Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]The thing is...you can't say it is a huge mistake now. We don't know how Hughes is gonna turn out and Melky...well Melky is Melky......also...remember Wang was in the deal too at one point....
    We don't know how Johan will be in a few years too......

I still wouldn't do the deal for Johan...and time will tell if that was a good move to make or not. Who knows....

Think of it as the Eli trade...judge it years from now...it's not fair to judge it now.

Also, Let's be real. We could have Johan and his equally talented yet evil brother Mohan and it would have done no good since they could not score any runs this season

Not while no one dare gets on Derek "the king of double plays...but certain fans don't mind how he has killed us this season....they will just continue to blame Alex for everything" Jeter , Cano being horrible for most of the year, Alex killing us in the month of August, Giambi up and down and so on......
    [/quote]

We can definitley judge the Eli trade now as a good one since we got a ring out of it. []

I think Phil Hughes coming on real strong at the end of last year is what tricked everyone into thinking he was good enough to start this season as well as Ian. Everytime they were sent back down to AAA, they pitched fine but they just didn't have any luck in the majors...

Everyone kind of sucked this year, and if they were good(like Matsui, he was consistent) then they got hurt.(like Wang and Joba, Arod and Jeter)

Jeter AND Arod were king of double plays....and I didn't say it before but I'm a bit disappointed in Wang that he doesn't know how to run. I mean you are suppose to be somewhat of an athlete..

I haven't ran in years but I know I can run around bases without getting hurt....

I can't wait to see the roster next season. We definitely have to be a faster team.

Injuries or no injuries, if we don't make the postseason again, Joe G is definitley gone....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    We can definitley judge the Eli trade now as a good one since we got a ring out of it. []

I think Phil Hughes coming on real strong at the end of last year is what tricked everyone into thinking he was good enough to start this season as well as Ian. Everytime they were sent back down to AAA, they pitched fine but they just didn't have any luck in the majors...

Everyone kind of sucked this year, and if they were good(like Matsui, he was consistent) then they got hurt.(like Wang and Joba, Arod and Jeter)

Jeter AND Arod were king of double plays....and I didn't say it before but I'm a bit disappointed in Wang that he doesn't know how to run. I mean you are suppose to be somewhat of an athlete..

I haven't ran in years but I know I can run around bases without getting hurt....

I can't wait to see the roster next season. We definitely have to be a faster team.

Injuries or no injuries, if we don't make the postseason again, Joe G is definitley gone....

[/quote]

Actually checking...we had a lot of DP kings
    Jeets was king at 24
    Cano came in second at 18
    Then Alex joins in on the fun at 16
    Bobby had 14
    then it goes down..........

The things with Hughes...I think he was pitching injured in the beginning of the year....the way he was pitching in AAA and his last 2 starts here are more like it....

Kennedy is just....I dunno...he needs to pray to the baseball gods

Considering all the injuries...the lack of offense...the fact we had a rotation for most of the year with Sidney Ponson in it...and they actually have the record that they have...not too bad.....

But I do agree if they don't make it next year...Joe G might be in trouble

Gotta give it to Johan though...he stepped up today for the Mets.
    3 outs away from a win

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey all. how is everyone?

damn, it's hard for me to get online much at all these days! i'm really busy all the time now. I'm managing to watch all the games so far though, and it's awesome to be 3-0!

myself and my fiance have just booked our tickets over to America for next spring and i can't wait to get there.we fly into Chicago, then, after stopping in vegas 7 weeks later for the wedding and a 10 day honeymoon in LA, we fly back home again. just have to hope our savings are unaffected by the current financial situation that is all over the news.
    [/quote]

What's shakin Andy!
    Sounds like a great trip! How's the ankle...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Gotta give it to Johan though...he stepped up today for the Mets.
    3 outs away from a win
    [/quote]

Yeah he was really dealing today....damn....

Wow he just missed a 2 run homer....that would have been soooo LOL.....

Good effort, but they are making it seem as if they just won the WS.....

Cubbies up 2-0

All-Pro

Some good college football games on. Time to hit the gym see you guys later be good.

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey all. how is everyone?

damn, it's hard for me to get online much at all these days! i'm really busy all the time now. I'm managing to watch all the games so far though, and it's awesome to be 3-0!

myself and my fiance have just booked our tickets over to America for next spring and i can't wait to get there.we fly into Chicago, then, after stopping in vegas 7 weeks later for the wedding and a 10 day honeymoon in LA, we fly back home again. just have to hope our savings are unaffected by the current financial situation that is all over the news.
    [/quote]

What's shakin Andy!
    Sounds like a great trip! How's the ankle...
    [/quote]

the ankle's a lot better thank you. still swells up if i do too much walking etc. and it's still a bit painfull from time to time too.

i'm waaaay out of the loop with everything other than the giants winning. i've not seen any baseball in ages, i forgot the college football season had started and work is about to start getting really busy for the run up to christmas. the next few months are gonna be one long hard slog. i can't wait to get over there for a couple of months next year.