Re: Asian giant for HC

</P>

Jessica Simpson was just on Letterman......she is soooooo dumb, it is painful to watch. I admire Dave for even having her on. She ended up saying that football players do not wear cups for protection, but she thinks that they wear jock straps????!!!! [|-)][|-)][|-)]</P>

Then when she sang her new song, to sell her CD's, it was another.....[|-)][|-)][|-)]</P>

</P>

[quote user="n420p69"]AG do you fix computers btw? I got the new HP which works fantastic btw but I was wondering if maybe I can get the old Dell fixed and maybe give it to my cuz, or keep it to DL music, etc. If you do PM me. Either way I am back nice to see you guys survived without me [:P][/quote]</P>

</P>

We barely made it......glad that you are back!</P>

If you do not give your Dell away, Costco will buy it from you. They are giving me $240.00 for my Toshiba. They send you an envelope/packing, you send it in, and they send you a check.</P>

I don't think that you even need to be a member. Just go to Costco.com....to the computer section....to the recycle computer section, and then type in the model and make and they will tell you how much $$$$ they will give you.</P>

</P>

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="n420p69"]AG do you fix computers btw? I got the new HP which works fantastic btw but I was wondering if maybe I can get the old Dell fixed and maybe give it to my cuz, or keep it to DL music, etc. If you do PM me. Either way I am back nice to see you guys survived without me [:P][/quote]</P>

</P>

We barely made it......glad that you are back!</P>

If you do not give your Dell away, Costco will buy it from you. They are giving me $240.00 for my Toshiba. They send you an envelope/packing, you send it in, and they send you a check.</P>

I don't think that you even need to be a member. Just go to Costco.com....to the computer section....to the recycle computer section, and then type in the model and make and they will tell you how much $$$$ they will give you.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Here ya go:</P>

http://www.costco.com/Common/Categor...=BC&amp;topnav=</P>

</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

IMHO people who sell a BENZ or BMW are usually high class and have taken excellent care of the car. (except maybe NFL/MLB players who trash their cars, because they are stupid.)</P>

My best friend and mentor in San Diego bought a used BMW, that was a beautiful car, but it had a TON of miles on it......did not matter. The owner had taken GREAT care of the car....and so she drove it FOREVER! Finally when the car bit the dust, somebody STILL bought it, and she got a great price for it!!!!</P>

Her son owns a towing company in San Diego, and they routinely get cars that are never picked up, and then they sell them at auction. Her son said that the NFL/MLB players are notorious for giving up their beautiful luxury cars, because they do not have a CLUE how to manage life, and function off of the field.</P>

Her son now gave her a Cadillac to replace her BMW...and she hates it. Too big and she does not have the "control" that she had with her BMW. (it was not an automatic, which she really liked)</P>

I'll be back....gotta get some work done. []</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Auto or manual, BMW's are the best cars for the road hands down. When you go from BMW to eeeek, Cadillac? You are stepping down big time from a handling standpoint...and I'm sure quality too...

I don't even want to talk about athletes, most of them don't care about any valuable items at all....but it is them that keeps our economy going and company's like BMW, Tiffany and other high end stores up and running....they know that athletes and celebs are pretty dumb and they prey on them...and I say good for them, might as well....

I've been driving the same car for 8 years that I bought brand new. Chances are I will most likely keep it and just get another car as my daily driver because it's not worth selling my car now, it works perfectly and it's mint condition but the KBB doesn't say it's worth much....

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Forget the KBB....if it is in mint condition, you can still make great money, if you sell it on your own. You would be shocked at how many people want a car that is in mint condition.</P>

I did not have the courage to sell mine on my own, because I don't want any pervs coming to my house.</P>

I'll tell you how I got a great price for my car tomorrow.....I am dead.....good night!</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="Markroman"]

I have studied alot of Russian history in my youth (I am Ukrainian)...Russia does not hate the west or wants to go to the war with west...Russia acts the way it does over fear of the west and it is well founded.</P>

Russia is the most invaded country (or close to it) in European history...in Russian culture this creates a profound fear of anything around its borders. This is why Russia tries to expand its borders...to create buffer zones between itself and its invaders...(usually Germany).</P>

During WW2, Russia lost 30 million people....(I think I have this right)...think about what that number represents...it is astonishing.</P>

So while tough love is a good approach with Russia...all Russia wants is its own protection.</P>

Having said that...sabre rattling from a yahoo American...just feeds their fears.</P>

The best ally the US could ever have against terrorism is actually Russia. Believe it or not.</P>[/quote]Yet Russia has opposed the US in every effort against terrorism since 911. The US was one of the few countries to support Russia in WWII. Russia sent two representatives to Coalition Village for the GWOT. They were there to spy on the US and allies. No aid was provided. Japan provide Fuel for freedom to coalition warships, many of the Stans provided bases. Russia nada. Russia believes that a good Defense is a good Offense. Period. Great guys in Tampa. Fun to be around. But not much help. Got more help from Fiji.

All-Pro

Simple answer on the war on terror....(I am not an academic by any means but, I took a minor in cold war history)</P>

Russia wants the US to allow Russia to deal with Chechnya and its other "problems"...the truth is that the Chechens rebels get their funding from Al Qaeda as welll...which is why there isa natural chance to cooperate. Russia has already has faced terrorism as well on its own soil.</P>

Do not get me wrong, there is alot of corruption in Russia and Russian's sphere of influence needs to be controlled depending on who the leader is..."communism" was just a cover for "dictatorship'.</P>

There is alot of distrust between Russia and the United States that has built up for the last century...it will take a long time to evaporate that.</P>

As for China...who knows. China was a completely brutalized (literally raped and pillaged) country by Japan during WW2. China has 1.3 billion people to feed....</P>

The mistrust between the three major players is deep rooted.</P>

To me the greatest threats are the rogue nations of the world and religious fanaticism.</P>

There is a great book called "Paris 1919"...it was written by a Canadian (Margaret MacMillan) who was the granddaughter of a British foreign minister. The book is an account of the post-WWI talks between the major powers on how to draw up the map of the world...the basic conclusion is that these people screwed it up royally or did not deal with the issues then that has created so much turmoil to this day.</P>

I'll take China over Russia any day, any way. </p>

The Olympics as we know them, would be totally gone....if it were not for China. China had NEVER even participated in an olympic games. Then in 1984, when Russia boycotted the US...the olympics would have been over. CHINA came to our rescue. They found some folks who could throw a ball, run, and jump. When those Chinese athletes walked into the stadium, in LA, the crowd went NUTS. China pulled our country out of the tank.</p>

Plus the Chinese raise their kids correctly, they value education.</p>

China has ONE FIFTH of the population of the entire world!!!! I would trust the Chinese over the Russians all day long.</p>

</p>[/quote]

There is definitely a difference between China and Russia. It seems like the Chinese people love the western culture, while the russian people either fear or are jealous of it. At least that's what it seems like...

We all know that China isn't innocent in a lot of ways, but yeah, China's economy is way better than Russia, at least it seems like they are trying. I don't think there are Google offices in Russia or Yahoo or Microsoft?
    How about McDonalds, KFC in Russia?

[quote user="n420p69"]AG do you fix computers btw? I got the new HP which works fantastic btw but I was wondering if maybe I can get the old Dell fixed and maybe give it to my cuz, or keep it to DL music, etc. If you do PM me. Either way I am back nice to see you guys survived without me [:P][/quote]

I "can" but most of the time it isn't worth it....depends on what the problem.,..what is the problem with your Dell?

If it's really old, that $240 or whatever Costco is giving for is really good idea...I had no idea they were doing that!

Do you know how many PC's I tossed into the garbage?

[quote user="Markroman"]

Simple answer on the war on terror....(I am not an academic by any means but, I took a minor in cold war history)</p>

Russia wants the US to allow Russia to deal with Chechnya and its other "problems"...the truth is that the Chechens rebels get their funding from Al Qaeda as welll...which is why there isa natural chance to cooperate. Russia has already has faced terrorism as well on its own soil.</p>

Do not get me wrong, there is alot of corruption in Russia and Russian's sphere of influence needs to be controlled depending on who the leader is..."communism" was just a cover for "dictatorship'.</p>

There is alot of distrust between Russia and the United States that has built up for the last century...it will take a long time to evaporate that.</p>

As for China...who knows. China was a completely brutalized (literally raped and pillaged) country by Japan during WW2. China has 1.3 billion people to feed....</p>

The mistrust between the three major players is deep rooted.</p>

To me the greatest threats are the rogue nations of the world and religious fanaticism.</p>

There is a great book called "Paris 1919"...it was written by a Canadian (Margaret MacMillan) who was the granddaughter of a British foreign minister. The book is an account of the post-WWI talks between the major powers on how to draw up the map of the world...the basic conclusion is that these people screwed it up royally or did not deal with the issues then that has created so much turmoil to this day.</p>[/quote]

Isn't Russia still mad that our CIA helped train Osama to fight against them?

</p>

Jessica Simpson was just on Letterman......she is soooooo dumb, it is painful to watch. I admire Dave for even having her on. She ended up saying that football players do not wear cups for protection, but she thinks that they wear jock straps????!!!! [|-)][|-)][|-)]</p>

Then when she sang her new song, to sell her CD's, it was another.....[|-)][|-)][|-)]</p>

</p>[/quote]

That's why life sucks, you have teachers, military folks, hard working people who will never make the money that she makes, Britney, blohan and a bunch of other dumb athletes...