Re: Asian giant for HC

</P>

Thought this was pretty gross....but now they keep talking about it on the news:</P>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395313,00.html</P>

Aren't you glad that you were not on that bus.....those people will never get that nightmare out of their heads.....HAS to be one of the WORST possible ways to die.....eek!!!!</P>

</P>

Yo- whats up all?</P>

</P>

Buh Bye Manny.</P>

The peoples republic is in bad shape (that is of CA). They can't get the budget signed. The governator had to sign an executive order lowering all non public safety employees to the federal minimum wage. I've never paid so much tax in my life as here and nothing to show for it. </P>

State Income tax, sales tax, luxury tax on my airplane, property tax, and disability tax. </P>

Compare to FL, only paid sales tax.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

The peoples republic is in bad shape (that is of CA). They can't get the budget signed. The governator had to sign an executive order lowering all non public safety employees to the federal minimum wage. I've never paid so much tax in my life as here and nothing to show for it. </p>

State Income tax, sales tax, luxury tax on my airplane, property tax, and disability tax. </p>

Compare to FL, only paid sales tax.</p>[/quote]

Yeah CA is really messed up. Someone knows where that money is going....

I think FL and Oregon you don't pay income tax right?

check your inbox MJ.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

The peoples republic is in bad shape (that is of CA). They can't get the budget signed. The governator had to sign an executive order lowering all non public safety employees to the federal minimum wage. I've never paid so much tax in my life as here and nothing to show for it. </P>

State Income tax, sales tax, luxury tax on my airplane, property tax, and disability tax. </P>

Compare to FL, only paid sales tax.</P>

[/quote]

Yeah CA is really messed up. Someone knows where that money is going....

I think FL and Oregon you don't pay income tax right?
    [/quote]WA too. I just look at the tax I pay, so probally a couple thousand in sales tax, 4K in property tax, a $500 supplemental in tax for the airplane, and then 6-7K in income tax to the state. But meanwhile, they are having to cut back on the schools around here. </P>

Although I heard that 6.5 million people in CA are on Medi-Cal, which is the states version of Medicare.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

WA too. I just look at the tax I pay, so probally a couple thousand in sales tax, 4K in property tax, a $500 supplemental in tax for the airplane, and then 6-7K in income tax to the state. But meanwhile, they are having to cut back on the schools around here. </p>

Although I heard that 6.5 million people in CA are on Medi-Cal, which is the states version of Medicare.</p>[/quote]

I know someone that lives near Bill Gates in Seattle in a million dollar home and he pays pennies for property tax. I'm not sure exactly how it all works if they don't even have income tax. Where are they getting the money?

$4K in property tax is a good deal. In Rockland if you own a typical ranch, you are looking at roughly $10,000 - $13,000 for property tax. We don't have luxury tax here but that doesn't mean much. I know CT has luxury tax.

You can rant to your local congress man and anyone else in office but they are probably too busy on vacation to answer your call...[:$]

WA too. I just look at the tax I pay, so probally a couple thousand in sales tax, 4K in property tax, a $500 supplemental in tax for the airplane, and then 6-7K in income tax to the state. But meanwhile, they are having to cut back on the schools around here. </P>

Although I heard that 6.5 million people in CA are on Medi-Cal, which is the states version of Medicare.</P>[/quote]

I know someone that lives near Bill Gates in Seattle in a million dollar home and he pays pennies for property tax. I'm not sure exactly how it all works if they don't even have income tax. Where are they getting the money?

$4K in property tax is a good deal. In Rockland if you own a typical ranch, you are looking at roughly $10,000 - $13,000 for property tax. We don't have luxury tax here but that doesn't mean much. I know CT has luxury tax.

You can rant to your local congress man and anyone else in office but they are probably too busy on vacation to answer your call...[:$]

[/quote]lol. Maybe the property values in Rockland are a lot more? It's not really a luxury tax on the airplane, its some use tax.

[quote user="mjg407"]

lol. Maybe the property values in Rockland are a lot more? It's not really a luxury tax on the airplane, its some use tax.[/quote]

The tri-state area is over rated. Of course that helps my condo value but I still laugh at what my own place is worth since I would never pay what I would be asking for!!! It also didn't help that the housing bubble didn't have much effect on us at all....prices went up, but not much went down...

lol. Maybe the property values in Rockland are a lot more? It's not really a luxury tax on the airplane, its some use tax.[/quote]

The tri-state area is over rated. Of course that helps my condo value but I still laugh at what my own place is worth since I would never pay what I would be asking for!!! It also didn't help that the housing bubble didn't have much effect on us at all....prices went up, but not much went down...
    [/quote]It's almost like the housing bubble is a bit of a myth. It really only hurt the midrange homes, high end are still high end. The mortgages defaulted on were more or lessmid to low level housing.</P>

They closed the NY style pizza place here due to the economy. Crazy.</P>