Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Hey HK,

I just might dive in and get the new iPhone. I don't really care much for the 3G since:

1) its not really in my area anyways
    2) the use of 3G kills the iPhone battery life so I will disable it.

Can I have the iPhone use my home wireless to get on the internet?

[/quote]</p>

I have not converted over to the 3G yet, because my iPhone is very fast, and I love it.</p>

Read on my homepage today that there were complaints to Apple, that the iPhone was too slow in syncing with your computer, so they have fixed that.</p>

I was wondering......I LOVE my iPhone, but with your computer brain, why would you buy the iPhone over that beautiful Blackberry that you had a pic of???!!!</p>

You know that you are a PhD computer science brain, and I am computer stoooooopid......so I am not exactly sure what you are asking me???</p>

When you connect your iPhone to your computer.....the iPhone does not care what kind of connection you have......it is just syncing and transferring data. Is that what you mean???</p>

</p>[/quote]

Apple is coming out with it's 3RD patch for the latest iPhone and iTunes, looks like they had a lot more glitches than they anticipated. Their new cloud service doesn't seem to be ready yet for the masses...

The iPhone seems fun to use, the new BB looks cool too but it's not out yet, I'm not sure when it's coming out Verizon always takes the longest to get phones because they take their time limiting the features and putting Verizon all over the phone and software...

No what I meant was, does the iPhone let you use your home wireless to surf the internet like you would if you had the iPod?

I am almost always near wifi so that would bode well for me...

[quote user="n420p69"]Thanks for the welcome back NYG and everyone else. Thanks for the advice AG I just have a ton of spyware on it that I cannot get rid of. Oh well. I just have a real expensive MP3 player now [/quote]

Spyware is the worse thing to get rid of. What I always do is just blowout the PC with the restore CD's that come with the laptop and you'll have a brand new laptop. It's not worth having anyone fix your laptop or bringing it to Best Buy because the cost of rebuilding it would be around $300-400 and you might as well buy a new laptop which you did so congrats!!!

Hope you are enjoying your new laptop!!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Hey HK,

I just might dive in and get the new iPhone. I don't really care much for the 3G since:

1) its not really in my area anyways
    2) the use of 3G kills the iPhone battery life so I will disable it.

Can I have the iPhone use my home wireless to get on the internet?

[/quote]</P>

I have not converted over to the 3G yet, because my iPhone is very fast, and I love it.</P>

Read on my homepage today that there were complaints to Apple, that the iPhone was too slow in syncing with your computer, so they have fixed that.</P>

I was wondering......I LOVE my iPhone, but with your computer brain, why would you buy the iPhone over that beautiful Blackberry that you had a pic of???!!!</P>

You know that you are a PhD computer science brain, and I am computer stoooooopid......so I am not exactly sure what you are asking me???</P>

When you connect your iPhone to your computer.....the iPhone does not care what kind of connection you have......it is just syncing and transferring data. Is that what you mean???</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Forgot one thing, the battery life has never been a problem for me....but I am careful about bringing my cord with me, and I watch where thelevel of the battery is......i.e., I would never get in my car without having a decent amount of battery left. Nowadays, you can plug your phone in just about anywhere.</P>

The battery life of a lap top sucks (even when the store gives me an extra battery for free).....so I have never noticed that the battery life of the iPhone is any worse.</P>

</P>

</P>

Forgot one thing, the battery life has never been a problem for me....but I am careful about bringing my cord with me, and I watch where thelevel of the battery is......i.e., I would never get in my car without having a decent amount of battery left. Nowadays, you can plug your phone in just about anywhere.</p>

The battery life of a lap top sucks (even when the store gives me an extra battery for free).....so I have never noticed that the battery life of the iPhone is any worse.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

I guess you haven't read the reviews for the latest iPhone? Basically your phone's battery life KILS the new iPhone. It's because of the 3G that the new iPhone dies in less than 5 hours.

On every test done on the phone, if you have 3G enabled(which is why you bought it and why Apple made such a big deal), then basically if you leave for work at 8AM, by lunchtime the phone is dead...

If you turn off 3G so it's more like the 1st generation phones, it lasts just as long as yours...

What things do you HATE about the iPhone or wish it had? I need some negative feedback... []

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="n420p69"]Thanks for the welcome back NYG and everyone else. Thanks for the advice AG I just have a ton of spyware on it that I cannot get rid of. Oh well. I just have a real expensive MP3 player now [/quote]

Spyware is the worse thing to get rid of. What I always do is just blowout the PC with the restore CD's that come with the laptop and you'll have a brand new laptop. It's not worth having anyone fix your laptop or bringing it to Best Buy because the cost of rebuilding it would be around $300-400 and you might as well buy a new laptop which you did so congrats!!!

Hope you are enjoying your new laptop!!!
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

AG......is that how I get rid of my personal data....just put in the restore CD???? Before I give it to Costco for $240.00, they said to clean your stuff off, and then they are going to clean it again.</P>

</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

Forgot one thing, the battery life has never been a problem for me....but I am careful about bringing my cord with me, and I watch where thelevel of the battery is......i.e., I would never get in my car without having a decent amount of battery left. Nowadays, you can plug your phone in just about anywhere.</P>

The battery life of a lap top sucks (even when the store gives me an extra battery for free).....so I have never noticed that the battery life of the iPhone is any worse.</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Tell me why not the Blackberry while I am putting my answer together?????</P>

I have read a TON about the 3G......but I never understood that part of it, until you just explained it!</P>

You should be a PROFESSOR!!!!!! []</P>

</P>

I guess you haven't read the reviews for the latest iPhone? Basically your phone's battery life KILS the new iPhone. It's because of the 3G that the new iPhone dies in less than 5 hours.

On every test done on the phone, if you have 3G enabled(which is why you bought it and why Apple made such a big deal), then basically if you leave for work at 8AM, by lunchtime the phone is dead...

If you turn off 3G so it's more like the 1st generation phones, it lasts just as long as yours...

What things do you HATE about the iPhone or wish it had? I need some negative feedback... []

[/quote]</P>

AG......is that how I get rid of my personal data....just put in the restore CD???? Before I give it to Costco for $240.00, they said to clean your stuff off, and then they are going to clean it again.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yes, when you put in the restore CD, it blows out everything on your laptop and makes it as if you just
    bought it the first time. Remember when you first got your laptop and it had all those programs on it?
    That's what it will be like.

Secondly, don't trust anyone that says they will clean our your laptop, this goes for anyone else reading. There are perv's out there and they will spend all day peeking at your PC to see if you have any personal stuff or for ID theft.

How old is your laptop anyways? Is it that old?

I goofed AGAIN!!!!......put my answer, right in the middle of a quote!!! [:$]</P>

</P>

I have read a TON about the 3G......but I never understood that part of it, until you just explained it!</P>

You should be a PROFESSOR!!!!!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]</P>

I goofed AGAIN!!!!......put my answer, right in the middle of a quote!!! [:$]</P>

</P>

You should be a PROFESSOR!!!!!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]</P>

[/quote]</P>

I give up....what happened to that smile???!!!</P>

</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

AG......is that how I get rid of my personal data....just put in the restore CD???? Before I give it to Costco for $240.00, they said to clean your stuff off, and then they are going to clean it again.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Yes, when you put in the restore CD, it blows out everything on your laptop and makes it as if you just
    bought it the first time. Remember when you first got your laptop and it had all those programs on it?
    That's what it will be like.

Secondly, don't trust anyone that says they will clean our your laptop, this goes for anyone else reading. There are perv's out there and they will spend all day peeking at your PC to see if you have any personal stuff or for ID theft.

How old is your laptop anyways? Is it that old?

[/quote]</P>

</P>

I bought it in Jan-Feb 2006. So EVERYTHING personal of mine, disappears, once I put that CD in?? So I NEVER have to worry about pervs or ID theft???</P>

</P>