Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]yep. Here's today's BS story[/quote]

Which way are you going with this? Support him or not?

I think if you're going to be a LT coming out of WP, you need to do your duty and serve. Not jump at a chance to play football when your fellow brothers are probably going to serve in Iraq...

Tillman would shake his head is he saw this.....

As for the policy, I don't know much about it, I'm sure he would have been able to play for the Lions if it wasn't made such a big deal, who knows, all I know is if I had the luxury of graduating from WP, I'd like to use my newly acquired skillsets somewhere that's not artificial turf....
    [/quote]here's how I feel. I think the original policy is bull. You go to WP/Annapolis, then serve your time. There are guys in the NFL today who did just that (FB from the Pats). But is complete BS to tell the guy go ahead and see if you get drafted, and then change your policy after he is drafted. It also is BS because they are making him serve two years, one as a coach at WP, and then to officer's school and then regular army.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]yep. Here's today's BS story[/quote]

I think if you're going to be a LT coming out of WP, you need to do your duty and serve. Not jump at a chance to play football when your fellow brothers are probably going to serve in Iraq...

As for the policy, I don't know much about it, I'm sure he would have been able to play for the Lions if it wasn't made such a big deal, who knows, all I know is if I had the luxury of graduating from WP, I'd like to use my newly acquired skillsets somewhere that's not artificial turf....
    [/quote]here's how I feel. I think the original policy is bull. You go to WP/Annapolis, then serve your time. There are guys in the NFL today who did just that (FB from the Pats). But is complete BS to tell the guy go ahead and see if you get drafted, and then change your policy after he is drafted. It also is BS because they are making him serve two years, one as a coach at WP, and then to officer's school and then regular army.[/quote]</P>

</P>

It is REALLY lame that they are holding him up from his dream, to do A STUPID JOB!!! If they needed him on the front lines in I or A, I could understand, but that job is really stupid....how is he defending the country????? Even doing the recruiting job, while playing NFL makes a LOT more sense than that stupid job.</P>

It is a cornerstone of the military not to make sense, however.....so surely we will not see it change in our life time.</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="n420p69"]Just got back from Oakland/San Francisco yesterday. Let me tell you it is an awesome place to visit and possibly live. Check it out if you guys can.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

San Francisco is TOTALLY awesome......however, it costs about a million dollars, for 1/2 of a studio apartment, with the bathroom facilities at the end of the hall. [:|]</P>

Kidding....but it is ungodly expensive, unless you make big time money.</P>

</P>

[/quote]I can check it out being that I live 2 hours away! [] I prefer Seattle however.[/quote]</P>

</P>

You live in heaven.....northern California and all of its beauty, and only 2 hrs from SF. 2 hrs is perfect....you can enjoy a great city, but not have to pay the high price to live there.</P>

Seattle is SWEET....but I have friends that have left because it started to get so over crowded and expensive. Plus, it is rainy and dreary, like 287 days a year and the suicide rate is horrendous, isn't it? I love those huge ferries that they use to transport everyone around.....and they are so SAFE!!! All the little school kids get on with their back packs,,,,and no crimes.</P>

</P>

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]yep. Here's today's BS story[/quote]

[/quote]here's how I feel. I think the original policy is bull. You go to WP/Annapolis, then serve your time. There are guys in the NFL today who did just that (FB from the Pats). But is complete BS to tell the guy go ahead and see if you get drafted, and then change your policy after he is drafted. It also is BS because they are making him serve two years, one as a coach at WP, and then to officer's school and then regular army.[/quote]</p>

</p>

It is REALLY lame that they are holding him up from his dream, to do A STUPID JOB!!! If they needed him on the front lines in I or A, I could understand, but that job is really stupid....how is he defending the country????? Even doing the recruiting job, while playing NFL makes a LOT more sense than that stupid job.</p>

It is a cornerstone of the military not to make sense, however.....so surely we will not see it change in our life time.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yeah that's a good point. Like I said, he probably would have been able to take part with the Lions if it wasn't made such a big deal. At this point, he should take the 2 years and do something COOL with it. Not stand on the sidelines and be some assistant coach....

Now that I think about it, they are wasting all the time and money they spent on him for him to stand on the sidelines...make him go do something and use that strategy that he learned so well from WP...

</p>

You live in heaven.....northern California and all of its beauty, and only 2 hrs from SF. 2 hrs is perfect....you can enjoy a great city, but not have to pay the high price to live there.</p>

Seattle is SWEET....but I have friends that have left because it started to get so over crowded and expensive. Plus, it is rainy and dreary, like 287 days a year and the suicide rate is horrendous, isn't it? I love those huge ferries that they use to transport everyone around.....and they are so SAFE!!! All the little school kids get on with their back packs,,,,and no crimes.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yeah I've taken that ferry, it's fun and seeing the sea lions or whatever their called just hanging around...

It's great scenary watching the city as you drift away from it...

Funny, when I was there, it was SUNNY the entire time, about 5 days worth. As soon as I had to leave, it started to rain!!!

As for San Fran, as pretty as it is, don't they have the highest number of homeless in the country?

Doesn't that kind of go against the type of people that live there and their thoughts and values?

You live in heaven.....northern California and all of its beauty, and only 2 hrs from SF. 2 hrs is perfect....you can enjoy a great city, but not have to pay the high price to live there.</P>

Seattle is SWEET....but I have friends that have left because it started to get so over crowded and expensive. Plus, it is rainy and dreary, like 287 days a year and the suicide rate is horrendous, isn't it? I love those huge ferries that they use to transport everyone around.....and they are so SAFE!!! All the little school kids get on with their back packs,,,,and no crimes.</P>

</P>[/quote]I used to live 1.5 hours north of seattle (see the trend). less rain than FL, sun set in the summer at 10pm, rose at 0430, and no snow in the winter....

Well finally after a week, I'm able to get an IMAX ticker for Batman!!

Going to see it today at 11AM!!!

Nothing like watching IMAX so early in the morning....get to enjoy the movie without
    all the brats because they are still sleeping waiting to wreak havoc at 11PM!!!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Well finally after a week, I'm able to get an IMAX ticker for Batman!!

Nothing like watching IMAX so early in the morning....get to enjoy the movie without
    all the brats because they are still sleeping waiting to wreak havoc at 11PM!!!!
    [/quote]Brats.. like as in college kids? You'll be stuck with all the Nannies and their 15 ankle biters.....[:P]

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Well finally after a week, I'm able to get an IMAX ticker for Batman!!

[/quote]Brats.. like as in college kids? You'll be stuck with all the Nannies and their 15 ankle biters.....[:P][/quote]

The mall was newly built when I was in high school so "my" generation owned that mall for awhile.
    If you know what I mean....

Of course now I don't know any of the bozo's that roam the mall anymore and let's just say, they
    are really brats. Clarkstown police dedicates a decent amount of police force late at night because
    it's known that groups of kids would gang up on innocent people and just cause mahem...

The mall is the biggest blunder in Rockland county. It once held a lot of good stores but now shops are closing fast because rent is overpriced and the mall did nothing but increase our taxes....when it was suppose to decrease taxes....

And on a side note, the mall is up for sale in less than 10 years of its existence....