oh, and he's a yankees fan... figures</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

SUPER creepy</P>

Re: Asian giant for HC

</P>

</P>

</P>

SWEET!!!!!!!!.......they finally bring home the GOLD bling for the USA!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

what happened to the being able to see who had the most posts?

[quote user="mjg407"]what happened to the being able to see who had the most posts?[/quote]</P>

I can't believe you wasted post number 9999 on this one []</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

I did and your opinion helped form my decision to want to buy the car. Then reality set in and I found out my buddy wanted to sell the car and his wife did not think it was a good idea[]. Oh well.</p>

I am in the midst of trying to sell my V8 truck so I don't take it in the shorts as a trade in. They are only offering me 1,000 for a trade in, while kelly blue book says it is worth 5-6 for a trade in. Dealers are saying that they are losing their shirt on trucks and suvs and from what i am researching, it is true.</p>

I have it listed on craigslist for 2500 and am getting good response, but also hearing from every wing nut out there!</p>

I am now looking at honda accords and nissan altimas. i hope to have a car by the end of next week.</p>

what did ya get at the health food store?</p>[/quote]

That's a shame. Yeah, the wife usually has the last say... [:P]

It is true, dealers really don't want V8's or even gas guzzling V6's.....so they pretty much low ball their offer just to tell you how bad it really is out there. Gas prices are starting to come down a bit but it won't ever get back to normalcy....

I am learning more about things that kill you that we are putting into our mouths like hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup.

I don't think I will ever be able to remove these types of foods from my diet but the more I can the better. For example, I bought organic ketchup from Heinz that does not contain HFCS.

And I have avoided anything with HFCS or hydrogenated oils the last month or so....

Beer has HFCS in it so I drink it sparingly.....

[quote user="mjg407"]what happened to the being able to see who had the most posts?[/quote]

You hit 10K, nice job!!!!

It should still be there let me see....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]what happened to the being able to see who had the most posts?[/quote]

You hit 10K, nice job!!!!

It should still be there let me see....
    [/quote]

Oh wow! It's gone....let me find out who might have removed it......

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

</p>

</p>

SWEET!!!!!!!!.......they finally bring home the GOLD bling for the USA!!!!</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

She says that her coach is like a second father to her.....

[quote user="mjg407"]

creepy....</p>

</p>

oh, and he's a yankees fan... figures</p>

</p>[/quote]

EWWWW, is that guy kissing him or does it just look that way...

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

I am surprised that they were in a Porsche. Nastia's parents both came from Russia, they (like Shawn's coach from China) built their gym with their own hands. I would not think that gym's bring in a boatload of $$$$. </p>

If they had a Porsche, I bet anything it was bought from some kind of endorsement money that Nastia received. (Just like Michael Phelps.......a single mom with 3 kids??? they had NO money....but now that Michael has endorsement money, big time, I think that he shares the wealth with his family...and I hope, with his coach!!!)</p>

Nastia's parents absolutely did NOT want Nastia to become a gymnast.....they were both gymnasts and they thought the life was too hard, and they wanted something better and easier for their daughter. But then, they showed the video of Nastia walking into the gym, when she was like 3 yrs old or something......doing these flips and stuff, automatically. So they figured Nastia's destiny was out of their control.....Nastia loved gymnastics, and they figured it was genetics!!!!!</p>

Nastia's dad showed some BIG TIME class, after Shawn won gold on the bar. He said it was fair and square, and now Shawn and Nastia (who were roomates) both had a gold individual medal. That was very generous of him to say that, I thought, because, his daughter, Nastia, was PERFECT gorgeous on that bar. </p>

Nastia's dad was probably being respectful to Shawn's coach, as well. One from Russia, one from China....they both used their own human labor to build their own gyms in the United States....so both of those coaches had a lot of admiration for the hard work that each had done...I would imagine.</p>

Now that you mention it.....Nastia kind of has that affect like all the Russian girl gymnasts. They are always stoic and serious. But, it might just be nerves like you said....Nastia's mom could not even stay in the building to watch Nastia....and then when the "Today" show put her on the hot seat for it....she showed up for the next event, and she was a WRECK....crawlin' all over the poor guy sittin' next to her.</p>

It would not surprise me if Nastia was a bit of a snob.....but, with all of those cameras in their face every 5 minutes, and their picture everywhere.....it might be easy for their ego's to get out of whack.</p>

BTW......by accident, I saw Bela Karolyi and his wife's (the USA coach) gymnastics web site. I was impressed with how UNpretentious it was....so that it can be more affordable for more kids, I guess. I saw their website, and they actually have a camp in Texas. They not only have the gym and equipment, but they have the kids swim in a lake, ride camels, play in the woods.....it was real "down home"........not "flashy" like Bela Karolyi always seems to act....</p>

</p>[/quote]

Ok so I did a little research and Nastia and her family are MUCH better and well off than Shawn. Not that there's anything wrong with that. They have 3 facilities in Plano, Dallas and Frisco. I'm sure they are making quite a bit from that.....but again, that's capitalism and nothing wrong with that.

I wonder if Shawn's coach is going to have a much better facility after this Olympics. I'm sure he will be running into money!!!

I'm sure there won't be anymore mortgages on their house!!!

They both handle the camera's and media with class, both them, their coaches and accept whatever medal or no medal they get. When one is brought up with money, it shapes you and there's really nothing you can do about it. It kinda seems like she's going there and expecting to win medals while Shawn's just happy to be there...that's all...

I looked up Bela Karolyi and you are right! It looks almost horrible!!! LOL...

Even scammers have more professional websites....but I suppose it gets their point across since they care more about what they do, and not spending thousands on a website.
    Sometimes I like that....

I'm not sure if Nastia will be back for London, she will be 24 but that is very doable....I think she should give it a shot. Shawn should be able to do 2 more Olympics if she really feels like it..