Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]on my way to work this morning......

i guess it WAS worth getting up at 5.30am!!!
    [/quote]</p>

Killer!</p>

I get up at 4:30 am and don't see anything close to this beautiful. I used to when I lived in Wyoming/Idaho, but not now in Boston!</p>

[/quote]

i think getting up at 4.30am would be the killer!!!

great news about the job though! well done! it sounds a bit like the job michelle pfeiffferererffer was doing in the movie Dangerous Minds.
    [/quote]</p>

That's funny, I never thought of that. Dangerous minds is not too far off from what I'm currently doing except Pfeiffer's character is a way better teacher than me.</p>

My biggest bummer today was finding out about one of my students home life, although the more I get involved, the more horror stories I find out about. I'm not sure howprofessional/legit this is, but by not using names and not telling you the name of my school,I will let you know about this one student and re-assess if I should be talking about this here.</p>

I have a female eighth grader who is quite large, maybe close to 250lbs. She has a large chest. I found out today, through her social worker, that her father has a crack addiction. Most nights her father puts her on the corner near her home and charges guys $2 to touch her chest. The $2 then goes towards his habit. </p>

They are in the midst of trying to catch the guy in the act and have DSS remove her from the home, which will not be easy on anyone.</p>

This is darn near par for the course for most of my student's home lives.</p>

Thank your parents for a job well done, even if you think your home life was awful. Hopefully none of you had an upbringing such as this. I actually wrote my parents a thank you note, the other day,for how they raised me and I turn 36 this year!</p>

It breaks my heart and takes a lot out of me emotionally. The gym has been my therapy and savior for staying sane!</p>

</p>[/quote]I don't know what to say. You are a great man to do what you do.[/quote]

yes, you're doing something really commendable, well done good buddy!

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[/quote]</P>

Killer!</P>

I get up at 4:30 am and don't see anything close to this beautiful. I used to when I lived in Wyoming/Idaho, but not now in Boston!</P>

[/quote]

great news about the job though! well done! it sounds a bit like the job michelle pfeiffferererffer was doing in the movie Dangerous Minds.
    [/quote]</P>

That's funny, I never thought of that. Dangerous minds is not too far off from what I'm currently doing except Pfeiffer's character is a way better teacher than me.</P>

My biggest bummer today was finding out about one of my students home life, although the more I get involved, the more horror stories I find out about. I'm not sure howprofessional/legit this is, but by not using names and not telling you the name of my school,I will let you know about this one student and re-assess if I should be talking about this here.</P>

I have a female eighth grader who is quite large, maybe close to 250lbs. She has a large chest. I found out today, through her social worker, that her father has a crack addiction. Most nights her father puts her on the corner near her home and charges guys $2 to touch her chest. The $2 then goes towards his habit. </P>

They are in the midst of trying to catch the guy in the act and have DSS remove her from the home, which will not be easy on anyone.</P>

This is darn near par for the course for most of my student's home lives.</P>

Thank your parents for a job well done, even if you think your home life was awful. Hopefully none of you had an upbringing such as this. I actually wrote my parents a thank you note, the other day,for how they raised me and I turn 36 this year!</P>

It breaks my heart and takes a lot out of me emotionally. The gym has been my therapy and savior for staying sane!</P>

</P>

[/quote]I don't know what to say. You are a great man to do what you do.[/quote]</P>

Thanks for the kind words. I am hardly great, as this was the only teaching job I could get in nearly two years of trying. Thanks for letting me vent here.</P>

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[/quote]</P>

Killer!</P>

I get up at 4:30 am and don't see anything close to this beautiful. I used to when I lived in Wyoming/Idaho, but not now in Boston!</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

That's funny, I never thought of that. Dangerous minds is not too far off from what I'm currently doing except Pfeiffer's character is a way better teacher than me.</P>

My biggest bummer today was finding out about one of my students home life, although the more I get involved, the more horror stories I find out about. I'm not sure howprofessional/legit this is, but by not using names and not telling you the name of my school,I will let you know about this one student and re-assess if I should be talking about this here.</P>

I have a female eighth grader who is quite large, maybe close to 250lbs. She has a large chest. I found out today, through her social worker, that her father has a crack addiction. Most nights her father puts her on the corner near her home and charges guys $2 to touch her chest. The $2 then goes towards his habit. </P>

They are in the midst of trying to catch the guy in the act and have DSS remove her from the home, which will not be easy on anyone.</P>

This is darn near par for the course for most of my student's home lives.</P>

Thank your parents for a job well done, even if you think your home life was awful. Hopefully none of you had an upbringing such as this. I actually wrote my parents a thank you note, the other day,for how they raised me and I turn 36 this year!</P>

It breaks my heart and takes a lot out of me emotionally. The gym has been my therapy and savior for staying sane!</P>

</P>

[/quote]I don't know what to say. You are a great man to do what you do.[/quote]

yes, you're doing something really commendable, well done good buddy!
    [/quote]</P>

Thanks bud, it means a lot.</P>

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone, have a good one !!!!</P>

just doing one of my neccesary stop-bys to say hi and wish the Staff well...</P>

Anyone think Stray stays? or Shockey? i love Mike but i think he could leave now and go out a total hero, Shockey should just sign on to the program and be a good soldier for the Jints...</P>

later all.</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Morning all. Stray should at least let everyone know what his plans are.We need shockey back, we aren't ready with the Boss, Darcy Johnson, Matthews combo right now.

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]Morning all. Stray should at least let everyone know what his plans are.We need shockey back, we aren't ready with the Boss, Darcy Johnson, Matthews combo right now.[/quote]Agreed. Now if only Thurston would understand that....

Veteran

[quote user="frutepye"][quote user="mjg407"]Morning all. Stray should at least let everyone know what his plans are.We need shockey back, we aren't ready with the Boss, Darcy Johnson, Matthews combo right now.[/quote]Agreed. Now if only Thurston would understand that....[/quote]

yeah, good luck with that!

'Thurston' and 'understand' really don't work together in a sentence... unless the word 'doesn't' is involved.

time for the daily look into my life. enjoy....

on other subjects, i thought Stray was supposed to let us know by the draft what he was doing. i really want him back. he's a great leader for the defense!

Rumor has it Tiki is getting dropped from Today show...

But you didn't hear it from me.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Rumor has it Tiki is getting dropped from Today show...

But you didn't hear it from me.
    [/quote]

Poor little Atiim.
    If it happens...oh well....he was/is pretty sucky on there to begin with........