Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]i think i just found a new vice. Battle star galactica. just watched my wee bro's DVD of the mini series, and i'm about to go full steam ahead into the 1st series. it's almost as good as firefly! and that's saying something!
    [/quote]

Hey Andy, welcome to the BSG crew. I am not embarrased to admit I watch this series, it's a CLASSIC. It is one of the most well done sci-fi series I have ever watched and it will not disappoint you, trust me...

There are other coaches on our staff that watch BSG but I will let them reveal themselves if they choose to....

You are not alone...watch it and enjoy it!!

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Man,</p>

Just returned from visiting a friend of the wife's and mine from Jackson, Wyoming.</p>

His family is part of this huge trust that owns a 7 mile by 2 mile private island off of Wood's Hole Mass (cape cod)</p>

UNREAL.</p>

12 family homes, all huge and built in the early 1900's. They have their own private ferry service (no cars on the island), private parking on the mainland and a full service concerige. Horseback riding, sailing, fishing, the whole nine. After some drinks last night we went out on a boat and caught a 20lb striper!!. We went right back to the house and ate freshly grilled fish at 2am!</p>

I'm tired but what an unreal experience. I ski patrolled with this guy and know him really well and had no idea his family had a spread like this. He makes me feel as a mere peasant!!!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

AWESOME!!!!! I love Cape Cod. I took the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard, with my mountain bike, and just biked around the island all day, one weekend.</p>

Real Estate on Martha's Vineyard is like real estate in Hawaii. Some little shanty that looks like a dump, is called "island living" and sells for a ton!!!!</p>

Your friend's place sounds like a DREAM!!!!!......what is that quote about, you do not need a lot of money.....you just need to have friends, who have a lot of money???!!!</p>

Glad you had a great time!</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

I'm jealous, that sounds like a great way to live...

Most people will never get the chance to live that way so the next best thing is to have friends like that!

Did you take pictures?

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

Man,</P>

Just returned from visiting a friend of the wife's and mine from Jackson, Wyoming.</P>

His family is part of this huge trust that owns a 7 mile by 2 mile private island off of Wood's Hole Mass (cape cod)</P>

UNREAL.</P>

12 family homes, all huge and built in the early 1900's. They have their own private ferry service (no cars on the island), private parking on the mainland and a full service concerige. Horseback riding, sailing, fishing, the whole nine. After some drinks last night we went out on a boat and caught a 20lb striper!!. We went right back to the house and ate freshly grilled fish at 2am!</P>

I'm tired but what an unreal experience. I ski patrolled with this guy and know him really well and had no idea his family had a spread like this. He makes me feel as a mere peasant!!!!</P>

[/quote] Is your friends family adopting, by any chance??[] </P>

Nothing like freshly grilled striper..my mouth is watering.lol...still havnt caught a keeper this year...[]</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]i think i just found a new vice. Battle star galactica. just watched my wee bro's DVD of the mini series, and i'm about to go full steam ahead into the 1st series. it's almost as good as firefly! and that's saying something!
    [/quote]

Hey Andy, welcome to the BSG crew. I am not embarrased to admit I watch this series, it's a CLASSIC. It is one of the most well done sci-fi series I have ever watched and it will not disappoint you, trust me...

There are other coaches on our staff that watch BSG but I will let them reveal themselves if they choose to....

You are not alone...watch it and enjoy it!!
    [/quote]eh, the past two seasons have been a real let down.

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Did you hear about this?

It's like a scene from Twilight Zone...

[/quote]

Whoa
    [/quote]video now</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU7kIqC9XEo</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

AWESOME vid......you always get the best finds.</P>

Too bad they did not show the cabin, when that big bird landed.....those folks must have been cheering their heads off....because they are all saying now on the news, that they thought they were a gonner.......</P>

Mom and dad story with no oxygen mask for their kid.....that will not "fly" well....</P>

Boeing is going to bite the dust on this one.....me thinks.</P>

</P>

[/quote]Eh, IMHO boeing will be fine. The airplane made it through no lives lost. Most likely a maintenance issue on an aging airframe. (O2 bottle exploded is what I've heard).[/quote]</P>

</P>

That was what I heard, as well.....O2 tank exploded.</P>

I am sure that you are right about Boeing......however, reading thru' the comments section, after the vid, there is a lot of anger about 747's, Quantas and Boeing. They will need their PR spin team cranking it up for awhile, I would suspect....</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Not a good week for Quatas.....now they were forced to make an emergency landing, after a door opened up, mid-flight to Melbourne......</P>

Hope nobody is planning to fly Quatas in the near future!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

Sorry......just noticed, I keep spelling it wrong....I meant Qantas. [:$]</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas_fatal_accidents[/quote]</P>

</P>

[Y]........lol, you sure are QUICK with those facts!!!</P>

</P>

</P>