Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Chopper"][quote user="AsianGiant"]-777

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how the economy affects celebrities and athletes?

What do you guys think?
    [/quote]

Not good. Here's why.

They make their money from the average consumer going to movies, or sporting events. When the economy goes down, less people go to games, movies, etc., And soon, the production companies and teams can't afford to pay them all millions of dollars.

It's tough times right now, very tough. And I don't think there is just one solution out there. However, with these big banks buying up over ones, that could very well help. As for the bailout plan, they didn't pass that because their was no way of telling where the money should go, and that always leads to waste.
    [/quote]

That is true, but I guess what I mean is that right now, most, the responsible ones have MILLIONS in their bank accounts so if they have to pay higher prices for food, gas, they can...unlike the average American...

The future of course would be bleak for them and they would have to tighten their lifestyle and living habits....

AG,</P>

Is there a plan to get the MB for mobile? I can't hardly bring it up on my Moto Q. </P>

Monday, September 29, 2008

(UPI) - Jury selection was under way Monday in the trial of Texas man accused of slaying a woman and cooking her dismembered body on barbecue grills, prosecutors said.

Timothy Wayne Shepherd, 28, of Houston, has been charged with choking his former girlfriend, Texas A&amp;M engineering student Tynesha Stewart, to death, cutting up her body and burning it in grills on his apartment patio, The Houston Chronicle reported.

The challenge for Shepherd's defense attorneys was to find jurors who could "compartmentalize" the facts of Stewart's slaying as separate from the bizarre story of what happened to her body, the newspaper said.

"The details are the details, we can't change them, but the details are irrelevant as to whether Tim Shepherd is guilty of murder," said Chip Lewis, Shepherd's defense attorney. "Nothing that happened after Ms. Stewart's death changed the facts about how she died."

Authorities say Shepherd has confessed to many aspects of the slaying. Court records show police recovered 30 pieces of charred bone and hair from Shepherd's apartment, but Lewis contends there's no DNA evidence proving they belonged to Stewart, making it a case without a body, the Chronicle reported.

[quote user="mjg407"]

AG,</p>

Is there a plan to get the MB for mobile? I can't hardly bring it up on my Moto Q. </p>[/quote]

I wish!

With the RSS, you can read the threads in plain text which is much faster but I don't think
    you can post....so there's really no point.

Markets up about 200 points......

Up down, up down up down....enjoy the roller coaster ride!!!

[quote user="mjg407"]Monday, September 29, 2008

(UPI) - Jury selection was under way Monday in the trial of Texas man accused of slaying a woman and cooking her dismembered body on barbecue grills, prosecutors said.

Timothy Wayne Shepherd, 28, of Houston, has been charged with choking his former girlfriend, Texas A&amp;M engineering student Tynesha Stewart, to death, cutting up her body and burning it in grills on his apartment patio, The Houston Chronicle reported.

The challenge for Shepherd's defense attorneys was to find jurors who could "compartmentalize" the facts of Stewart's slaying as separate from the bizarre story of what happened to her body, the newspaper said.

"The details are the details, we can't change them, but the details are irrelevant as to whether Tim Shepherd is guilty of murder," said Chip Lewis, Shepherd's defense attorney. "Nothing that happened after Ms. Stewart's death changed the facts about how she died."

Authorities say Shepherd has confessed to many aspects of the slaying. Court records show police recovered 30 pieces of charred bone and hair from Shepherd's apartment, but Lewis contends there's no DNA evidence proving they belonged to Stewart, making it a case without a body, the Chronicle reported.[/quote]

That's just gross....

<P class=textBodyBlack>James Wilcox, a professor of financial institutions at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, has been surprised by people’s reaction to the plan, which called for setting up a system to let the government buy up billions of dollars in bad mortgage-backed debts from banks and other financial institutions. But he understands why people are feeling confused and unhappy about it.</P>
    <P class=textBodyBlack><SPAN id=byLine></SPAN>“Basically, almost no one bothered to explain to people why they should be in favor of it,” he said.</P>
    <P class=textBodyBlack><SPAN id=byLine></SPAN>Indeed, for many the current financial crisis still feels somewhat abstract. Even as the crisis has toppled financial institutions such as Lehman Bros. and led to the failure of banks including mammoth Washington Mutual, for many Americans the most obvious impact has been that their homes or retirement accounts lost value. </P>
    <P class=textBodyBlack><SPAN id=byLine></SPAN>If the financial crisis spreads further, however, economists say they could start to see more day-to-day impacts, such as that they can’t get a car loan or home equity line of credit, or that their credit card limits are reduced.</P>
    <P class=textBodyBlack><SPAN id=byLine></SPAN>If the crisis continues to spread unchecked, they also could find that their employer isn’t able to borrow the money it needs to buy new equipment or inventory, expand its operations, hire new employees or even pay the ones it already has. </P>
    <P class=textBodyBlack><SPAN id=byLine></SPAN>That could lead to higher unemployment and lower consumer spending, and further weaken an already delicate economy.</P>

Tomorrow we find out if it's armegeddon!!!

Get your water supplies and MRE's ready!!!

BTW: Palin is going to get slammed tomorrow.....

She doesn't have a shot against Biden, and the moderator is a democrat too that just
    wrote a book on Obama....soooo.....[:$]

Ouch, you know Palin has no shot when BOR and his guest don't think too highly of her for
    the debate tomorrow...

Couric needs to thank Palin, she just upped Couric's career.....