Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Markroman"]

McCain and Palin are getting pulverised now.</P>

Neither McCain nor Barack can do anything to help this financial mess that would prevent them from debating Friday.</P>

McCain is scared to debate because the ECONOMY will be the issue for which McCain is completely out to lunch.</P>

McCain ditched Letterman last night and Letterman ripped into him.</P>

Palin was interviewed by Couric and failed miserably...Couric actually kept asking her to name some of McCain's fiscal reforms he has pushed over 26 years...her answer..."I will come back and bring you some examples another time!"</P>

Some of my American friends have told me that there are many Republicans who sincerely dislike McCain and Palin and are going to let them hang in the wind.</P>

This financial crisis is a last gasp by a dying administration to steal from the American people.</P>

[/quote]

I didn't realize that Palin was on Couric's show.

But Palin at least has been on two interviews so far. Where is Biden? I haven't yet seen Biden on any interviews (I could be wrong) where they asked him some hard questions..

The media has to play fair on both sides of the table.

Palin so far has been on Hannity, CNN and CBS.....(soft, hard, hard) questions respecitively.

I don't remember any Biden interview to date...

[/quote]there is no parity in the media. You also have Letterman, SNL all attacking as well. I would dare to say that has more effect right now on the polls than any policy debates. "I see Russia out my window" is one of the biggest quotes going around right now. I'm trying to listen to the arguments about the bailout, but I think the problem is calling it a "bailout". The plan is to buy up the bad debt, hold on to it for a few years then sell it when things stabilize. Risky...yes. But if lending stops, the economy will "lock up" and watch the spin we enter. What worries me the most is the "pork" that half of these congressmen/senators will try and tack onto this bill. </P>

Are you watching the news right now? Did you see the quotes on Fannie Mae and Freddie?</P>

All-Pro

I have a finance background. So here goes:</P>

This is what is going on:</P>

1) Mortgages under new SEC rules have to be valued at fair value...if a market is illiquid and there is no quote for the item...it gets a zero value. This has caused paper losses on subprime mortgages...People are complaining that this is wrong...these mortgages do have a value eventhough not in a liquid market place</P>

2) The bail out would allow people to buy up these mortgages at dirt cheap prices and PROFIT in the future.</P>

3) Warren Buffet invested money NOT to save Wall Street but, to make a personal profit because he knows the game that is being played.</P>

This is economic terrorism folks...the administration is trying to scare the people with this "bogey man" to get you to agree to do something that one day you will all regret. This is a made up crisis...hate to break the news to you.</P>

Paulson worked and earned alot of money from Goldman Sachs. The FBI has started investigated Freddie and Fanny and AIG for accounting fraud...yet...you want to give these people $700 billion BEFORE the investigation is over!</P>

As for Biden...he has been on the road campaigning and making alot of informal appearances.</P>

McCain is bailing out of the debates...but, had time for Katie Couric...hmmm.....</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

there is no parity in the media. You also have Letterman, SNL all attacking as well. I would dare to say that has more effect right now on the polls than any policy debates. "I see Russia out my window" is one of the biggest quotes going around right now. I'm trying to listen to the arguments about the bailout, but I think the problem is calling it a "bailout". The plan is to buy up the bad debt, hold on to it for a few years then sell it when things stabilize. Risky...yes. But if lending stops, the economy will "lock up" and watch the spin we enter. What worries me the most is the "pork" that half of these congressmen/senators will try and tack onto this bill. </p>

Are you watching the news right now? Did you see the quotes on Fannie Mae and Freddie?</p>[/quote]

Not a bailout...a "rescue plan" [:P]

it is possible to make a profit. You put in $700 billion to maintain the economy so it doesn't lock up like you said. Then start selling off parts of the investment for profit. The taxpayers should be able to make a profit off $700 billion. Then we all get a $1000 rebate check or whatever it comes out to down the road and economy is back in order.

Another thing that would help our economy is if we stop borrowing billions from China a month....

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Markroman"]

McCain and Palin are getting pulverised now.</P>

Neither McCain nor Barack can do anything to help this financial mess that would prevent them from debating Friday.</P>

McCain is scared to debate because the ECONOMY will be the issue for which McCain is completely out to lunch.</P>

McCain ditched Letterman last night and Letterman ripped into him.</P>

Palin was interviewed by Couric and failed miserably...Couric actually kept asking her to name some of McCain's fiscal reforms he has pushed over 26 years...her answer..."I will come back and bring you some examples another time!"</P>

Some of my American friends have told me that there are many Republicans who sincerely dislike McCain and Palin and are going to let them hang in the wind.</P>

This financial crisis is a last gasp by a dying administration to steal from the American people.</P>

[/quote]uhhh the debate on friday is on foreign policy..... not the economy. </P>

</P>

I got news for you my friend. If Wall goes down, so will the American Economy. Once that happens we will be bringing rest of the world with us. When Warren Buffet says this plane needs to go through, then I'm listening. Oh wait.... he did say that. </P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Romney was just interviewed, and they asked him, "Now are you glad that you are NOT the candidate?" Romney said, "Oh YES!!!"......and Romney has a great financial brain!!!</P>

This came up on my home page from Kiplinger's.....</P>

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...-Panic-of-2008</P>

</P>

A small-town high school in New Mexico has been shaken up by the football team’s hazing scandal, in which six younger members of the team were sodomized with a broomstick by more senior players during an August training camp.</P>

<SPAN class=lingo_region></SPAN></P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

According to state police reports, a group of juniors assaulted several younger teammates over two days, holding the victims down while a broomstick was forced into their rectums over their athletic shorts. [...]</P>

<SPAN class=lingo_region>When [head coach Ray] Woods asked if anyone had been violated, one 15-year-old player raised his hand. But before the boy could elaborate, other players began making jokes, the report said. Several coaches told investigators that because of the laughter from the players, they didn’t believe the allegations were serious and took no further action.</SPAN></P></BLOCKQUOTE>

The scandal has provided not only strife within the school, but also fodder for its rivals:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

School Superintendent Rick Romero said spectators at some opposing schools have taunted the Robertson girls’ soccer team and a middle school girls’ volleyball team with “references to broomsticks and other very inappropriate sexual innuendoes.”</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

[quote user="mjg407"]

A small-town high school in New Mexico has been shaken up by the football team’s hazing scandal, in which six younger members of the team were sodomized with a broomstick by more senior players during an August training camp.</P>

<SPAN class=lingo_region></SPAN></P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

According to state police reports, a group of juniors assaulted several younger teammates over two days, holding the victims down while a broomstick was forced into their rectums over their athletic shorts. [...]</P>

<SPAN class=lingo_region>When [head coach Ray] Woods asked if anyone had been violated, one 15-year-old player raised his hand. But before the boy could elaborate, other players began making jokes, the report said. Several coaches told investigators that because of the laughter from the players, they didn’t believe the allegations were serious and took no further action.</SPAN></P></BLOCKQUOTE>

The scandal has provided not only strife within the school, but also fodder for its rivals:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

School Superintendent Rick Romero said spectators at some opposing schools have taunted the Robertson girls’ soccer team and a middle school girls’ volleyball team with “references to broomsticks and other very inappropriate sexual innuendoes.”</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Where do kids get the sick brains, to even think up activities like that????</P>

</P>

</P>

Hillary apparently wants to win in 2012.....</P>

But now the rumor is that, because of Biden's previous two brain aneurysms, they are going to replace Biden with Hillary AFTER the debates???</P>

I would think that a Sarah/Hillary debate would be much more powerful for Obama, than a Sarah/Biden debate....</P>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-o..._b_126234.html</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Lots of scoop that Biden is history, by October 5th.....</P>

Would not doubt it, he has screwed up a million times, just trying to TALK!!!!</P>

http://www.nobama.com/members/index....=2&amp;id=2585</P>

</P>

[quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

</p>

Hillary apparently wants to win in 2012.....</p>

But now the rumor is that, because of Biden's previous two brain aneurysms, they are going to replace Biden with Hillary AFTER the debates???</p>

I would think that a Sarah/Hillary debate would be much more powerful for Obama, than a Sarah/Biden debate....</p>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-o..._b_126234.html</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

WOW!

Problem is Billy Boy just said on the View that Hillary doesn't want to be VP, she can do more as Senator...

China launched 3 astronauts into space??

Wow, I had no idea their space program was that advanced?

It's very hard for me to imagine China being that capable.....