All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

U.S Plane forced to land in Iran...not an October surprise...I sincerely hope not.

[quote user="mjg407"]From Reuters:

<h1 class="head">U.S. Plane Forced to Land in Iran</h1>

Let's pray this is a mistake.
    [/quote]

Ouch......in other news, the FBI came out with another terrorist alert.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy it, not for the 100th time and during the election.

It's starting to get a bit "cookie cutter" for me.....polls down? Issue alert....

[quote user="blue in paris"]

Yikes!!! I need to get googling some of the issues talked about here to see how much of this is really fact but my boy Obama... </p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Dy1jAXnIw</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Very interesting.

All-Pro

Remember BIn Laden's video days before the last election...

This getting a little too predictable.

[quote user="Markroman"]Remember BIn Laden's video days before the last election...

This getting a little too predictable.

[/quote]

I know, you can start to get a little crazy with the conspiracy theories and what and how
    the gov't conducted itself...I won't go that far...

I just don't think the public is buying it anymore...we are the country that cried wolf.....

All-Pro

What is destroying the US economy is the spending on Iraq and Afganistan...the irony is Iraq now has a surplus in billions.

a lesson should be learned...the fall of the Soviet Union was the result of the Soviets running out of money by fighting the cold war...their economy could no longer support the military spend needed to control the Soviet empire.

In a lot of ways...the US needs to find other ways to achieve foreign policy objectives without costly wars.

[quote user="Markroman"]What is destroying the US economy is the spending on Iraq and Afganistan...the irony is Iraq now has a surplus in billions.

a lesson should be learned...the fall of the Soviet Union was the result of the Soviets running out of money by fighting the cold war...their economy could no longer support the military spend needed to control the Soviet empire.

In a lot of ways...the US needs to find other ways to achieve foreign policy objectives without costly wars.
    [/quote]

Iraq has a $70 billion surplus I believe. Not only that, there's a new recent project to advertise commercials to get more Iraqi's to join the force etc etc...the media budget runs into the millions...

Americans are paying for that....for whatever reason, we don't want to ask Iraq to tap into their
    own money....

There must be backdoor deals going on because logically it doesn't make any sense.

All-Pro

Next presidential debate could get really nasty....

McCain is slipping in some states he had locked up weeks ago.

By the way...apparently theW. movie coming out is sympathetic (empathetic) to George W...but, slams everyone around him pretty badly...Good ole...Oliver Stone...you know he would never be "over...the...top"

[quote user="Markroman"]Next presidential debate could get really nasty....

McCain is slipping in some states he had locked up weeks ago.

By the way...apparently theW. movie coming out is sympathetic (empathetic) to George W...but, slams everyone around him pretty badly...Good ole...Oliver Stone...you know he would never be "over...the...top"

[/quote]

If you're going to do a movie slamming the administration, have some balls and slam everyone!

Don't just make everyone around Bush look like dumb henchmen.....I don't know if Col. Powell is portrayed in the film since I haven't seen it but I like the guy and think he's a very honorable man....

All-Pro

I think Oliver Stone is completely wacko...and I think he went wacko around the time of JFK...forget about the "conspiracy side of JFK"...it was an awesome movie...with the cuts between color and black and white and flashbacks...everytime I watch it...I pick up a different detail. The COstner monologue at the end was way over the top and destroyed that whole film...(Tommy Lee JOnes as Clay Shaw...incredible).

I thought Nixon could have been a great movie or atleast a great subject for a movie...him being one of the most complex historical figures... I thought it was a very dull dull movie.

Stone basically turns complex historical figures into one dimensional cartoon characters....