Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="TeaMan"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Latest gas updates.

Premium is $4.80 with Regular at $4.60
    [/quote]

Gas is the least of my worries right now. Took my car in for a $15 oil change only to find I need new oil valve switch, gaskets, spark plug wires...

$300 later I'm seriously thinking about a bicycle!
    [/quote]

The U.S. isn't designed for local transportation. Just look at your neighborhoods now that don't resemble a neighborhood.

My old house was a real neighbordhood with sidewalks, a bunch of houses that were on something called BLOCKS.

Now neighborhoods are right next to commercial real estate. We are forced to drive our cars to get anything.

We went away with local design and assumed that cars would be our transportation for everything assuming that there wouldn't be any reason not to drive your car.

[/quote]

I'm probably about a 15-20 (who am i kidding, the shape i'm in it's more like 35!) minute bicycle ride from where I work which isn't bad but I'm not keen on contending with Staten Islands potholes! and with the humidity here I'd need a shower by the time I got to work. But it's getting so expensive to keep my car running the bike is starting to look like making sense

[quote user="TeaMan"]

I'm probably about a 15-20 (who am i kidding, the shape i'm in it's more like 35!) minute bicycle ride from where I work which isn't bad but I'm not keen on contending with Staten Islands potholes! and with the humidity here I'd need a shower by the time I got to work. But it's getting so expensive to keep my car running the bike is starting to look like making sense[/quote]

Yeah the news has been reporting a lot of folks in the city are biking to work.

But how can they?

1) They need to shower once they get to work. Not really possible in MOST jobs.

2) Where do they store their bikes? Again, not really possible at most jobs...

So just like your situation, even if you CAN bike to work, you don't have the infrastructure or time to shower and lock your bike up....

Veteran

I'm lucky. The bus system aroundmy area is fantastic. And the passes you can get as a student are pretty good and a helluva lot cheaper than the gas would be driving around.

Holy cow, half of CA is burning up!

[quote user="mjg407"]Holy cow, half of CA is burning up![/quote]

I wouldn't know, the news is talking too much about middle America underwater....

I dunno if I should watch the BSG finale right now online at sci fi.com......hhhmmmm

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]I dunno if I should watch the BSG finale right now online at sci fi.com......hhhmmmm
    [/quote]

Noooo why watch it on your tiny screen? Watch it tonite in all it's glory!!

By the way, if anyone knows anyone that can speak Mandarin, let me know.

I am learning it...and it's hard as heck.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]I dunno if I should watch the BSG finale right now online at sci fi.com......hhhmmmm
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn't wait! I watched it!
    But I will watched it again tonight...heehee

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]I dunno if I should watch the BSG finale right now online at sci fi.com......hhhmmmm
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn't wait! I watched it!
    But I will watched it again tonight...heehee
    [/quote]

You fool!!! Well if you're watching it again tonite, it must be good! It better!!