Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

So has anyone else here seen the dark knight? Went and saw it yesterday morning. What a fantastic movie. Both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger should be nominated for best male lead although Ledger should definitely win it. And Gary Oldman should win for best supporting actor. His performance is far more subtle than the others' but it's still very impressive.

[quote user="frutepye"]So has anyone else here seen the dark knight? Went and saw it yesterday morning. What a fantastic movie. Both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger should be nominated for best male lead although Ledger should definitely win it. And Gary Oldman should win for best supporting actor. His performance is far more subtle than the others' but it's still very impressive.
    [/quote]

Thanks for not spoiling it for me. I have been waiting to see it on IMAX all week.

Everyday it keeps getting sold out. So today I am going to order tickets for tomorrow...

I didn't want to see it in the regular theaters since I have an IMAX down the street from me...

It's one of those movies that's worth paying the price for IMAX because this is a CLASSIC already...

Veteran

[quote user="frutepye"]So has anyone else here seen the dark knight? Went and saw it yesterday morning. What a fantastic movie. Both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger should be nominated for best male lead although Ledger should definitely win it. And Gary Oldman should win for best supporting actor. His performance is far more subtle than the others' but it's still very impressive.
    [/quote]

agree on Heath ledger and Oldman. wasn't so blown away by Christian bale this time. don't get me wrong, it is a great movie, I love how dark it is but I felt they lost a little of batmas scariness. he was more of a bruiser and less of a ninja

one thing really annoyed me. at the beginning of the movie, Batman grabs the barrel of a gun and bends it.

since when did he have super strength? the best thing about batman is that he doesn't actually have any superpowers.

other than a few minor irritations. It was awesome. Heath ledger makes Nicholson's Joker look tame!

[quote user="TeaMan"][quote user="frutepye"]So has anyone else here seen the dark knight? Went and saw it yesterday morning. What a fantastic movie. Both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger should be nominated for best male lead although Ledger should definitely win it. And Gary Oldman should win for best supporting actor. His performance is far more subtle than the others' but it's still very impressive.
    [/quote]

agree on Heath ledger and Oldman. wasn't so blown away by Christian bale this time. don't get me wrong, it is a great movie, I love how dark it is but I felt they lost a little of batmas scariness. he was more of a bruiser and less of a ninja

one thing really annoyed me. at the beginning of the movie, Batman grabs the barrel of a gun and bends it.

since when did he have super strength? the best thing about batman is that he doesn't actually have any superpowers.

other than a few minor irritations. It was awesome. Heath ledger makes Nicholson's Joker look tame!
    [/quote]Unless they are stating that he is getting some strength from the suit???? I haven't seen it yet here's the official mjg407 movies of the summer so far:</P>

Iron Man 5 stars</P>

Walle5 stars</P>

Kung Fu Panda 4 stars</P>

Get Smart4 stars</P>

Chronicles of Gnarnia II 3 stars</P>

Indiana Jones 2 stars (a real let down)</P>

Han**** negative 1 star for false advertising asa family movie and absolutely sucking</P>

<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN class=apple-style-span><FONT face=Arial color=black size=5><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Do you know what happened this week back in 1850, 158 years ago?</SPAN></FONT></SPAN><FONT face=Arial color=black size=5><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>1.</SPAN><SPAN class=apple-converted-space></SPAN> <SPAN class=apple-style-span>California</SPAN><SPAN class=apple-converted-space></SPAN><SPAN class=apple-style-span>became a state.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>2. The state had no electricity.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>3. The state had no money.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>4. Almost everyone spoke Spanish.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>5. There were gunfights in the streets.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span>So basically, it was just like</SPAN><SPAN class=apple-converted-space></SPAN> <SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1216913340_0 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dceeff">California</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN class=apple-converted-space></SPAN><SPAN class=apple-style-span>is today, except the women had realchests and the men didn't hold hands.</SPAN></SPAN></FONT><FONT color=navy><SPAN style="COLOR: navy"></SPAN></FONT></P>

[quote user="mjg407"]<p class="MsoNormal"><span class="apple-style-span"><font color="black" face="Arial" size="5"><span style="font-size: 18pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;">Do you know what happened this week back in 1850, 158 years ago?</span></font></span><font color="black" face="Arial" size="5"><span style="font-size: 18pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;">

<span class="apple-style-span">1.</span><span class="apple-converted-space"></span> <span class="apple-style-span">California</span><span class="apple-converted-space"></span><span class="apple-style-span">became a state.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">2. The state had no electricity.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">3. The state had no money.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">4. Almost everyone spoke Spanish.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">5. There were gunfights in the streets.</span>

<span class="apple-style-span">So basically, it was just like</span><span class="apple-converted-space"></span> <span class="apple-style-span"><span class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1216913340_0" style="border-bottom: 1px dashed rgb(0, 102, 204); background-color: rgb(220, 238, 255);">California</span></span><span class="apple-converted-space"></span><span class="apple-style-span">is today, except the women had realchests and the men didn't hold hands.</span></span></font><font color="navy"><span style="color: navy;"></span></font></p>[/quote]

hahaha, don't forget the governator....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Gotta love this Congress. They are proposing a $0.10 gallon RAISE in gas taxes. Yes folks a RAISE.[/quote]

Of course, someone has to pay for THEIR raises, you know, sitting on their butt doing nothing...that's hard work....
    [/quote]funny, when they were discussing this on the news, nobody from the peoples party (congress or senate) would comment. Also, it's because they use that money as a huge slush fund. Add to that people are actually now consuming less fuel, so tax revenue has gone down.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Gotta love this Congress. They are proposing a $0.10 gallon RAISE in gas taxes. Yes folks a RAISE.[/quote]

Of course, someone has to pay for THEIR raises, you know, sitting on their butt doing nothing...that's hard work....
    [/quote]funny, when they were discussing this on the news, nobody from the peoples party (congress or senate) would comment. Also, it's because they use that money as a huge slush fund. Add to that people are actually now consuming less fuel, so tax revenue has gone down.[/quote]

Isn't there a website that shows what they are all making? If not, there should be....

All-Pro

So last night, my best friend (eagles fan) and I get up the courage to drive 3.5 hours to Bethlehem, PA for Eagles Training Camp this morning at 8:45. It was the only day we go and sure enough it gets cancelled due to drizzle.... on the way back (he's driving), we get into a small car accident... I'm just glad I'm a Giants fan.

</P>

It is just a cryin' shame that love affairs can no longer be clandestine....everyone has a camera:</P>

</P>

Sarah Jessica was not enough for Matthew Broderick....Matthew had to hang with a drunk, young, red head......</P>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370168,00.html</P>

</P>

Spitzer's girl, Ashley Dupre, scores again with a married New Jersey dad....might not have gotten caught, but they chose the same hotel as Lindsey Lohan and her girlfriend Sam....</P>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390055,00.html</P>

</P>

</P>