
    That's NOT his style of running so if a play is to the outside he's shouldn't be in there. BJ is an up the middle power runner, who BTW is successful when plays are called to showcase his strengths. Gilbride needs to be more aware of this when calling in plays during the game.

<H2>This Trilogy Always Ends the Same</H2>

</P>

hahahaha.. this cowturd writer must be eating some terrible crow this day.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

Also, BJ, stop trying to bounce the run to the outside. Hit the hole with authority. Why not do a handoff every now and then to Hedge****? Also, next year a cornerback with speed is a must. Webster/RW are slow and get beat too much. Butler got beat pretty badly too. </p>[/quote]

Yeah something is up with BJ, how painful is it to see a player swipe his feet and he goes down!!?
    It's like Ron Dayne all over again, except with more success with BJ of course..

I'm just baffled why it's so easy to take him down....especially when he bounces to the outside....
    [/quote]

*sigh* BJ and Ron Dayne references. WOW!

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]<h2>This Trilogy Always Ends the Same</h2>

</p>

hahahaha.. this cowturd writer must be eating some terrible crow this day.</p>[/quote]
    I guess that would be true if he were the writer. HA! How wrong could he be...

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]

LOL!</p>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning:</p>

"Bummed about that loss? Wish you had another shot to knock off the undefeated Patriots? Understandable. But don't sweat it. You're still the reigning Super Bowl champ. Yeah, you know it. You're the man. But only for 20 more days. Then you're crap again. So live it up."</p>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning: </p>

"Throw another tipped pass that was intercepted in the red zone? Too bad. Here's what you need to do: Work on your accuracy. Maybe watch a game tape of Tom Brady for some tips. That guy went 26-for-28. He's awesome. Plus, watching him is easy on the eyes. Total dreamboat." </p>

"So I hear you're upset about losing at home in the divisional playoffs. Worried people are going to call you a choker again? Don't be. You played well. You just had a few bad breaks. And you were up against a buzz saw. That Billy Volek has never lost in the playoffs. He's a dynamo."</p>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning: </p>

"Worried that your coach might be retiring? Understandable. You've had success together. But don't sweat it. You call all of your plays at the line of scrimmage anyway. You could be coached by a gerbil."</p>

"Jealous of your brother? Wish you were him right now? Don't be. Remember growing up how your mom used to change his diapers? Let me let you in on a little secret: He's still wearing them. Yeah. You know it."</p>

"Disappointed that your season ended so soon? Understandable. One-and-done is a bummer. But remember that you have a Super Bowl ring. Your legacy is secure. So use your extra free time to film some more commercials. I think there's a mortuary in Bloomington you don't yet endorse."</p>[/quote]

These are hilarious! OMG! LMAO! Good stuff MJG!

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="mjg407"]
    <H2>This Trilogy Always Ends the Same</H2>

</P>

hahahaha.. this cowturd writer must be eating some terrible crow this day.</P>

[/quote]
    I guess that would be true if he were the writer. HA! How wrong could he be...
    [/quote]haha best quotes:</P>

No, no. Today, I offer simply a modest thesis:The Dallas Cowboys are going to defeat(again)the New York Giants tomorrow. For the third time this season, Dallas will win, and the Giants will lose.</P>

For those New Yorkers who continue to insist that your team cannot possibly be beaten by the same team three times in one year, I’m sorry, but one playoff win does not make Eli Manning a stud quarterback. Stud quarterbacks earn their teams first-round byes.</P>

add this:</P>

Even if the Cowboys’ first two wins were “flukes,” the Cowboys will be a better team in this game than they were during the year. With wideouts Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn finally on the field together, quarterback Tony Romo will have the two best receivers in football to whom to throw. </P>

I would say that Tom Brady has the best receivers to throw too. </P>

Someone edited T.O.'s wikipedia page. Here's an excerpt:</P>

Owens returned for the divisional playoff game against the Giants, where he caught 4 passes for 49 yards and a touchdown. After the game while being interviewed by the media, Owens cried like a little ***** and tried to look genuine in his concern for his QB. Nice try T.O., we all know what kind of person you are already. Go do some situps in your driveway while Romo gets the popcorn ready.</P>

I wonder who edited it ...</P>

...</P>

</P>

[quote user="Berliner24"]

Steve Smith is legit.</p>

Boss made a huge catch on the TD drive before the half ended.</p>

Aaron Ross showed some serious GUTS, even with the injured shoulder
    he still tackled Barber by leading with his shoulder into Barber's
    legs. He is the man.</p>

Bradshaw isa future star.</p>

Look at that, all those rookies.<font size="5"> Jerry Reese wins.</font></p>[/quote]

F'n Right!!!!

as for Eli,
    Eli is humble, he always mentions the team or players hitting the big
    plays or working hard, he praises the D, Eli is a real stand-up blue
    collar dude. Philthy Rivers is all trashbag!!! thank god he ain't a Jint!!!

AND thank God Tivi teethy barber is gone, and for the record as much as i LOVE Shock, i bet his absence helps Eli as well...
    listen , this team has triumphed continually despite the nay-saying and criticism.

tiki teethy barber's abscence and the grit and success of this team only seems to demonstrate how much of a bum he really was.

this team's got moxie and heart and even if we lose next week, i cannot deny just how proud i am of this team!!!!

Go JINTS!!!!

all day e'ryday!!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI