Re: Asian Giant for HC

MJ, what size is your TV?

This is my 4-5th year I've been without an HDTV and I think I am going to stop being cheap
    and just buy one already. Like today!!!

42" should do the job for my bedroom. I want to eventually get a 55" - 60" for the living room.

But I can pickup some cheap 42" Sony Bravia's at the local Sears because some people returned them
    and Samsung....so they are roughyl $500 off the regular price....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]MJ, what size is your TV?

This is my 4-5th year I've been without an HDTV and I think I am going to stop being cheap

42" should do the job for my bedroom. I want to eventually get a 55" - 60" for the living room.

But I can pickup some cheap 42" Sony Bravia's at the local Sears because some people returned them
    [/quote]LG 50"

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]MJ, what size is your TV?

[/quote]LG 50"[/quote]

Thanks, how do you like your LG?

And do you think it was worth getting an HDTV? I've been using the same 27" Sony Trinitron I bought 12 years ago. The thing is a beast and just won't die....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

And do you think it was worth getting an HDTV? I've been using the same 27" Sony Trinitron I bought 12 years ago. The thing is a beast and just won't die....
    [/quote]I like it, but it all depends on what you are watching. Our local channels suck, I mean they really suck, they aren't HD, nor are they anything close to being crisp, so on the bigger TV it looks crappy. It also depends on the HD programming. Some shows look really cool, others look grainy. My 27 hides a lot of defects in programming. I would assume that in Rockland you probably have the local stations in HD?

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]I like it, but it all depends on what you are watching. Our local channels suck, I mean they really suck, they aren't HD, nor are they anything close to being crisp, so on the bigger TV it looks crappy. It also depends on the HD programming. Some shows look really cool, others look grainy. My 27 hides a lot of defects in programming. I would assume that in Rockland you probably have the local stations in HD?[/quote]

True, good points..

Yeah in Rockland we have about 100 HD channels to choose from. All our local news is in HD.

ABC HD, CBS HD, FOX HD and NBC HD.

I'm not sure if the cable versions are in HD, I'm assuming they are. I don't know if Foxnews is in HD though? I think MSNBC and CNN are in HD.....do you have Foxnews in HD?

I'm going to run out now to see what I can get....I definitely want to watch Bluray though, that would look really nice....

But the reason I want to get it is for YESHD and to watch Giants in HD. I am pretty dumb, I should have bought the TV 2 weeks ago so I could watch the Olympics in HD....

Foxnews doesn't have an HD version yet. Direct TV gives you a bunch of channels in HD. However ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC all are non-HD local crappy networks here. So the SB was not in HD. NFLN is HD however. Then all of your educational channels (Discovery, TLC, AP, etc) all have HD versions, and so does TBS/Spike etc.

[quote user="mjg407"]Foxnews doesn't have an HD version yet. Direct TV gives you a bunch of channels in HD. However ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC all are non-HD local crappy networks here. So the SB was not in HD. NFLN is HD however. Then all of your educational channels (Discovery, TLC, AP, etc) all have HD versions, and so does TBS/Spike etc.[/quote]

Yeah unfortunately my cable company doesn't have NFLN because both sides of the table are greedy.

Sorry to interupt the tv talk, but it looks like Kiwi will be putting his hand down this year.

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]Sorry to interupt the tv talk, but it looks like Kiwi will be putting his hand down this year.[/quote]

good choice.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]Sorry to interupt the tv talk, but it looks like Kiwi will be putting his hand down this year.[/quote]

good choice.
    [/quote]</P>

i agree</P>

tuck is on nfl live right now.</P>

that cat looks like he is wearing his pads under his skin!</P>

what a beast.</P>