Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Anybody around this week?[/quote]

No it's been pretty quiet. Hence my joke about the tumbleweeds picture you posted....
    [/quote]well I'll do my obligatory post to keep this going. Well we have about a half mile vis right now with the smoke. Here's the latest....</P>

http://www.fire.ca.gov/about/downloa...Map_062308.pdf</P>

I guess I will contribute to this REDICULOUSLY large thread!

I've been here for about a year and I've never posted on here.</P>

I guess its time I give in.[]</P>

Wow, the smoke is so bad this morning, it's eerie. Maybe a 1/2 mile of visibility.

[quote user="mjg407"]Wow, the smoke is so bad this morning, it's eerie. Maybe a 1/2 mile of visibility.[/quote]

Are you sure it's not just the smog? [:P]

[quote user="CRAPHONSO"]I guess I will contribute to this REDICULOUSLY large thread![/quote]

Nothing is ridiculous if you put your mind to it. []

[quote user="Manning2Shock803"]

I've been here for about a year and I've never posted on here.</p>

I guess its time I give in.[]</p>[/quote]

Resistance is futile.

[quote user="mjg407"]Wow, the smoke is so bad this morning, it's eerie. Maybe a 1/2 mile of visibility.[/quote]

sounds pretty bad! we get hill fires over here in early spring when the farmers burn off the heather to allow grass to grow through for the sheep to eat. it's my faavourite smell in the world and it looks very impressive at night time! forunately it never really gets to a stage where it's of any danger though and it's all well contained. i just can't imagine anything on the scale you get over there.

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="mjg407"]Wow, the smoke is so bad this morning, it's eerie. Maybe a 1/2 mile of visibility.[/quote]

sounds pretty bad! we get hill fires over here in early spring when the farmers burn off the heather to allow grass to grow through for the sheep to eat. it's my faavourite smell in the world and it looks very impressive at night time! forunately it never really gets to a stage where it's of any danger though and it's all well contained. i just can't imagine anything on the scale you get over there.
    [/quote]

I'm amazed how big California is. Every year 100's of acres burn, the map always shows fires everywhere, yet every year there still seems to be more trees to burn.....it almost seems unlimited....

MJ could probably explain it better but it always seems that there's nothing left to burn....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Wow, the smoke is so bad this morning, it's eerie. Maybe a 1/2 mile of visibility.[/quote]

Are you sure it's not just the smog? [:P]
    [/quote]That's only in LA. That's like me asking how Niagra Falls is to you. We live in the nice part of Cali, not the super whacky part. It's all over the news.