Re: Asian giant for HC

For naughty little republican boys?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]HK,

Is it true that you cannot send TXT messages with the iPhone?

[/quote]</P>

</P>

NO WAY!!!! I send TXT all the time....even tho' I am slower than a turtle at TXT.</P>

PLUS the iPhone text is so convenient!!! Like I said, the MINUTE any USA athlete won a medal in Beijing.....NBC had a TXT to me, telling me the news.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Well, I will need to look into this further than because people were telling me TXT messages weren't possible for some reason??

If it can do what I want it to do, I might bite the bullet and get the new iPHone because it's got the iPod built into it...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Plus, iPhone gives you free songs all the time. I am not an expert on the iPod tho'.... everybody in the family laughs because I do not have a trillion songs on my iPhone....[]</P>

If there is ANY way possible, get the iPhone from an Apple store, NOT AT&amp;T. There are VERY few Apple stores, but believe it is worth it. Those guys bend over backwards to help you with that phone set up.....they even give you a blank journal to write your stuff in, if you have questions.</P>

Everything is high class and sleak......limited paperwork and junk. Just the stuff you need. Funny story, they keep that store so spotless, that I put my Starbucks down, and it was gone in a heartbeat. I went back to Starbucks to buy another coffee, and they said, "Ah, so Apple has done it again!" They gave me another coffee, and refused to take any money for it!</P>

AT&amp;T is a TOTAL dichotomy. I was at the AT&amp;T store recently with my laptop, because the guys were helping me with my new aircard for my HP. They were really nice, and they were trying to help me save a ton of money, by cheating and getting an air card a lot cheaper.....but you had to jump threw 15 hoops and drive to 3 diff places...so I was like, forget that, just let me buy the %$#@&amp; card here.</P>

Anyway, while they were helping me with my HP.....3 customers came in and bought the new iPhone. They gave them their money, they got the phone and BOOM.....they were gone! I could NOT believe it. Such a DIFF from Apple.</P>

Long story longer, there is another point that you made that I wanted to mention. When I got my iPhone, I gave my Palm Treoto my little niece, and then took her off of my sister in laws plan, and put her on my plan so that she could make more calls free and have unlimited text. I think that my neice had Verizon...but it might have been Sprint??? If I remember correctly tho' she had Verizon, and her brother had Sprint. Anyway......point is, DON'T worry about converting over. AT&amp;T went the extra mile BIG TIME so that my niece would not lose ANYTHING on her phone, she kept the SAME number, and it all got converted perfectly to the Palm Treo.</P>

Sorry this is so long.....eeeeeeeeek!!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

What up folks?
    I am proctoring a study hall right now. Finally get paid to be on here!

[quote user="mjg407"]Shortly it will be September 11th. Let us all remember all those who perished 7 years ago. God bless America.[/quote]</P>

</P>

It still makes me cry, thinking about all of the wonderful stories of folks helping out other folks, during such a horrible part of our country's history.</P>

I like seeing McCain and Obama hugging at Ground Zero today.</P>

McCain, Palin and Biden now will all have sons in Iraq.</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="mjg407"]Shortly it will be September 11th. Let us all remember all those who perished 7 years ago. God bless America.[/quote]</p>

</p>

It still makes me cry, thinking about all of the wonderful stories of folks helping out other folks, during such a horrible part of our country's history.</p>

I like seeing McCain and Obama hugging at Ground Zero today.</p>

McCain, Palin and Biden now will all have sons in Iraq.</p>

</p>

I brought it up and we spoke about it in all four of my history classes today. I got some great responses from my eighth graders
    </p>

I lost two friends at the world trade center
    </p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

anybody around?

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]What up folks?
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about you. Brian Williams had this incredible guy on Nightly News. He is retired and he set up a program, donating $14 million to kids education.</P>

Eli said, "I don't want to be retired and just play golf, I want to help with education."</P>

So he hired retired military and business leaders and set up a 10 month program to teach them to be superintentants in schools.....it was awesome.</P>

Eli said that no matter how many great teachers you have, if you don't have someone at the top running things well, it will not work."</P>

I wish that I could find a link....but I can't on NBC, MSNBC......%$#@&amp;</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about you. Brian Williams had this incredible guy on Nightly News. He is retired and he set up a program, donating $14 million to kids education.</P>

Eli said, "I don't want to be retired and just play golf, I want to help with education."</P>

So he hired retired military and business leaders and set up a 10 month program to teach them to be superintentants in schools.....it was awesome.</P>

Eli said that no matter how many great teachers you have, if you don't have someone at the top running things well, it will not work."</P>

I wish that I could find a link....but I can't on NBC, MSNBC......%$#@&amp;</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

oops....forgot to say, his name was like Eli Brougg.....something like that,</P>

</P>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about you. Brian Williams had this incredible guy on Nightly News. He is retired and he set up a program, donating $14 million to kids education.</p>

Eli said, "I don't want to be retired and just play golf, I want to help with education."</p>

So he hired retired military and business leaders and set up a 10 month program to teach them to be superintentants in schools.....it was awesome.</p>

Eli said that no matter how many great teachers you have, if you don't have someone at the top running things well, it will not work."</p>

I wish that I could find a link....but I can't on NBC, MSNBC......%$#@&amp;</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]
    That's cool, I would love to check that out. Maybe I'll snoop around. That is the direction I am heading, though superintendent would be a lofty reach for me. If I end up a principle, I would be psyched! My kids right now are bouncing off the walls! At least I'll get to play hoops and dodgeball with them before they go to bed. I'll tell ya- this boarding school thing is so different from working with the at risk kids!

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Perfect timing. I was just thinking about you. Brian Williams had this incredible guy on Nightly News. He is retired and he set up a program, donating $14 million to kids education.</p>

Eli said, "I don't want to be retired and just play golf, I want to help with education."</p>

So he hired retired military and business leaders and set up a 10 month program to teach them to be superintentants in schools.....it was awesome.</p>

Eli said that no matter how many great teachers you have, if you don't have someone at the top running things well, it will not work."</p>

I wish that I could find a link....but I can't on NBC, MSNBC......%$#@&amp;</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

oops....forgot to say, his name was like Eli Brougg.....something like that,</p>

</p>[/quote]

cool. i'll look him up. thanks