Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

LOVE the air card, because you can be so mobil. I have a great signal, it is VERY fast, and I get great reception everywhere that I have taken my laptop. Sorry....don't know if it is cell or satellite???</p>

You can get an air card CHEAP.....and that is what the guys at AT&amp;T were trying to help me with. But you have to go to Best Buy or Radio Shack and buy something that I never heard of before and connect something?????!!!!!! It was just easier for me to buy the card at AT&amp;T and be done with it.</p>

My iPhone does have a thing in the settings that says WiFi....so you can probably use WiFi????!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

I think the air card uses satellite. Basically the same kind of signal as DirectTV or any other dish....
    The cell is the same as cell phones where it relies on cell towers, to get reception...

So with the satellite your internet goes straight to space, whereas your phone uses local towers to get reception...that's just a hunch....

I have to look into the wifi thing, it would be cool if the iPhone can hop onto my home wireless for internet, then I can get really fast internet connection and only use the ATT's network for internet when I'm out in the middle of nowhere...

I don't have good cell reception where I live so if I pay ATT for internet and it only uses ATT then I am screwed, but at home, if I can hop into my wireless, I would be good to go...

Now I am starting to sound redundant...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

You are going to shoot me for belaboring the point, but....our country has plenty of money and donations for school supplies.</P>

There are TONS of kids on the planet, who do not even get to GO to school!!!!!</P>

Our country is just CORRUPT in funding. i.e. New Orleans sunk MILLIONS into educationg those little kids down there....and corrupt thieves just pocketed the $$$$$$, and the kids never saw a dime.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

I agree with you. There is corruption, just like those dumb mobile homes they paid for....

athletes and celebs could give back, I know I would if I were that rich...

The best I can do is donate to local police and fire which is what I do...that is my fair ratio....

[/quote]</P>

</P>

I was shocked that Biden and his wife only gave like $348.00 to charity, and together they made like over $300,000.00 !!!</P>

You are totally correct.....the wealthy will never be able to spend it all anyway. </P>

It is funny sometimes where people donate to......Ray Croc (sp?) the McDonald's guy left his wife in a $9 mill estate in San Diego, but she was really too senile/ill to enjoy it. When she died, she left her $$$$ to some weird organizations it seemed like.....</P>

Can't stand that the Walmart people have boatloads of $$$$ and they won't even give those folks that slave for them health insurance. I was reading about it in the TAGF thread......it is pathetic.</P>

</P>

I was shocked that Biden and his wife only gave like $348.00 to charity, and together they made like over $300,000.00 !!!</p>

You are totally correct.....the wealthy will never be able to spend it all anyway. </p>

It is funny sometimes where people donate to......Ray Croc (sp?) the McDonald's guy left his wife in a $9 mill estate in San Diego, but she was really too senile/ill to enjoy it. When she died, she left her $$$$ to some weird organizations it seemed like.....</p>

Can't stand that the Walmart people have boatloads of $$$$ and they won't even give those folks that slave for them health insurance. I was reading about it in the TAGF thread......it is pathetic.</p>

</p>[/quote]

$348??? That's it??

There's that wealthy lady that died and gave all her money to her dogs? You remember that?

I also don't trust a lot of non profit organizations. Many of them only donate 10% of every dollar they
    get...there's a lot of corrupt non profits....

And I never donate when someone calls me...chances are when a company is using another company to do all the telemarketing, there's a lot of kick backs that go between the companies...

Basically the people who are suppose to get help, usually don't get the money...

The CEO of Red Cross stepped down a couple years ago because of corruption...

LOVE the air card, because you can be so mobil. I have a great signal, it is VERY fast, and I get great reception everywhere that I have taken my laptop. Sorry....don't know if it is cell or satellite???</P>

You can get an air card CHEAP.....and that is what the guys at AT&amp;T were trying to help me with. But you have to go to Best Buy or Radio Shack and buy something that I never heard of before and connect something?????!!!!!! It was just easier for me to buy the card at AT&amp;T and be done with it.</P>

My iPhone does have a thing in the settings that says WiFi....so you can probably use WiFi????!!!</P>

</P>

[/quote]

I think the air card uses satellite. Basically the same kind of signal as DirectTV or any other dish....
    The cell is the same as cell phones where it relies on cell towers, to get reception...

So with the satellite your internet goes straight to space, whereas your phone uses local towers to get reception...that's just a hunch....

I have to look into the wifi thing, it would be cool if the iPhone can hop onto my home wireless for internet, then I can get really fast internet connection and only use the ATT's network for internet when I'm out in the middle of nowhere...

I don't have good cell reception where I live so if I pay ATT for internet and it only uses ATT then I am screwed, but at home, if I can hop into my wireless, I would be good to go...

Now I am starting to sound redundant...

[/quote]</P>

You don't sound redundant.....I am learning a TON!!!!</P>

Here are the pro's to iPhone:</P>

text, you tube, clock/alarm, itunes, calculator, stocks, calendar, photos, maps, notes, phone, mail, ipod, and internet all work PERFECT.</P>

The only thing that I have sent them an email about that does not work perfect quickly enough is: on the iphone you can see the weather forcast for the next 7 days, to any city in the world that you want and you can program it to bring up as many diff cities that you want to look at. </P>

When I bring up our weather, sometimes it will be thundering, lightening, with heavy rain....and my iPhone still has a sun shining on it, and it has not shown that the temp dropped dramatically. For some unknown reason....it has some slow delay on the weather forecast.</P>

The camera is stellar....but I have to fiqure out why mine has become slow....I hate that. Sometimes you have to wait forever for the lens to clear, so that you can snap the pic.</P>

I hate the iPhone protective cases. It is a PIA when you are charging your phone. So, I don't use a case at all anymore.....I love the way the phone looks, just the way it is, plus it fits in your pocket so nice, because it is flat and small.</P>

You have to keep your fingers clean, and keep the protective covering/film thing that they give you, clean with that spray stuff. Because it works a lot faster, when your fingers can glide across it quickly...which only happens if you don't have coffee, etc junking it up!!!!</P>

</P>

I was shocked that Biden and his wife only gave like $348.00 to charity, and together they made like over $300,000.00 !!!</P>

You are totally correct.....the wealthy will never be able to spend it all anyway. </P>

It is funny sometimes where people donate to......Ray Croc (sp?) the McDonald's guy left his wife in a $9 mill estate in San Diego, but she was really too senile/ill to enjoy it. When she died, she left her $$$$ to some weird organizations it seemed like.....</P>

Can't stand that the Walmart people have boatloads of $$$$ and they won't even give those folks that slave for them health insurance. I was reading about it in the TAGF thread......it is pathetic.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

$348??? That's it??

There's that wealthy lady that died and gave all her money to her dogs? You remember that?

I also don't trust a lot of non profit organizations. Many of them only donate 10% of every dollar they
    get...there's a lot of corrupt non profits....

And I never donate when someone calls me...chances are when a company is using another company to do all the telemarketing, there's a lot of kick backs that go between the companies...

Basically the people who are suppose to get help, usually don't get the money...

The CEO of Red Cross stepped down a couple years ago because of corruption...

[/quote]</P>

</P>

This is a heartbreaker. The head of our Susan Komen race was agreat-grandma, who looked like a sweet, chunky liitle lady, working in her garden. Ends up, she was dating this perv in Texas, who was sending her emails of himself, molesting his son. It was sickening.</P>

I like this saying that I heard once: "You can donate money, and you can donate your things. But a wonderful thing to donate is your time. Just take a minute to encourage some kid, that is struggling along."</P>

I really like that. So many kids in America, have zero self esteem.</P>

</P>

</P>

This is great....they asked Sarah Palin, "Do you have a maid?"</P>

Sarah said, "No I do not have a maid, but I do have 3 teenagers. I don't want them to EVER feel like they should be waited on."</P>

</P>

You don't sound redundant.....I am learning a TON!!!!</p>

Here are the pro's to iPhone:</p>

text, you tube, clock/alarm, itunes, calculator, stocks, calendar, photos, maps, notes, phone, mail, ipod, and internet all work PERFECT.</p>

The only thing that I have sent them an email about that does not work perfect quickly enough is: on the iphone you can see the weather forcast for the next 7 days, to any city in the world that you want and you can program it to bring up as many diff cities that you want to look at. </p>

When I bring up our weather, sometimes it will be thundering, lightening, with heavy rain....and my iPhone still has a sun shining on it, and it has not shown that the temp dropped dramatically. For some unknown reason....it has some slow delay on the weather forecast.</p>

The camera is stellar....but I have to fiqure out why mine has become slow....I hate that. Sometimes you have to wait forever for the lens to clear, so that you can snap the pic.</p>

I hate the iPhone protective cases. It is a PIA when you are charging your phone. So, I don't use a case at all anymore.....I love the way the phone looks, just the way it is, plus it fits in your pocket so nice, because it is flat and small.</p>

You have to keep your fingers clean, and keep the protective covering/film thing that they give you, clean with that spray stuff. Because it works a lot faster, when your fingers can glide across it quickly...which only happens if you don't have coffee, etc junking it up!!!!</p>

</p>[/quote]

Nice, and now I am learning a lot from you on the iPhone!!

I have been using the same LG phone for 4-5 years now.....

I checked and the Apple site said the store near me is getting new shipments tomorrow! So I will see if I will get off my butt and get the phone....if I see a long long line, I will keep walking...if it's short, I'll walk in and play with some macbooks, nano's, ipods and make my way towards the counter and ask about the iPhone... []

I can't really complain about any of the features on the iPhone because my current phone can't do much at all!!!

This is a heartbreaker. The head of our Susan Komen race was agreat-grandma, who looked like a sweet, chunky liitle lady, working in her garden. Ends up, she was dating this perv in Texas, who was sending her emails of himself, molesting his son. It was sickening.</p>

I like this saying that I heard once: "You can donate money, and you can donate your things. But a wonderful thing to donate is your time. Just take a minute to encourage some kid, that is struggling along."</p>

I really like that. So many kids in America, have zero self esteem.</p>

</p>[/quote]

That's horrible!!! And disgusting!!! I can't believe that.....you never know what kind of people there are out there....

Most kids don't have self esteem because of the society we live in. Every TV show, show's how great life is, so you want that life. You go to myspace or facebook and every picture is fun and how great that person's life is so you wonder why you aren't that person...it's all bogus...

All my friends are on myspace and they have issues but they don't post about their issues nor do they post pictures that make them look dumb...

People have to see passed what's in front of them but it's hard because marketing is very powerful thing...

I've been driving the same damn car for 8 years now, this chick I know gets a new car every 2 years and I know she makes people feel bad about themselves because she's always driving the latest cool car, so her life is great right? It's not...and she's got no money either because she's always upside down on the leases...

it's all bogus!!!

All-Pro

Does the creator of this thread still post here?

</p>

This is great....they asked Sarah Palin, "Do you have a maid?"</p>

Sarah said, "No I do not have a maid, but I do have 3 teenagers. I don't want them to EVER feel like they should be waited on."</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yeah, her kid going to Iraq is very brave. Bristol? I don't know about her...something is up with her...

I was watching Bill Maher and he quoted Bristol's BF's myspace page, I don't know if it was real or not but it was full of cursing and acting like a punk....