Re: Asian giant for HC

It almost looks CGI....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

hey AG, yeah, that's HDR. basically, it's three exposures of the same shot (one over exposed, the correct exposure and one under exposed) all merged together and then tone mapped. i use a program called photomatix to do it. it can be done with one image, but it needs to be taken in the RAW format. if it's done properly, then it is a really nice effect.
    [/quote]

I wonder if that has been the secret to marketing folks the passed 30 years before everything became digital? I wonder if Photoshop has some kind of filter that can do the same effect...
    [/quote]

actually, this is the first major thing that you can do with digital that is not possible with a regular film camera. it is possible to achieve this effect in photoshop CS2 and CS3, but it still requires the 3 exposures.

here's a picture montage of the original and the HDR.

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

hey AG, yeah, that's HDR. basically, it's three exposures of the same shot (one over exposed, the correct exposure and one under exposed) all merged together and then tone mapped. i use a program called photomatix to do it. it can be done with one image, but it needs to be taken in the RAW format. if it's done properly, then it is a really nice effect.
    [/quote]

I wonder if that has been the secret to marketing folks the passed 30 years before everything became digital? I wonder if Photoshop has some kind of filter that can do the same effect...
    [/quote]

actually, this is the first major thing that you can do with digital that is not possible with a regular film camera. it is possible to achieve this effect in photoshop CS2 and CS3, but it still requires the 3 exposures.

here's a picture montage of the original and the HDR.

[/quote]

That's incredible...the clouds look so different...

Good morning all!

Speculators are saying that we will reach $200 for a barrel of oil....

well, you're probably all gonna be bored of these soon, so i'll milk it while i can. just took this one tonight.

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]well, you're probably all gonna be bored of these soon, so i'll milk it while i can. just took this one tonight.

[/quote]</P>

I can only speak for myself but you won't be boring me with shots like these. Good work buddy.</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]well, you're probably all gonna be bored of these soon, so i'll milk it while i can. just took this one tonight.

[/quote]</p>

I can only speak for myself but you won't be boring me with shots like these. Good work buddy.</p>[/quote]

well, that's nice of you to say. how are you anyway crush?

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[/quote]</P>

I can only speak for myself but you won't be boring me with shots like these. Good work buddy.</P>

[/quote]

well, that's nice of you to say. how are you anyway crush?
    [/quote]</P>

I'm well Andy, thanks for asking. I finally got a full time teaching job after a year and a half of trying. I teach emotionally disturned, under-priveledged children in Roxbury, a bad section of Boston. All of my students are in trouble with the law and we are the last step before either jail, juvie lock-up or a 45 day eval at a psychiatric ward. It is super challenging work but I am really enjoying it. Most of these kids have problems with drugs and gangs as well as horrible home lives. For me, it is hard see what a crappy hand these kids have been dealt as far as life goes, but they all need to learn that they are the one's making decisions that will dictate how their life proceeds. A topic which is tough to sell to middle school aged kids! I also accepted a full time teaching job next Fall at a middle school, boarding school, 45 mins from my house. Most of those kids have ADHD or some light form of a learning disability but it should be a cake walk compared to what I am doing now! Otherwise all is good my man. How are you? Keep it up with the killler pictures.</P>

Morning all, great pics Andy, congrats on the job Crush.