Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

God..I remember that interview.......
    What a train wreck!!
    [/quote]

Yeah her crocodile tears and the eyelash falling off or something....just look at that face!
    She looks like she is going to kill someone!!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"] Still not a big fan of the Webster.[/quote]

The jury is still out on Webster for me. As I've stated before, he is due for a phantom PI....

On the pass to Crayton that he got burned on, he caught up and started pushing on his left arm,
    if it was any harder and if Crayton fell, that would have been a PI....basically pinning the Cowboys
    on the 1 yard line, effectively ending our season...

I never played cornerback so I dont' know exactly the fundamentals of it, but if you can only have
    physical contact the first 5 yards, I am not understanding why Webster continues to push the limits?

Run toe-to-toe and play the ball, but don't be swiping at their arms because if the receiver decides
    to fall on purpose, it may look like you pushed him..

I just don't get it....
    [/quote]

the problem with CB is a couple of points
    1) agility- you have to have the "flip of the hips" down pat, this is where a lot of DBs end up giving up that crucial seperation that WRs live by
    2) depending on where you line up and if you give the WR a cushion or not also impacts your play.
    If you are a physical DB you might line up approx 3-5 yds from the reciever , then hit him as he starts to mess up his timing or if you're lucky, knock him on his A
    3) as you may have neard a few times a DB tries to stay inside the reciever and kind of force him towards the sidelines this way you are giving the QB a small window to throw too, plus you have a better chacne at defensing the ball
    4) but the one thing you hope for is your Safety to be able to help you, because often times, you will end up losing the foot race and become exposed- this depends entirely upon the type of Defensive play called though. (i HATED man to man coverage)

i played both TB and CB, i preferred RB more. as a CB, if, when you got burnt EVERYONE saw it and there were NO excuses you could come up with. none.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

What a train wreck!!
    [/quote]

Yeah her crocodile tears and the eyelash falling off or something....just look at that face!
    <font size="4">She looks like she is going to kill someone!!!</font>
    [/quote]

She sure does......sadly...I also think in the future.....she actually might try to! Watch out K-Fed!

Alrighty...I'm out.....time for Law &amp; Order SVU then sleepy time. I hope it's a new one.
    Not many new TV shows with this writers strike....

Thank fully new Lost coming up soon! YAY
    Oohh and BSG! I still have to catch up!

Night night!

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

What a train wreck!!
    [/quote]

<font size="4">She looks like she is going to kill someone!!!</font>
    [/quote]

She sure does......sadly...I also think in the future.....she actually might try to! Watch out K-Fed!

Alrighty...I'm out.....time for Law &amp; Order SVU then sleepy time. I hope it's a new one.
    Not many new TV shows with this writers strike....

Thank fully new Lost coming up soon! YAY
    Oohh and BSG! I still have to catch up!

Night night!
    [/quote]

LAter JG!!! Trust me I will not let you miss BSG!!!

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

the problem with CB is a couple of points
    1) agility- you have to have the "flip of the hips" down pat, this is where a lot of DBs end up giving up that crucial seperation that WRs live by
    2) depending on where you line up and if you give the WR a cushion or not also impacts your play.
    If you are a physical DB you might line up approx 3-5 yds from the reciever , then hit him as he starts to mess up his timing or if you're lucky, knock him on his A
    3) as you may have neard a few times a DB tries to stay inside the reciever and kind of force him towards the sidelines this way you are giving the QB a small window to throw too, plus you have a better chacne at defensing the ball
    4) but the one thing you hope for is your Safety to be able to help you, because often times, you will end up losing the foot race and become exposed- this depends entirely upon the type of Defensive play called though. (i HATED man to man coverage)

i played both TB and CB, i preferred RB more. as a CB, if, when you got burnt EVERYONE saw it and there were NO excuses you could come up with. none.
    [/quote]

Great job!! Nice explanation....you should really join the staff....

I still don't get why you can run next to the reciever without swiping his hands..my only concern is if he decides to fall on purpose and win over the ref's, and in a heated game, ref's may throw the flag..

I guess my point is this, if you're not going to swipe his arms to actually get him on the ground, then stay away and play the ball...put your arms up right when he's ready to make a catch, there will be less chance a ref will call PI on you...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

I still don't get why you can run next to the reciever without swiping his hands..my only concern is if he decides to fall on purpose and win over the ref's, and in a heated game, ref's may throw the flag..

I guess my point is this, if you're not going to swipe his arms to actually get him on the ground, then stay away and play the ball...put your arms up right when he's ready to make a catch, there will be less chance a ref will call PI on you...

[/quote]
    well thats the other aspect, the part that's not mechanical but rather more a "feeling".
    bluntly, you attempt to run stride for stride with your assignment, looking at him and hopefully very very close to him, so that when he turns his head/or his eyes start tracking the ball, you have the reflexes enough to start defensing the ball.

i.e. you are covering the WR, he is running a post pattern, so you should be able to try to stick with him stride for stride right? hopefully you are inside him so now you are forcing the QB to have to throw to his outside shoulder either in front or better yet behind= small window.

this is why alot of teams run those short underneath routes and outs, curls, drags/crossing etc. they are hoping the DB is going all out and can't hit the breaks, come back in time to stop or break up the play etc. their speed receivers often are asked to flat out burn you on a deep post. skinny post, fly or out - the possession receiver (the "slower ones") are usually dialed up to do all the underneath or body sacrificing or curl style plays...

DB: this is why a good accelerating DB is so rare and such a treasure. they can stop completely and yet dart in fast enough to make the play.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Good morning Gents and Lady</P>

Training starts today, so non-stop work until next weekend. I'll most likely need to DVR the game this Sunday.[:@] If I can get ahead may be able to take Sunday off.</P>

Good morning Gents and Lady</P>

Training starts today, so non-stop work until next weekend. I'll most likely need to DVR the game this Sunday.[:@] If I can get ahead may be able to take Sunday off.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

Good morning Gents and Lady</p>

Training starts today, so non-stop work until next weekend. I'll most likely need to DVR the game this Sunday.[:@] If I can get ahead may be able to take Sunday off.</p>[/quote]

No way, that sucks!!

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]
    well thats the other aspect, the part that's not mechanical but rather more a "feeling".
    bluntly, you attempt to run stride for stride with your assignment, looking at him and hopefully very very close to him, so that when he turns his head/or his eyes start tracking the ball, you have the reflexes enough to start defensing the ball.

i.e. you are covering the WR, he is running a post pattern, so you should be able to try to stick with him stride for stride right? hopefully you are inside him so now you are forcing the QB to have to throw to his outside shoulder either in front or better yet behind= small window.

this is why alot of teams run those short underneath routes and outs, curls, drags/crossing etc. they are hoping the DB is going all out and can't hit the breaks, come back in time to stop or break up the play etc. their speed receivers often are asked to flat out burn you on a deep post. skinny post, fly or out - the possession receiver (the "slower ones") are usually dialed up to do all the underneath or body sacrificing or curl style plays...

DB: this is why a good accelerating DB is so rare and such a treasure. they can stop completely and yet dart in fast enough to make the play.
    [/quote]

Very insightful! So what are your thoughts on our current CB's and our depth of CB's?