Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

I goofed AGAIN!!!!......put my answer, right in the middle of a quote!!! [:$]</p>

</p>

Tell me why not the Blackberry while I am putting my answer together?????</p>

I have read a TON about the 3G......but I never understood that part of it, until you just explained it!</p>

You should be a PROFESSOR!!!!!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]</p>[/quote]

I still need to see what the BB can do once it's out but I am running out of patience waiting for it...
    Yes, the use of 3G kills the battery because it forces the iPhone to do more, it's more CPU intensive so the battery dies. When you turn it off, you're back to the 1st gen iPhone.

Secondly, they say that the iPhone can quickly switch between 3G and regular network but that's not true. There is a 5 second delay which causes a lot of dropped calls which a lot of people have been complaining about...

As for your PC, yes if you really want to be safe, you should blow it out TWICE.

The restore CD's is automated, you don't have to do anything, just pop it in, reboot your PC and it goes ahead and does what it needs to do.

Problem is, you can still get your old data if someone uses special software to search for deleted data.

So if you restore your laptop twice, there is no way they can get your data because you end up completely cleaning out any chance of any leftover personal files...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

Does not bother me a bit. Who cares how much $$$ Jessica has.....she is an idiot. Brit &amp; Blo are so self destructive......who cares about their $$$$.</P>

Christina Onassis had billions, and she killed herself at 37, and left a beautiful little girl, without a mother.</P>

I just stay grateful for everything that I have....we are so much better off, than the majority of the planet.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Oh I know our lives are better, but you have to take into quality of life as well. Which again, ours is better for the most part. But you have teachers that have to buy pencils and books for their students because the students can't afford them and the school doesn't have enough funding...

That's what I mean when I talk about money...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

You are going to shoot me for belaboring the point, but....our country has plenty of money and donations for school supplies.</P>

There are TONS of kids on the planet, who do not even get to GO to school!!!!!</P>

Our country is just CORRUPT in funding. i.e. New Orleans sunk MILLIONS into educationg those little kids down there....and corrupt thieves just pocketed the $$$$$$, and the kids never saw a dime.</P>

</P>

I goofed AGAIN!!!!......put my answer, right in the middle of a quote!!! [:$]</P>

</P>

Tell me why not the Blackberry while I am putting my answer together?????</P>

I have read a TON about the 3G......but I never understood that part of it, until you just explained it!</P>

You should be a PROFESSOR!!!!!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]</P>

[/quote]

I still need to see what the BB can do once it's out but I am running out of patience waiting for it...
    Yes, the use of 3G kills the battery because it forces the iPhone to do more, it's more CPU intensive so the battery dies. When you turn it off, you're back to the 1st gen iPhone.

Secondly, they say that the iPhone can quickly switch between 3G and regular network but that's not true. There is a 5 second delay which causes a lot of dropped calls which a lot of people have been complaining about...

As for your PC, yes if you really want to be safe, you should blow it out TWICE.

The restore CD's is automated, you don't have to do anything, just pop it in, reboot your PC and it goes ahead and does what it needs to do.

Problem is, you can still get your old data if someone uses special software to search for deleted data.

So if you restore your laptop twice, there is no way they can get your data because you end up completely cleaning out any chance of any leftover personal files...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

THANK YOU!!!!!! [Y][Y][Y]</P>

</P>

You are going to shoot me for belaboring the point, but....our country has plenty of money and donations for school supplies.</p>

There are TONS of kids on the planet, who do not even get to GO to school!!!!!</p>

Our country is just CORRUPT in funding. i.e. New Orleans sunk MILLIONS into educationg those little kids down there....and corrupt thieves just pocketed the $$$$$$, and the kids never saw a dime.</p>

</p>[/quote]

I agree with you. There is corruption, just like those dumb mobile homes they paid for....

athletes and celebs could give back, I know I would if I were that rich...

The best I can do is donate to local police and fire which is what I do...that is my fair ratio....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Hey HK,

I just might dive in and get the new iPhone. I don't really care much for the 3G since:

1) its not really in my area anyways
    2) the use of 3G kills the iPhone battery life so I will disable it.

Can I have the iPhone use my home wireless to get on the internet?

[/quote]</P>

I have not converted over to the 3G yet, because my iPhone is very fast, and I love it.</P>

Read on my homepage today that there were complaints to Apple, that the iPhone was too slow in syncing with your computer, so they have fixed that.</P>

I was wondering......I LOVE my iPhone, but with your computer brain, why would you buy the iPhone over that beautiful Blackberry that you had a pic of???!!!</P>

You know that you are a PhD computer science brain, and I am computer stoooooopid......so I am not exactly sure what you are asking me???</P>

When you connect your iPhone to your computer.....the iPhone does not care what kind of connection you have......it is just syncing and transferring data. Is that what you mean???</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Apple is coming out with it's 3RD patch for the latest iPhone and iTunes, looks like they had a lot more glitches than they anticipated. Their new cloud service doesn't seem to be ready yet for the masses...

The iPhone seems fun to use, the new BB looks cool too but it's not out yet, I'm not sure when it's coming out Verizon always takes the longest to get phones because they take their time limiting the features and putting Verizon all over the phone and software...

No what I meant was, does the iPhone let you use your home wireless to surf the internet like you would if you had the iPod?

I am almost always near wifi so that would bode well for me...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

sorry.....I am lost. I don't use wifi on my laptop, I use an air card, so that I can use my laptop any where in the world that I go.....and I never have to be connected to anything.</P>

The iPhone is VERY fun to use. And so FAST. I was with my mom at Bread Co. (that is like a soup and salad place???? don't know if you have them) I wanted to know how much time I had, in order for my mom to get to her pharmacy to pick up an Rx before it closed. I just put her pharmacy in google on my iPhone, and I had the data in 1 second flat........love it!!!</P>

</P>

sorry.....I am lost. I don't use wifi on my laptop, I use an air card, so that I can use my laptop any where in the world that I go.....and I never have to be connected to anything.</p>

The iPhone is VERY fun to use. And so FAST. I was with my mom at Bread Co. (that is like a soup and salad place???? don't know if you have them) I wanted to know how much time I had, in order for my mom to get to her pharmacy to pick up an Rx before it closed. I just put her pharmacy in google on my iPhone, and I had the data in 1 second flat........love it!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

haha just like in the commercial....

We don't have a Bread Co. here, at least not that I am aware of...never heard of it...

How is the air card? Fast? How is the signal? Does it use cell or satellite? Do you always get reception everywhere??

You are going to shoot me for belaboring the point, but....our country has plenty of money and donations for school supplies.</P>

There are TONS of kids on the planet, who do not even get to GO to school!!!!!</P>

Our country is just CORRUPT in funding. i.e. New Orleans sunk MILLIONS into educationg those little kids down there....and corrupt thieves just pocketed the $$$$$$, and the kids never saw a dime.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

I agree with you. There is corruption, just like those dumb mobile homes they paid for....

athletes and celebs could give back, I know I would if I were that rich...

The best I can do is donate to local police and fire which is what I do...that is my fair ratio....

[/quote]</P>

</P>

GREAT idea......PLUS it always pays to stay on the good side of the police and fireman!!!!</P>

I donate everything to Boys and Girls Town. They come and pick up EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!!!! They are AWESOME!!! Plus, they write you a beautiful letter stating that you donated. The stories of the kids tragic lives, just makes you sick, that there are so many gross parents out there, who are not capable of raising kids.</P>

</P>

GREAT idea......PLUS it always pays to stay on the good side of the police and fireman!!!!</p>

I donate everything to Boys and Girls Town. They come and pick up EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!!!! They are AWESOME!!! Plus, they write you a beautiful letter stating that you donated. The stories of the kids tragic lives, just makes you sick, that there are so many gross parents out there, who are not capable of raising kids.</p>

</p>[/quote]

I have a 2007 sticker that shows I support the police. I got pulled over last year and the cop didn't even ask for my drivers license?? Can you beleive that? He saw the sticker and said just drive safely...

At least they usually get our license to see if you have any warrants or whatever, especially if they go out of their way to pull you over...

This guy said have a good day. LOL...

sorry.....I am lost. I don't use wifi on my laptop, I use an air card, so that I can use my laptop any where in the world that I go.....and I never have to be connected to anything.</P>

The iPhone is VERY fun to use. And so FAST. I was with my mom at Bread Co. (that is like a soup and salad place???? don't know if you have them) I wanted to know how much time I had, in order for my mom to get to her pharmacy to pick up an Rx before it closed. I just put her pharmacy in google on my iPhone, and I had the data in 1 second flat........love it!!!</P>

</P>

[/quote]

haha just like in the commercial....

We don't have a Bread Co. here, at least not that I am aware of...never heard of it...

How is the air card? Fast? How is the signal? Does it use cell or satellite? Do you always get reception everywhere??

[/quote]</P>

</P>

LOVE the air card, because you can be so mobil. I have a great signal, it is VERY fast, and I get great reception everywhere that I have taken my laptop. Sorry....don't know if it is cell or satellite???</P>

You can get an air card CHEAP.....and that is what the guys at AT&amp;T were trying to help me with. But you have to go to Best Buy or Radio Shack and buy something that I never heard of before and connect something?????!!!!!! It was just easier for me to buy the card at AT&amp;T and be done with it.</P>

My iPhone does have a thing in the settings that says WiFi....so you can probably use WiFi????!!!</P>

</P>

GREAT idea......PLUS it always pays to stay on the good side of the police and fireman!!!!</P>

I donate everything to Boys and Girls Town. They come and pick up EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!!!! They are AWESOME!!! Plus, they write you a beautiful letter stating that you donated. The stories of the kids tragic lives, just makes you sick, that there are so many gross parents out there, who are not capable of raising kids.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

I have a 2007 sticker that shows I support the police. I got pulled over last year and the cop didn't even ask for my drivers license?? Can you beleive that? He saw the sticker and said just drive safely...

At least they usually get our license to see if you have any warrants or whatever, especially if they go out of their way to pull you over...

This guy said have a good day. LOL...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Very smart thing to do!!!![Y]</P>

</P>