All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"]I remember AG stating that Ward would get hurt this season. And now that Grant is a star everyone wants to do the shoulda coulda woulda. But the reality is that, the year before Grant was ALSO injured, so it's not like he's exempt from it as well. So the coaches couldn't judge his talent then and with let's see BJ, Droughns, Ward, & newly added Bradshaw SOMEONE had to go. IF Bradshaw had been traded and displayed what he had then it would have been the same story, b/c you judge after the fact. Before Ward got hurt this season he was explosive and extremely successful. So playing the second guessing game is pointless IMO. We have a great group of RB's, that ALL have produced at some point in the season. Injuries are not predictable. And just because Ward was hurt this season doesn't mean Grant won't get hurt next season or whatever. It is what it is, and I'm not dissatisfied with our choice in RB b/c you get results from each one.
    [/quote]

Yes but I know how Ward is from the last couple of years he's been with us. Broken foot? He was always hurt when TIKI was starting....that's the logic that I used...Grant had fresh legs if anything...

I just knew that Ward would play well the first couple of weeks, the guy has heart, but I also knew that he would find himself on IR....he lasted exactly 2 weeks longer than I gave him credit for but if it weren't for Bradshaw and Droughns to pickup the slack, we would have been in trouble..

BJ is not durable either so we really need to use him appropriately next season....if that means rotating our RB's all throughout the game then so be it...but if BJ thinks he can carry the ball 40 times a game, I'm sorry but he's mistaken....

[/quote]

I think part of the reason Ward got hurt is that he really isn't used to playing that much. The past few seasons he didn't get much playing time. Next year he should be able to last a lot longer than this one.

[quote user="Chopper"]

I think part of the reason Ward got hurt is that he really isn't used to playing that much. The past few seasons he didn't get much playing time. Next year he should be able to last a lot longer than this one.
    [/quote]

I posted awhile back all of Wards injuries when Tiki was starting...here it is again...
    After looking at this...are you sure you would want to gamble an injury free season in 2008?

2008 - ??? (toothache maybe?)
    2007 - Knee, ankle, ground, fractured fibula - IR
    2006 - Foot - IR
    2005 - Hamstring, Groin - IR
    2004 - Concussion, ankle

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Chopper"]

[/quote]

I posted awhile back all of Wards injuries when Tiki was starting...here it is again...
    After looking at this...are you sure you would want to gamble an injury free season in 2008?

2006 - Foot - IR
    2004 - Concussion, ankle

[/quote]

I see what you are getting at. I didn't relize that he got hurt that often (and it looks like it's mainly leg injuries), but regardless, I would be content with Jacobs and Bradshaw as our RBs. I do think Bradshaw may be able to play some more next season.
    As for Droughns, whatever.

All-Pro

[/quote]

2006 - Foot - IR
    2004 - Concussion, ankle

[/quote]

I see what you are getting at. I didn't relize that he got hurt that often (and it looks like it's mainly leg injuries), but regardless, I would be content with Jacobs and Bradshaw as our RBs. I do think Bradshaw may be able to play some more next season.

[quote user="Chopper"]

[/quote]

When Ward came around, I was excited to have Tiki and Ward. I wanted to see changes in RB and not rely on Tiki so much. Ward just never came through year in and year out so I was like whatever with him...

Then I saw Grant run really well in pre-season so I thought we had something there...but I didn't make a big deal....

When I found out we traded him and kept Ward! I was like no friggin' way!!!

Then I told MJ that Ward will play good but get hurt in week 2. He last just a tad longer and he's been MIA thus far...

You could take all the stats you want about how good he is when he is playing, but most of the time, his stats is that he is on IR before the first half is even over...

I am so sick of this baseball steroids crap......
    All day so far on WFAN this steroids crud.....boooooooooooooooooooo

I'm getting fed up with the steroids talk too

Me too!! It's so damn boring! It's just a merry go round! No one is going to get in trouble,
    nothing is going to happen..

What's more fun to talk about? The PLAYOFF's or same old boring old people talking about
    steroids....

Veteran

[/quote]

2006 - Foot - IR
    2004 - Concussion, ankle

[/quote]

I do see what you mean and he is fragile. I just don't remember anyone being a Ryan Grant fan until recently. That's all I'm saying. I am happy for him being successful in GB, but I don't think the Giants made a mistake at cutting him. We had other options...

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Me too!! It's so damn boring! It's just a merry go round! No one is going to get in trouble,
    nothing is going to happen..

<font color="#ff1493">What's more fun to talk about? The PLAYOFF's or same old boring old people talking about
    steroids....</font>

[/quote]
    HA!