Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="mjg407"]

Yeah I do see us picking up a DE in the draft... maybe 3rd to 4th round. Right now for my D line, I'm pretty solid at DT with Robbins, Coefield, and Alford, with Davis and Wright on the lineup as solid guys, but if Stray retires we will have to look at moving Kiwi back to DE with Tuck on the inside ( I don't see Kiwi being good on the inside due his lack of size) and then the question is do Tobor or Mitchell even come back? </P>

I'm still baffled why we signed Tynes for a 5 year 7 mil deal, especially in light of Josh Brown being available.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Baffled is the word for me too. 5 years? - thats the part I really don't get. I have very little confidence in Tynes, even with his clincher in GB. After you miss a couple PAT's I lose faith in ya. I will admit he hit some clutch kicks this year. But like you said a bit back, we got rid of Feeley and retained this cat. I do have faith in the GM and coaches though and obviously they know much more than I.</P>

[/quote]Yeah and it's not like he's got a strong leg. Heck he rarely gets a touchback. </P>

I love these fans who think that Ward is the next tiki. Ward will be good bait for draft picks this year. Bradshaw has emerged.</P>

What rookie has impressed you the most? </P>

For me it's got to be Steve Smith. I watched the playoffs again, and he is playing at a level that most receivers do latter in their career, not rookies who have missed 11 games. </P>

[quote user="mjg407"]Uhm is it just me, but shouldn't congress be worried about other things besides steriods in baseball and spygate? Jezebus we're at war people, the economy is going in the dumps, who gives a **** if Clemens stuck some joy juice in his ***?[/quote]</P>

I couldn't agree more. Providence had a great thread yesterday about that. Well, you might not have liked his take on what Congress should be working on( he and Ilean the opposite way of you[]) but I could not agree more. Congressmen/women were missing a busy voting day yesterday to get their licks in during this circus.</P>

By the way, my father-in-law is a moderate conservative and some of my best buds that have served this country honorably, like yourself, are moderate conservatives as well. I respect all opinions people have regarding politics, especially those who have risked their life for this country, regardless of the circumstances in which they were asked to do their job.</P>

While I'm on my soapbox and feeling a wee bit frisky: the one area I have issue with conservatives is, non-military, strong religious believers, who push their ideals on others and feel they have the right to dictate how others should live, all in the name of God or the bible. </P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

What rookie has impressed you the most? </P>

For me it's got to be Steve Smith. I watched the playoffs again, and he is playing at a level that most receivers do latter in their career, not rookies who have missed 11 games. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Man, thats a tough question. If I'm allowed- I'd have to say Smith, Bradshaw and Ross. It's too bad Smith was hurt for as long as he was, but I feel he will shine next year, lacking any serious injuries. He is the perfect phase in for an ageing Toomer.</P>

I wish Bradshaw hadn't put himself in the doghouse with that fumble, early in the year. A good combination of he and BJ, will cut down on the endurance questions of the big man. I think he will be the man and it aleiviates (I know I didn't come close to spelling that right!)some of the hindsight pain of letting Grant go.</P>

Ross, being a rookie and making the plays he did in such a clutch position really impressed me. Granted he has some work to do but I truly believe he can be an impact player in the next year or two.</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

I couldn't agree more. Providence had a great thread yesterday about that. Well, you might not have liked his take on what Congress should be working on( he and Ilean the opposite way of you[]) but I could not agree more. Congressmen/women were missing a busy voting day yesterday to get their licks in during this circus.</P>

By the way, my father-in-law is a moderate conservative and some of my best buds that have served this country honorably, like yourself, are moderate conservatives as well. I respect all opinions people have regarding politics, especially those who have risked their life for this country, regardless of the circumstances in which they were asked to do their job.</P>

While I'm on my soapbox and feeling a wee bit frisky: the one area I have issue with conservatives is, non-military, strong religious believers, who push their ideals on others and feel they have the right to dictate how others should live, all in the name of God or the bible. </P>[/quote]Well IMHO Providence is most likely either a college proffessor or some one of excess wealth. Trust me Crush, I'm very conservative on issues like the military and taxes, but the reason why I support McCain (not only because of what he did while in Vietnam) but because he is a moderate. I support the right of migrant workers to come here (Cause you won't get americans to do that work!) and I hate the religious right. I dislike any group that is the extreme, from militant homosexuals to bible thumping hypocrytes who molest small boys. I think that we need to move on from debating abortion. Against it, don't have one. Now STFU.

All-Pro

What's going on everyone?

As for Tynes getting a new deal, he did very well this season, aside from those missed PATs, although his kickoffs are short, he can still be a good kicker.

And I agree, TGAF does bother me sometimes. Too many 'Trade ____' or 'Sign ____'.
    But at least the Eli sucks threads are gone...for now.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

While I'm on my soapbox and feeling a wee bit frisky: the one area I have issue with conservatives is, non-military, strong religious believers, who push their ideals on others and feel they have the right to dictate how others should live, all in the name of God or the bible. </P>

[/quote]Well IMHO Providence is most likely either a college proffessor or some one of excess wealth. Trust me Crush, I'm very conservative on issues like the military and taxes, but the reason why I support McCain (not only because of what he did while in Vietnam) but because he is a moderate. I support the right of migrant workers to come here (Cause you won't get americans to do that work!) and I hate the religious right. I dislike any group that is the extreme, from militant homosexuals to bible thumping hypocrytes who molest small boys. I think that we need to move on from debating abortion. Against it, don't have one. Now STFU.[/quote]</P>

I know this is not the forum but I feel adults can discuss differing views, it is how we all learn about others different than ourselves. I am very happy that McCain will be the Rep. candidate. I only wish he had a different stance in regard to abortion. I couldn't be happier that Romney dropped out. I also like that McCain is very human, a bit of a canon and part wise-***. Don't get me wrong, I'll be voting for Obama if he gets the nod but I'm very glad Huckebee and Romney are done.</P>

[quote user="Chopper"]What's going on everyone?

As for Tynes getting a new deal, he did very well this season, aside from those missed PATs, although his kickoffs are short, he can still be a good kicker.

And I agree, TGAF does bother me sometimes. Too many 'Trade ____' or 'Sign ____'.
    But at least the Eli sucks threads are gone...for now.
    [/quote]</P>

What up Chopper?</P>

It's a combination of the missed PATs and some close range shanks that have me worried about him, it's not like this was his very first season kicking. I agree he could be a good kicker but I don't have the utmost faith in him. Like I said, the coaches are better at evaluating his talent than we are and I trust them. After all, we are WORLD CHAMPS!</P>

All-Pro

im lostttttttttt

[quote user="BJacobs27"]im lostttttttttt[/quote]</P>

how so?</P>