Re: Asian giant for HC

<h1>Report: Cowher declined Jets because of Favre</h1><h2>Former Super Bowl-winning coach of Steelers took name off candidates list</h2>
    Talks between Bill Cowher and the New York Jets broke down in part
    because Cowher didn't want to coach Brett Favre, the New York Post
    reported Wednesday, citing anonymous sources.

The Post sources said Cowher didn't want Favre as his quarterback and wanted to bring in his own people to handle personnel.<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>"There's
    no way he's taking Brett Favre as his quarterback," the newspaper
    quoted one person identified only as someone close to Cowher.</p>

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to another ring in '09!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]<h1>Report: Cowher declined Jets because of Favre</h1><h2>Former Super Bowl-winning coach of Steelers took name off candidates list</h2>
    Talks between Bill Cowher and the New York Jets broke down in part
    because Cowher didn't want to coach Brett Favre, the New York Post
    reported Wednesday, citing anonymous sources.

The Post sources said Cowher didn't want Favre as his quarterback and wanted to bring in his own people to handle personnel.<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>"There's
    no way he's taking Brett Favre as his quarterback," the newspaper
    quoted one person identified only as someone close to Cowher.</p>

[/quote]

Favre should have just stayed retired. He's ruining his legacy. Like when Jordan came back for the Wizards.

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]
    Favre should have just stayed retired. He's ruining his legacy. Like when Jordan came back for the Wizards.
    [/quote]

Or Emmit Smith going to the Cardinals etc....

I just hate when athletes can't let it go and are willing to go to another team only to do nothing!!

Jordan playing for the Wizards just looked WAY too weird....and he had that dumb ghoti......

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]
    [/quote]

Or Emmit Smith going to the Cardinals etc....

I just hate when athletes can't let it go and are willing to go to another team only to do nothing!!

Jordan playing for the Wizards just looked WAY too weird....and he had that dumb ghoti......
    [/quote]
    Me either AG. It truly is so horrible. That is what was so great about Strahan and Tiki. I am a huge Laker fan and hope that I never see Kobe in a different jersey.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    Me either AG. It truly is so horrible. That is what was so great about Strahan and Tiki. I am a huge Laker fan and hope that I never see Kobe in a different jersey.
    [/quote]

Well Kobe is still young so he would be very productive on another team. But it is nice to be able to root for your athlete that has a career with just ONE team, it is a rarity nowadays....

We should be able to expect that Eli will retire a Giant, as well as Toomer, Osi and Tuck...

I am betting that Osi and Tuck stick with the Giants to the very end, and we already know that with Toomer. I'm not sure about Steve Smith yet although he has potential as well as Boss.

When Shockey got a new contract a couple years ago? I thought he too was going to retire a Giant....it is probably a good thing now that he isn't!!

Remember when Shaq played for Orlando Magic? It took me awhile to get used to him with the Lakers...

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="NYG_SBXLIII"]

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]

[/quote]</P>

ROTFL....love it!!!</P>

[/quote]

I saw this and it made me think of you. Happy new year. Never forget Phelps 08
    [/quote]</P>

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!! [Y]</P>

What a STELLER way to end the thread for 2008. Mikie is.....da man. Michael Phelps should have been the Time Magazine Man of the Year. Instead they choose to put some guy named Obama on the cover. HOW could politics ever be more important than sports???!!! </P>

Not to get into an anatomical discussion this early in 2009, but MP is one deep breath away from a wardrobe malfunction in that suit.</P>

I know that they hate those new speed suits, in that, it takes 20 minutes to get into it, &amp; they all start unzipping each other in the back, as soon as the race is finished, so that they can breathe, they are so skin tight, but still????!!!! [:$] And when MP just wears his regular speedo's, he looks like he is 1 mm or less, away from letting the world know what "full disclosure" means......LOL</P>

ROTFL.......[][:O][][:O]</P>

I signed up for google alerts for the NYG's. So anything that is written, anywhere around the globe, about the NYG's goes right into an email account that I have, just for the NYG's. Therefore, I canreadthe latest news on the NYG's 24/7/365 on my PC &amp; iPhone, anywhere, anytime.</P>

So I click on &amp; what comes up:</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/1124360.aspx</P>

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that line...."Alright....I'm off to go get drunk. Happy New Year everyone!"</P>

Sounds like a plan to me!!!! [Y]</P>

I will be doing that, as well, as soon I can get these wall to wall, &amp;%$#@*&amp; legal papers out to the rest of the family.</P>

Everytime I need a break, I flip on Momma Mia for 15 minutes, the scenery &amp; waterareto die for. Then I get up to dance my heart out to one of those smokin' hot songs, so my brain is distracted enough to go back and think hard again &amp; my body has had some GREAT exercise....which always makes me think more clearly........woooohoooo.</P>

Happy 2009 everyone!!! [D][B][D] This is going to be a GREAT year! Especially when Tom Coughlin,Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs are all hoisting up that Lombardi IN ONE MONTH!!!! (Can you believe it????!!!!! It seems like you were just telling us that you were heading out for the 1st game of the season, AG, 2 minutes ago......LOL !!!) WHY did the season have to go by SO fast??!!</P>

Tampa, February 1, 2009....book it.</P>

Oops.....forgot!!!!![:|] The FIRST thing I saw, was AG 14-2. CONGRATS!!!!</P>

JG21 is correct....you kick ***, AG [Y][B][Y]</P>

2009 will be Stellar.</P>

Happy New Year everyone!