All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"]What a difference a championship makes. I mean I'm watching Pro Bowl coverage and listening to players who are there w/no SB rings and it's crazy how different they appear to me now. Not taking anything away from their season performances, but World Championships is all that matters in the end. So the Cowboys can have their 12 PB players and their Hollywood glitz and glam all day, none of them have a ring. And in this league nothing else matters.

Now I see why teams cherish this so much, b/c even the BEST don't get this. Which makes this team and this year even more special.[/quote]

Actually it's 13 now for the 'Boys....

But yeah, the Pro-Bowl is little more than a popularity contest with some good performance throughout the season. You don't become an NFL player for the pro-bowl and after such a big event like the SB, it's very hard to get any kind of interest in the pro-bowl, especially since the game has no meaning whatsoever....

The pro-bowl only gives you leverage during contract negotiations...

Strahan said it best when he said he's gotten every other kind of award but the SB ring is what he wanted...

[/quote]

After watching him today during his speach, I think he will stay another year, but I could very well be wrong.

Hey AG- </P>

</P>

Were you a part of this?</P>

</P>

<FONT size=2>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo</FONT></P>

</P>

Pretty funny</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Hey AG- </p>

</p>

Were you a part of this?</p>

</p>

<font size="2">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo</font></p>

</p>

Pretty funny</p>[/quote]

hahaha that's like Xmen....

It's like what I saw at the flea market... montgomery flea market

Did any of you guys get your SB gear yet?

I have the following:

SB locker room hat
    SB hooded sweatshirt
    2 long sleeve tee's (white and blue)
    2 short sleeve tee's (white and blue)
    1 small short sleeve (white for my nephew)

I will be ordering any SB DVD's that get produced...

I'm not sure about getting the official coin's, I'm not really that much into collecting
    stuff like that....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Did any of you guys get your SB gear yet?

I have the following:

SB locker room hat
    SB hooded sweatshirt

I'm not sure about getting the official coin's, I'm not really that much into collecting
    stuff like that....
    [/quote]</P>

Damn boy you went all out.</P>

It's hard hitting trying to procure GMEN stuff up here in the land of pattsies. I will order some internet stuff soon. All I have is a thewhite t-shirt the boys were wearing after the game. One for me and one for the misses. ****'s and City Sports- the two biggest sports stores up here, refuse to stock our gear. Can you say sore losers?</P>

I have the following:

SB locker room hat
    SB hooded sweatshirt

stuff like that....
    [/quote]</p>

Damn boy you went all out.</p>

It's hard hitting trying to procure GMEN stuff up here in the land of pattsies. I will order some internet stuff soon. All I have is a thewhite t-shirt the boys were wearing after the game. One for me and one for the misses. ****'s and City Sports- the two biggest sports stores up here, refuse to stock our gear. Can you say sore losers?</p>[/quote]

That's a shame, yeah here in NY you can go anywhere and get any gear.

I can see why they wouldn't stock Giants stuff up there...but I guess that's what you get for living up in Boston!!!

Don't worry, you can order the stuff, they won't be running out of them anytime soon...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

I have the following:

SB locker room hat
    SB hooded sweatshirt

stuff like that....
    [/quote]</P>

Damn boy you went all out.</P>

It's hard hitting trying to procure GMEN stuff up here in the land of pattsies. I will order some internet stuff soon. All I have is a thewhite t-shirt the boys were wearing after the game. One for me and one for the misses. ****'s and City Sports- the two biggest sports stores up here, refuse to stock our gear. Can you say sore losers?</P>

[/quote]

That's a shame, yeah here in NY you can go anywhere and get any gear.

I can see why they wouldn't stock Giants stuff up there...but I guess that's what you get for living up in Boston!!!

Don't worry, you can order the stuff, they won't be running out of them anytime soon...

[/quote]</P>

I don't see why they wouldn't stock this stuff. You might not know this, for you have never lived here, but Boston, I would bet, is a top 5 market for Giant fans. It is the same reason I am a Giant fan. My father grew up here in the 1940's, well before the 'johnny come lately' patriots joined the 'second rate AFL'. My dad said 80% of New Englanders were Giants fans and the nextclosest team was the Browns. There are still plenty of Giants fans here, but of course, there are way more bandwagon pattsie fans. Prior to the superbowl, I heard countless times over- "The Giants are my second favorite team". You are right though, there are some negatives to living up here! Oh well, my money will go to places that sell the stuff.</P>

I don't see why they wouldn't stock this stuff. You might not know this, for you have never lived here, but Boston, I would bet, is a top 5 market for Giant fans. It is the same reason I am a Giant fan. My father grew up here in the 1940's, well before the 'johnny come lately' patriots joined the 'second rate AFL'. My dad said 80% of New Englanders were Giants fans and the nextclosest team was the Browns. There are still plenty of Giants fans here, but of course, there are way more bandwagon pattsie fans. Prior to the superbowl, I heard countless times over- "The Giants are my second favorite team". You are right though, there are some negatives to living up here! Oh well, my money will go to places that sell the stuff.</p>[/quote]

Yeah that's true, I've always been aware of Giants fans up in Boston, but the thing is, there has never been any kind of rivalry between the two teams. It really is only coincendence that it is the Giants that upset the Pats.

Because the upset was so huge, it really turn the bandwagoner's really sour....so right now the area's with pockets of Giants fans have a dilemna and huge problem...

It's like having a group of friends and one day you find out that your best friend is now dating your ex-girlfriend. You spoke very highly of your best friend but you are just so shocked you become really really bitter...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

I don't see why they wouldn't stock this stuff. You might not know this, for you have never lived here, but Boston, I would bet, is a top 5 market for Giant fans. It is the same reason I am a Giant fan. My father grew up here in the 1940's, well before the 'johnny come lately' patriots joined the 'second rate AFL'. My dad said 80% of New Englanders were Giants fans and the nextclosest team was the Browns. There are still plenty of Giants fans here, but of course, there are way more bandwagon pattsie fans. Prior to the superbowl, I heard countless times over- "The Giants are my second favorite team". You are right though, there are some negatives to living up here! Oh well, my money will go to places that sell the stuff.</P>

[/quote]

Yeah that's true, I've always been aware of Giants fans up in Boston, but the thing is, there has never been any kind of rivalry between the two teams. It really is only coincendence that it is the Giants that upset the Pats.

Because the upset was so huge, it really turn the bandwagoner's really sour....so right now the area's with pockets of Giants fans have a dilemna and huge problem...

It's like having a group of friends and one day you find out that your best friend is now dating your ex-girlfriend. You spoke very highly of your best friend but you are just so shocked you become really really bitter...

[/quote]</P>

dude bitter is the word. these cats are BITTER. it's funny cause i am a big bruins and celtics fan, no where near my love for the GIANTS though, and a lot of these clowns i hear pissing and moaning are folks i cheer beside at b's and c's events. last night i wore my GIANTS hat to vote and got wailed on. i had a huge smile on my face the entire time and didn't respond to anyone. and it mad them madder! i'm loving it.</P>