Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

Georgia = US Ally in GWOT</p>

Russia = Not an US ally</p>

Problem is that Georgia kind of brought the pain down on themselves, so they aren't entirely innocent. </p>[/quote]

I heard that Georgia may have started it, I don't know the exact details though.

In any case, it will be very interesting to see what happens. If Russia and US ever go to war with each other, America's military strength is unbelievably far superior....

I'd like to see their old rusted Mig's go up against our Raptor's....

Ok, I did some research, so apparently Georgia did start this aggression and killed some Russian peacekeepers so that's not cool.

Perhaps their plan was to start this little war, and get help from big brother. (the U.S. and other allies)

Georgia's president has been a bit of a hot head. His peveed off some of the Europeans. In terms of Russia's military superiority, look up SU-30 and Mig 31. Their Air to Air missles are really good. They have come a long way in technology.

[quote user="mjg407"]Georgia's president has been a bit of a hot head. His peveed off some of the Europeans. In terms of Russia's military superiority, look up SU-30 and Mig 31. Their Air to Air missles are really good. They have come a long way in technology.[/quote]

Will do. I'm always interested in what other countries have. Like China? How good is their military if they really had to go to war?

Anyways I'm a bit brainwashed because of History Channel and other TV shows that showoff the intelligence of our current military hardware so it's hard to believe Russia or anyone else can build anything comparable......

Who builds Russia's weapons?

We have lockheed, northrup gruman, boeing etc....who do they have?

Ok so the MIG 31 was developed in the 70's??

I still don't see how anything built in the 70's or 80's, even 90's by Russia could compare to our F-22?

Here's what I found someone saying on some other board...

"Given that the only weapon an in-service MiG-31 is going to fire at an
    F/A-22 is probably the R-33, there's little to no chance, unless the
    Raptor pilot is asleep. The MiG-31 has to maintain a radar lock on the
    Raptor in order for the semi-active R-33 to guide to the target. Not a
    smart way to go about things. The Raptor pilot will certainly be aware
    of a radar signal constantly painting his aircraft. All he has to do is
    activate ECM and move away for a re-attack from a favorable angle.
    Plus, the R-33 isn't the most maneuverable missile in the
    world-aircraft like the Raptor were not it's intended target.

Now let's say that a MiG-31 does acquire the F/A-22 first using it's
    IRST. The F/A-22 can be supercruising through an area or something. Now
    the only weapon the F/A-22 has to be worried about in this case is the
    R-40TD. Now, midcourse command guidance for this weapon means that the
    MiG-31 has to be using the radar, and therefore alerting the F/A-22 to
    it's presence. Otherwise, the MiG-31 has to get within range to lock
    the seeker onto the F/A-22, and in that case, he'll definitely be
    within Raptor radar range.

The MiG-31 is a great airplane at what it does. But looking at this
    objectively, there is no reason to believe that a duel between a MiG-31
    and an F/A-22 would be remotely fair."

All-Pro

This thread should be renamed AG for Yankees manager.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Georgia's president has been a bit of a hot head. His peveed off some of the Europeans. In terms of Russia's military superiority, look up SU-30 and Mig 31. Their Air to Air missles are really good. They have come a long way in technology.[/quote]

Will do. I'm always interested in what other countries have. Like China? How good is their military if they really had to go to war?

Anyways I'm a bit brainwashed because of History Channel and other TV shows that showoff the intelligence of our current military hardware so it's hard to believe Russia or anyone else can build anything comparable......

Who builds Russia's weapons?

We have lockheed, northrup gruman, boeing etc....who do they have?
    [/quote]Mikyoan (MIG) Sukhoi (SU). China... not much technology... but ask yourself who had the technological edge in WWII? US or Germany? Who had the numbers...... China has some modern equipment SU-30s, the sovermeny destroyer is one of the best in the world, the russian built Kilo subs are good. China just does not currently have the ability to project power beyond its shores.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Here's what I found someone saying on some other board...

"Given that the only weapon an in-service MiG-31 is going to fire at an F/A-22 is probably the R-33, there's little to no chance, unless the Raptor pilot is asleep. The MiG-31 has to maintain a radar lock on the Raptor in order for the semi-active R-33 to guide to the target. Not a smart way to go about things. The Raptor pilot will certainly be aware of a radar signal constantly painting his aircraft. All he has to do is activate ECM and move away for a re-attack from a favorable angle. Plus, the R-33 isn't the most maneuverable missile in the world-aircraft like the Raptor were not it's intended target.

Now let's say that a MiG-31 does acquire the F/A-22 first using it's IRST. The F/A-22 can be supercruising through an area or something. Now the only weapon the F/A-22 has to be worried about in this case is the R-40TD. Now, midcourse command guidance for this weapon means that the MiG-31 has to be using the radar, and therefore alerting the F/A-22 to it's presence. Otherwise, the MiG-31 has to get within range to lock the seeker onto the F/A-22, and in that case, he'll definitely be within Raptor radar range.

The MiG-31 is a great airplane at what it does. But looking at this objectively, there is no reason to believe that a duel between a MiG-31 and an F/A-22 would be remotely fair."

[/quote]How many Raptors does the USAF have? The MiG 31 isn't their top fighter the SU-33/35 is. They also have 450 of them.....

All-Pro

Know what I don't get is how we are all over Russia for invading Georgia when we invaded Iraq for zero reason as well. Talk about hypocrites.