Re: Asian giant for HC

And now a word from yours truly:

It wasn't so much the win.....

It was beating our division rival Cowboys.

It was beating the #1 seed Cowboys in their house.

It was beating jerry jones on the sidelines.

It was beating the Fox sports crew who didn't think we had a chance.

It was beating Romo and Jessica Simpson.

It was beating T.O. and his popcorn...

It was beating 12 Pro-bowl players....

It was beating Crayton and his mouth....

It was beating Wade Phillips who still believes the best team lost.

Yesterday's win, is more than just a win....

[quote user="mjg407"]

LOL!</p>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning:</p>

"Bummed about that loss? Wish you had another shot to knock off the undefeated Patriots? Understandable. But don't sweat it. You're still the reigning Super Bowl champ. Yeah, you know it. You're the man. But only for 20 more days. Then you're crap again. So live it up."</p>

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning: </p>

"Throw another tipped pass that was intercepted in the red zone? Too bad. Here's what you need to do: Work on your accuracy. Maybe watch a game tape of Tom Brady for some tips. That guy went 26-for-28. He's awesome. Plus, watching him is easy on the eyes. Total dreamboat." </p>

"So I hear you're upset about losing at home in the divisional playoffs. Worried people are going to call you a choker again? Don't be. You played well. You just had a few bad breaks. And you were up against a buzz saw. That Billy Volek has never lost in the playoffs. He's a dynamo."</p>

"Worried that your coach might be retiring? Understandable. You've had success together. But don't sweat it. You call all of your plays at the line of scrimmage anyway. You could be coached by a gerbil."</p>

"Jealous of your brother? Wish you were him right now? Don't be. Remember growing up how your mom used to change his diapers? Let me let you in on a little secret: He's still wearing them. Yeah. You know it."</p>

"Disappointed that your season ended so soon? Understandable. One-and-done is a bummer. But remember that you have a Super Bowl ring. Your legacy is secure. So use your extra free time to film some more commercials. I think there's a mortuary in Bloomington you don't yet endorse."</p>[/quote]

Dude that is grrrrreat!!

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="AsianGiant"]I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

<font color="#ff1493">3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and 100 - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....
    </font>
    [/quote]

I agree 100% with your assessment, and with any team no one is perfect and there are always things to work on. The highlighted ones are the ones I personally agree with the most.

Yesterday each of these made me livid, so I know I speak for many others in that they need to improve.

Our "closing out the game clock management" is BEYOND horrendous. OMG...I nearly exploded when not once but twice they failed to do so. These last second come back drives, and asking the defense for a crucial stop WILL haunt us if the offense can't muster up one or two first downs. It's beyond frustrating at this point b/c it happens far too often,

The long 3rd down conversions are also infuriating. If you can't stop a team on 3rd down and a mile then the defense is going to be on the field too long which causes casualties. Which is why they stay so banged up b/c they're NOT getting off the field.

And Gilbride just doesn't seem to understand the differences in his two backs. So when we need a measly 1 yd our bruiser should be in. However, if we need 3-5 then bouncing it out to the right or left side requires cut backs and burst and speed through the holes, which is much more suited for Bradshaw. I mean I'm no coach but we've seen it time and time again and BJ fails miserably unless it's a 1-2 yds. out. So using them to their personal strengths has proven success, why not continue.

The others are issues but as long as they don't hurt us, I'm good. EXCELLENT post though and great insight on some of our not so solid areas AG/HC!
    [/quote]

Thank you, the fact that you agree shows that you have watched the game in detail and see what I'm seeing. I just hope that they can correct these issues which for the most part really aren't all that hard to correct!! Just do it!!!

Would it hurt to have both BJ and Bradshaw in the backfield together? Then throw a flea flicker hahaha!!

Sometimes I'd like to get in the minds of coaches and ask why they don't do things that most fans see? I really think coaches outdo themselves....

[quote user="mjg407"]

LOL!</p>

"Bummed about that loss? Wish you had another shot to knock off the undefeated Patriots? Understandable. But don't sweat it. You're still the reigning Super Bowl champ. Yeah, you know it. You're the man. But only for 20 more days. Then you're crap again. So live it up."</p>

"Throw another tipped pass that was intercepted in the red zone? Too bad. Here's what you need to do: Work on your accuracy. Maybe watch a game tape of Tom Brady for some tips. That guy went 26-for-28. He's awesome. Plus, watching him is easy on the eyes. Total dreamboat." </p>

"So I hear you're upset about losing at home in the divisional playoffs. Worried people are going to call you a choker again? Don't be. You played well. You just had a few bad breaks. And you were up against a buzz saw. That Billy Volek has never lost in the playoffs. He's a dynamo."</p>

"Worried that your coach might be retiring? Understandable. You've had success together. But don't sweat it. You call all of your plays at the line of scrimmage anyway. You could be coached by a gerbil."</p>

"Jealous of your brother? Wish you were him right now? Don't be. Remember growing up how your mom used to change his diapers? Let me let you in on a little secret: He's still wearing them. Yeah. You know it."</p>

"Disappointed that your season ended so soon? Understandable. One-and-done is a bummer. But remember that you have a Super Bowl ring. Your legacy is secure. So use your extra free time to film some more commercials. I think there's a mortuary in Bloomington you don't yet endorse."</p>[/quote]
    these are funny. [] but i like the colts and big bro, (and the steelers...)

anywho: i excerpted these from my replies on another thread
    THINGS OVERHEARD AT COWPUKE;s HQ:

JJ, Al Davis on line 1...

Ok, Ok so we're not really America's Team anymore, how does Intercontinental Heavy Weight Champion sound?

Too bad the Jints didn't wear those sn***y <font color="#ff0000">RED JERSIES</font>....

New York City????

Yeah , their 81 DID outplay our 81...

"that's so stupid anyway, why are they called the New York Giants when they play in Jersey?"

has anyone seen my antacid?

this team needs an enema [&lt;)]

...guess we might as well head over to the Bada-Bing...

Guess we weren't the Steers this time....

waitaminute!!!!- this ain't no butter, but that artificial stuff !!!

we were outcoached and outplayed, now i have a book signing to do...[]

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"][quote user="AsianGiant"]I posted this on TAGF....thoughts??

Ladies and Gents, I know we are all on cloud 9 right now, but the devil is in the details right?
    Below is what I'd like the Giants to work on, please add your thoughts....

Our team is not perfect, but they can try to play that way....

1) Challenges - Get rid of the guy in the booth. He has prematurely called
    too many bad challenges that TC is trusting, wasting a timeout.

2) Webster - If the play isn't there, don't keep swiping at the receivers
    hands as you go toe to toe with them, it only allows the refs to call a PI...
    I've seen more phantom PI's on Webster than anyone else...

<FONT color=#ff1493>3) BJ - Great in the redzone. Use Bradshaw early on to tire out the defense.
    Then when their tired, throw in BJ as the pile driver.

When it's 3rd and 1, use BJ.
    When it's 3rd and 5, use Bradshaw.

4) The last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter.

We are absolutely awful around this time, when we need a 1st down, we simply
    cannot get it. Need to stop playing tight. It is our offense's version of
    prevent defense.

5) Opponent 3rd and 100 - We are pretty bad when it's 3rd down, we have a terrible
    time stopping teams on 3rd down. Brett will shred us apart if he can always convert
    on 3rd down...must stop them and put our offense back on the field....
    </FONT>
    [/quote]

I agree 100% with your assessment, and with any team no one is perfect and there are always things to work on. The highlighted ones are the ones I personally agree with the most.

Yesterday each of these made me livid, so I know I speak for many others in that they need to improve.

Our "closing out the game clock management" is BEYOND horrendous. OMG...I nearly exploded when not once but twice they failed to do so. These last second come back drives, and asking the defense for a crucial stop WILL haunt us if the offense can't muster up one or two first downs. It's beyond frustrating at this point b/c it happens far too often,

The long 3rd down conversions are also infuriating. If you can't stop a team on 3rd down and a mile then the defense is going to be on the field too long which causes casualties. Which is why they stay so banged up b/c they're NOT getting off the field.

And Gilbride just doesn't seem to understand the differences in his two backs. So when we need a measly 1 yd our bruiser should be in. However, if we need 3-5 then bouncing it out to the right or left side requires cut backs and burst and speed through the holes, which is much more suited for Bradshaw. I mean I'm no coach but we've seen it time and time again and BJ fails miserably unless it's a 1-2 yds. out. So using them to their personal strengths has proven success, why not continue.

The others are issues but as long as they don't hurt us, I'm good. EXCELLENT post though and great insight on some of our not so solid areas AG/HC!
    [/quote]

Thank you, the fact that you agree shows that you have watched the game in detail and see what I'm seeing. I just hope that they can correct these issues which for the most part really aren't all that hard to correct!! Just do it!!!

Would it hurt to have both BJ and Bradshaw in the backfield together? Then throw a flea flicker hahaha!!

Sometimes I'd like to get in the minds of coaches and ask why they don't do things that most fans see? I really think coaches outdo themselves....

[/quote]They did line up Bradshaw and BJ at the same time, but not both in the backfield. We did the same thing last year, never putting Tiki and BJ in the same time. We also are finally breaking from the paradign we had last year, where only one back would run downs 1-3. Why not line RD up at Fullback with Bradshaw and then hand it to RD?

<DIV class=post-body>Britney Spears was expected to arrive in court this morning to argue that she should retain at least some visitation rights of her two children. Although not required to appear, it was explained to her by her council that it was extremely important for her to show and explain her actions over the past few months. Friday, TMZ said it like this:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Monday's custody hearing could be one of the most important days in Britney Spears' life Brit needs to face the judge to explain herself if she's got any hope of getting her kids back. Our sources tell us if she doesn't show, or is uncooperative, it could be curtains for her custody case.
    </BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, hey guess what...

<BLOCKQUOTE>Though her assistant and a mohawked Kevin Federline arrived early this morning at L.A. Superior Court for another hearing in the ongoing custody battle, Britney Spears is still a no-show.
    Perhaps she's in need of some rest.
    X17online.com is running photos of the star and her papar***o beau Adnan Ghalib hitting CVS drug stores around 1 a.m. early Monday.
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

It is expected that Federlines attorney will ask for Britneys visitation rights tobe cut off completely until a full trial in April. So Britney will lose all rights to even see her kids for three months, because she can't be bothered to drive across town. Honest to God, I dare you to find a worse parent that isn't some kind of baby-eating water creature.</P>

UPDATE - wow. look what the cat dragged in. this is pretty touching.</P></DIV>

[quote user="mjg407"]<div class="post-body">Britney Spears was expected to arrive in court this morning to argue that she should retain at least some visitation rights of her two children. Although not required to appear, it was explained to her by her council that it was extremely important for her to show and explain her actions over the past few months. Friday, TMZ said it like this:
    <blockquote>Monday's custody hearing could be one of the most important days in Britney Spears' life Brit needs to face the judge to explain herself if she's got any hope of getting her kids back. Our sources tell us if she doesn't show, or is uncooperative, it could be curtains for her custody case.
    </blockquote>Oh, hey guess what...

<blockquote>Though her assistant and a mohawked Kevin Federline arrived early this morning at L.A. Superior Court for another hearing in the ongoing custody battle, Britney Spears is still a no-show.
    Perhaps she's in need of some rest.
    X17online.com is running photos of the star and her papar***o beau Adnan Ghalib hitting CVS drug stores around 1 a.m. early Monday.
    </blockquote>

It is expected that Federlines attorney will ask for Britneys visitation rights tobe cut off completely until a full trial in April. So Britney will lose all rights to even see her kids for three months, because she can't be bothered to drive across town. Honest to God, I dare you to find a worse parent that isn't some kind of baby-eating water creature.</p>

UPDATE - wow. look what the cat dragged in. this is pretty touching.</p></div>[/quote]

Well I finally heard her talk in a british accent....she is totally insane!!!!

And her new papar***i BF, they call him A-Fed....hahaha...

Any concern AG about the temps for this weekends game?

Is the Giants game going to be on NFL replay? anybody?

[quote user="mjg407"]Any concern AG about the temps for this weekends game?[/quote]

Honeslty, I don't think the cold is going to be THAT much of an issue. As long as Eli plays
    efficiently and we keep Brett off the field. Let the Packers defense be the winded ones....

Just use a combo of Bradshaw and BJ with short dump passes to stay on the field.

We don't want to play the long ball too much because all that hard running is going to hurt
    in that weather....