Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

Based on the cap, I see us making Gibril an offer. I see our weak/needs attention areas as follows and in priority:</p>

1. CB - Madison/RW are older, Webster is a ?</p>

2. SS - Gibril is solid, Butler isn't, Johnson may fit that gap, maybe a late rounder.</p>

3. PK - Tynes is not the solution</p>

4. LT - Seubert is getting older, move Diehl back in, ???? on Whimpy or Koets</p>

5. LBr - Need some more depth. If we don't resign Kavika, and Tobor, need to address this in the draft. Not sure what this class looks like for day 2 LBrs</p>

</p>[/quote]

My concern about Websiter is at some points he looks great and some points he looks
    like he regressed....the key is that he played stellar at the right time....but you can't count on that all season....

The two BAD plays from him were against Green Bay when he basically got shoved to the ground
    and it led to that long touchdown.

The other was when he basically just slipped into the endzone and let Moss score.

I know that is nitpicking but those were 2 absolutely huge plays...

I would also add we need a burner at WR. Smith is solid, but Moss is a huge ? mark. We don't have the ability to leave defenders in the dust. Do we need that? I dunno

[quote user="mjg407"]

Based on the cap, I see us making Gibril an offer. I see our weak/needs attention areas as follows and in priority:</P>

1. CB - Madison/RW are older, Webster is a ?</P>

2. SS - Gibril is solid, Butler isn't, Johnson may fit that gap, maybe a late rounder.</P>

3. PK - Tynes is not the solution</P>

4. LT - Seubert is getting older, move Diehl back in, ???? on Whimpy or Koets</P>

5. LBr - Need some more depth. If we don't resign Kavika, and Tobor, need to address this in the draft. Not sure what this class looks like for day 2 LBrs</P>

Did I miss any areas that need attention? Believe or not, we may want to draft a DE as we are going to be thin if Stray doesn't return and I imagine Awasom is going to get the boot from TC.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I don't think we'll be thin at DE at all. We have Osi and Tuck, and Kiwinuka is really a DE. We basically moved him to LB because we were so deep at DE this year. I have a feeling he'll move back eventually, or just be a Ware/Merriman type player who does both.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]I would also add we need a burner at WR. Smith is solid, but Moss is a huge ? mark. We don't have the ability to leave defenders in the dust. Do we need that? I dunno[/quote]

It wold be nice to be able to stretch the field and have that threat.

I'd like to have somoene like that to keep the defense on their toes. That would allow BJ or Bradshaw
    more room to break one....

Plax is the best we have and he's not that fast. But just imagine having someone else line up that
    they have to be concerned about?

We tried having fast WR's in the past and it hasn't panned out.....Dixon and Carter..

I wonder if maybe Hixon could be our burner??

[quote user="Berliner24"][quote user="mjg407"]

Based on the cap, I see us making Gibril an offer. I see our weak/needs attention areas as follows and in priority:</p>

1. CB - Madison/RW are older, Webster is a ?</p>

2. SS - Gibril is solid, Butler isn't, Johnson may fit that gap, maybe a late rounder.</p>

3. PK - Tynes is not the solution</p>

4. LT - Seubert is getting older, move Diehl back in, ???? on Whimpy or Koets</p>

5. LBr - Need some more depth. If we don't resign Kavika, and Tobor, need to address this in the draft. Not sure what this class looks like for day 2 LBrs</p>

Did I miss any areas that need attention? Believe or not, we may want to draft a DE as we are going to be thin if Stray doesn't return and I imagine Awasom is going to get the boot from TC.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

I don't think we'll be thin at DE at all. We have Osi and Tuck, and Kiwinuka is really a DE. We basically moved him to LB because we were so deep at DE this year. I have a feeling he'll move back eventually, or just be a Ware/Merriman type player who does both.</p>[/quote]

Don't forget Dave Tolefson, he showed some good moves when he played..

[quote user="Berliner24"]

I don't think we'll be thin at DE at all. We have Osi and Tuck, and Kiwinuka is really a DE. We basically moved him to LB because we were so deep at DE this year. I have a feeling he'll move back eventually, or just be a Ware/Merriman type player who does both.</P>

[/quote]</P>

All I'm saying is we may want to find an Undrafted FA (Like Tollefson) because right now here's how we look at DE</P>

Osi, Tuck, Tollefson</P>

Stray may or may not retire, if he does, Tuck goes full time to LDE, so we need the speed pass rusher in the middle. Anyone remember where Tuck was drafted? </P>

I'm hoping O and D Linemen, LBs and youth and talent depth at DBs (all positions)</P>

I'm hoping Spags stays because he won't be able to choose his DC or OC since Snyder got some already</P>

I'm hoping for experience behind Eli at QB</P>

and another talent receiver in case Amani hangs them up</P>

but we'll see...</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I think we just had a great will on this team just a great group of guys. There was something special about this group. We were determined and we had great faith in ourselves. We had leaders across the board in every aspect. Everybody knew their role and their responsibility. No matter what weve been through, I think its helped that a lot of the players have been together for the last three or four years. Weve just learned to deal with adversity and learned how to overcome mistakes, a bad play or a disappointment, and put it behind us and forget about it. We just had total faith and confidence that no matter what is thrown at us, we can handle it and we can overcome it. - QB Eli Manning on his win following the teams SBXLII win

They just said that Chase was actually trying to do a heads up play with the twelve men on the field, he counted twelve, didn't know who the extra guy was, so ran off himself. </P>

That had to have been the worst most BS call I have ever seen in a football game. </P>

Sirius is now saying you can't have enough pass rushers....... I expect us to pick up a DE. Reese will find a diamond in the rough this year. Tuck was a 3rd round pick.