Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Yeah...it was $15.....
    I wanna buy the dvd set when it comes out...
    I still wanna get more stuff....ugh.....I still need to buy a sweatshirt........
    Hopefully I will win the megamillions lotto tonight! [:P]
    [/quote]

Don't forget to give me some of your winnings. I will be your BFF forever!!!
    [/quote]

LOL! Of course! You should play....it's 179 million or something.....
    Seriously...all I really need is like $250,000...that would make me happy

Isn't this a pretty picture:

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

LOL! Of course! You should play....it's 179 million or something.....
    Seriously...all I really need is like $250,000...that would make me happy

Isn't this a pretty picture:

[/quote]

That is a beautiful picture!!

And I agree, I don't need to win $100000 million dollars. Just give me a small amount and I can do wonders with it.....I didn't realize there was any lotto drawings....too busy watching ESPN all day...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

That is a beautiful picture!!

And I agree, I don't need to win $100000 million dollars. Just give me a small amount and I can do wonders with it.....I didn't realize there was any lotto drawings....too busy watching ESPN all day...
    [/quote]

More money...more problems!
    You should go buy a ticket! Ya never know!

I need to go make some dinner....and maybe listen to that reggae song again...lol.....
    I'll probably watch the superbowl replay for the 100th time tonight! lol
    Later! []

OFF TOPIC - BLU RAY WINS THE BATTLE...

Ok for anyone that's been on the sidelines, which has been EVERYONE, I am here to say that BluRay has beaten HD DVD.

So go ahead and buy your Blu Ray player....

As for me, I first need to stop being lazy and get an HDTV first.....

All-Pro

hey heyy

All-Pro

[quote user="BJacobs27"]hey heyy[/quote]

What's going on?

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

i suppose. those darn video games!
    [/quote]

Yeah speaking of, I MUST get Madden 09!!! The last Madden game I got had Owens on the cover....
    I don't play PS2 all that much....

I can see how winning the Superbowl can make the average fan POOR!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

I'd hold off on 09 if i were you untill you see a review that actually tells you it'll be better than 08 because 08 is rubbish! well, it's not rubbish, but it should have been way better! there's not been any major progression since maybe 06!
    [/quote]Dude, I agree totally. First off it is 50 bucks easy. Second 08 there is no new madden sound bites. Next on the Xbox (regular) there is a glitch in franchise mode that causes all of your players awareness to drop every evaluation. Next you can only use the new controller (no 05 controller) also, the AI secondary picks off half of your passes. It blows.

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

i suppose. those darn video games!
    [/quote]

Yeah speaking of, I MUST get Madden 09!!! The last Madden game I got had Owens on the cover....
    I don't play PS2 all that much....

I can see how winning the Superbowl can make the average fan POOR!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

I'd hold off on 09 if i were you untill you see a review that actually tells you it'll be better than 08 because 08 is rubbish! well, it's not rubbish, but it should have been way better! there's not been any major progression since maybe 06!
    [/quote]Dude, I agree totally. First off it is 50 bucks easy. Second 08 there is no new madden sound bites. Next on the Xbox (regular) there is a glitch in franchise mode that causes all of your players awareness to drop every evaluation. Next you can only use the new controller (no 05 controller) also, the AI secondary picks off half of your passes. It blows.[/quote]

There is so much that EA could do with this game but each year they seem to replace or not bother with certain things and i just dont understand it.

Wish list for 09 -

1) Wider
    view -
    you should be able to see the receivers while on offense
    and defense!

2) More special teams - the whole kicking game needs an overhaul, especially kickoffs where you can either kick it deep or onside, no squib kick, no surprise onside kick formations. This phase of the game has been totally neglected by EA especially when the AI automatically kicks anything from 54yds and under 99% of the time unless you adjust the slider down to nearly nothing.

3) In game stats - I just miss
    in-game season/game/situational stats, why arent they in there, they were on 07. Only a tiny piece of code to do this surely!

4) Commentary - Madden/Michaels should be on the game and not some lame radio announcer, the game is called madden after all, with the full NFL licence also they should have the FOX, CBS and ESPN comms also.

5) Stopping the clock - Sometimes I go
    out of bounds untouched, but the clock still runs. WTF!

6)
    Acrobackers - Linebackers jump and catch faster and
    better than my WRs. Sometimes I throw bad passes... but
    when a LB leaps 10 yds to intercept... WTF!

7)
    Fumbles/interceptions - Happen way wya way too often, Madden 08 will be forever known as the turnover fest! Jacobs fumbled about 4 times this season so why is he being smashed by the defense and fumbling like 3-4 times a game sometimes!? i picked McNabb off 8 times in one game, i mean 8 times!!!! Why, this is obviously a problem with the AI - why does McNabb continue to throw stupid out routes that my DBs are jumping and running back for 6 i mean run the ball!

8) Audibles Everyone wants more. Add pages
    that can be scrolled through with Left and Right triggers
    after pressing 'audible'. Then each button could have maybe 3
    plays, rather than 1.

9) Officials
    - Adding them to the field of play would be
    a nice touch of realism.

10) Challenging
    - Sometimes challenges cannot be called, though by rule they
    should be. Fix this. Also, being able to choose what I am
    challenging would be superb. AI issue again, i see plays happen that go in my favour and the AI should blatently challenge as they would obviously win but they dont!!!

12) Create a
    play/playbook!
    - why is this not in the game WHY!!!!!!! An awesome feature that just enhances the gameplay further, it simply has to be in there!

13) Bowl What happened to
    the "Super" part of this in franchise mode? The Super Bowl is
    empty... add some flavor for winning. This is probably because the whole franchise mode has gone stale as they have stripped most of the cool features, i.e. papers, radio that would give feedback about your time which is simple feature but adds more depth to the franchise mode. For the Super Bowl you should see the players/coaches celebrate and the presentation of MVP and the Lombardi trophy also!

14) Progression - On 08 it is hard to progress the players well and this whole system needs to be addressed. Training camp in pre season should be a feature as well as the player battles for positions during the pre-season in the depth chart to return also. More mini-games/training methods to boost player stats also. The weapons thing is a decent idea from 08 so if they develop on this and the training methods/progression then that will be set up well/

15) Draft - Why do players in the draft have stupid stats!? I mean i draft a corner and he has 83 speed or something stupid like that!!?? Also why is there no OLB's of any talent to be drafted until the 4th round onwards!? There is always numerous quality backers taken in the first round, why have i never seen any in the first few rounds!? The whole draft experience could be improved also, perhaps adding in some comms at least or video when they players are selected showing them with the shirt and the crowd booing or cheering!

16) Formations - i liked the ability to change up the packages you bropught into play with each formation this year but you should be able to customise this. I want to have total control over the packages rather than the depth chart dictating who is being subbed in out etc.

17) Weather - Should be a bigger influence, passing in windy/rainy stormy weather should be extremely difficult and its effect on the ball erratic and realistic basically. The field should also react accordingly as well, i.e. if its bad weather on a grass field it SHOULD get churned up and effect the speed of the players.

18) Sidelines - Make them more realistic, have players huddles around the coach after every drive as he explains something to them. Dont use the blob looking things that are standing there on the sideline in 08, in a loop performing the same actions. I mean when i see a fat blobby wierd thing on the side with #72 im thinking WTF! Put the real players on the sideline!

19) NFL Experience - Im talking about a number of things - your in Green Bay so the players should Lambeau leap after each score, the fans should have cheese heads and in all stadiums the crowd noise should reflect the status of play on the field. I want to see the banners around the stadium, signs in the crowd, the Pirate ship in Tama firing the cannons with fans celebrating around it and fans in sub zero weather with no shirts etc. Show the NFL experience and it will make the game more believeable.

20.) Player Modification - I have 1MLB, 2ROLB, 2LOLB and i draft a stud OLB with my first pick, why then cant i shift him to a MLB and fill that hole on the depth chart!? i mean i might have a good FS then two decent backups and a poor SS, why cant i make one of my FS count as my SS in the depth chart, you should be able to change the position of players like this, perhaps make it a mini game to do so infact, becuase it happens in the NFL all the time so players of similar positions should be able to switch, even if it brings their ovr down depending on their stats for whatever position it should be allowed!

Thats all i can think of for now but i know there is much more!

well said kkr.

ha ha ha, i just went back and read through the first 40 or so pages of this thread. wow, it took like 10 pages to decide if we'd even have special avatars for staff members, and I didn't even show up for the first 28 pages! we've come a long way since then! and it's been well over a year too! how cool is that?