Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]<FONT face=Arial>i'm one of those types that needs proof before i believe anything.
    </FONT>[/quote]My roomie's kind of like that. She's what is called agnostic. It means they believe something's there they just don't know what and don't think it can be understood.</P>

Me? I'm wiccan so it's all reincarnation for me.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="BJacobs27"]Anyone watching NBA? Or did Isiah ruin it for alot of people? If he did, I can suggest you watch the Suns game at 3pm.. it'll be good.[/quote]I'm a pistons fan so while I'm happy with my boys I'm sorry about Isiah. Really, he used to be a piston but I think we disowned him sometime back. I wouldn't wish him on anyone.

Hey all. Just watched the last episode of BSG. Apollo ticks me off.

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey all. Just watched the last episode of BSG. Apollo ticks me off.[/quote]

He's going over the top. Now that he is KNOWN for trying to do the right thing or go against the wind, he now does that all the time....his loyalty is to the law and he won't break it for any reason.

But if that's the case, he should have taken that report and talked to the President first before putting her on the spot..

Did you see the way she looked at him? You can tell she's thinking, "f*** me, this guy is going to really be a pain...."

Veteran

Hey all!

Im in a fantastic mood! My "soccer" team beat our most bitter local rivals 5-1 today which is a good thrashing!

Im delighted as it essentially means that they are closer to ebing relegated and that we are closer to hopefully getting into Europe!

Good times!

Veteran

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]<font face="Arial">i guess that's why they call it belief, not fact. we'll find out one day i guess!</font>
    [/quote]

We certainly will. I am not religious by any means, but my faith is still in Jesus Christ and I try and follow Him wherever He takes me. I left the Christian religion years ago because of all the crap that is teached in the "churches" today.

Religion is a complete turn off. If only people REALLY knew of Jesus' love (including the religous ones) then we would see that the Lord would NEVER torture someone "forever" and "ever." There is actually no word for "forever" in the Hebrew or Greek language.

The scripture says that Jesus is the Savior of all men and that He is the Lamb of God who, "takes AWAY the SINS of the WORLD." And also, "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord."

I used to be trenched in religion so that's why I understand your point. Just try and seek God for yourself and don't go by the crap and hypocricy that we have seen from the church (including me).

<font face="Arial">[quote user="kkr"]Hey all!

Im in a fantastic mood! My "soccer" team beat our most bitter local rivals 5-1 today which is a good thrashing!

Im delighted as it essentially means that they are closer to ebing relegated and that we are closer to hopefully getting into Europe!

Good times!
    [/quote]

i'm happy for ya kkr, i really am. just a bit disappointing that it's a scottish manager you've doomed! and james mcfadden too! never mind. well done! 5-1 is a crackin score!
    </font>

I had no idea how big of a deal it was for the Pope to come here...

His arrangement, protection and broadcast was totally premium in everywhich way.....

[quote user="rick5292"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]<font face="Arial">i guess that's why they call it belief, not fact. we'll find out one day i guess!</font>
    [/quote]

We certainly will. I am not religious by any means, but my faith is still in Jesus Christ and I try and follow Him wherever He takes me. I left the Christian religion years ago because of all the crap that is teached in the "churches" today.

Religion is a complete turn off. If only people REALLY knew of Jesus' love (including the religous ones) then we would see that the Lord would NEVER torture someone "forever" and "ever." There is actually no word for "forever" in the Hebrew or Greek language.

The scripture says that Jesus is the Savior of all men and that He is the Lamb of God who, "takes AWAY the SINS of the WORLD." And also, "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord."

I used to be trenched in religion so that's why I understand your point. Just try and seek God for yourself and don't go by the crap and hypocricy that we have seen from the church (including me).

[/quote]

Wow, I could not have said it any better myself!!!

Although I grew up Christian, for the last 10-15 years I chose to believe in my own God.
    I know there's a higher being out there, but I choose to live the "good" life and let Him select me if he feels I lived it the right way.

I don't beleive that a God that almighty, that powerful is that PETTY that he needs people to worship him and give up 10% of your salary, it all seems to cult-like....

My take on it is basically this....

At the end, will He accept me (someone that lived the good life without having it preached to me) or someone that goes to church every week and may not be good hearted....

If he chooses the guy that goes to church every week but is a punk the rest of the week, then that's a God I'm glad I didn't waste my time worshipping...

<FONT face=Verdana>I just wonder if The Pope has to wear some weird
    "Pope-jamas" to bed, or does he just wear something
    his nephew got him from JC Penny???</FONT></P>