Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="BigBluePrestige"]

An over-packed NYC E trainduring Halloween. Thisis what mygeneral feelings are of the TAGF at the moment. It's a frickin circus. I wonder where most of those people are typing from??? NY, NJ out of state (does it really matter????)</p>

I mean, you can't possibly be this...errrrrr....delusiuonal in real life??</p>

I think the best one as of yet has been bring Tiki back and trade for Schockey.</p>

Which issue do you guys think Jerry will address first in the offseason? </p>

Jacob's contract is my guess.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Hello, welcome to the thread.....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no love for hixon AG?[/quote]
    Hixon is a dangerous return man, but not a great primary receiver. I think Ward will be replaced next year by Ware, unless we draft a better RB.
    [/quote]

yea return man is what i was referring...

I think he'd be a GREAT support WR like a #2 possibly/#3

I think Bradshaw replaces Ward, and Ware replaces Bradshaw[/quote]

No offense to Ward, but he's fools gold for anyone that gets him. I gotta run to lunch now but I will explain my thoughts on that. Don't get me wrong, Ward has been stellar for us...

MJ probably knows where I'm about to go with this one....

But in any case, I hope the Giants can somehow get someone really great for him....the Giants will benefit more....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="BigBluePrestige"]

An over-packed NYC E trainduring Halloween. Thisis what mygeneral feelings are of the TAGF at the moment. It's a frickin circus. I wonder where most of those people are typing from??? NY, NJ out of state (does it really matter????)</P>

I mean, you can't possibly be this...errrrrr....delusiuonal in real life??</P>

I think the best one as of yet has been bring Tiki back and trade for Schockey.</P>

Which issue do you guys think Jerry will address first in the offseason? </P>

Jacob's contract is my guess.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hope I'm not intruding but it would be a breathe of fresh air to actually have some real Giant football talk somewhere ya know. I mean this is probably my only hope, aside from david's rants.</P>

"I feel like i'm taking crazy pills"</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no love for hixon AG?[/quote]

Oh no, I love Hixon!

He's good for KR, but I want him to start getting used to being our WR and step up big time. He's done more than we can ask for this season. We know that TC won't use him anymore on ST because he's too important now with Plax being absent...
    [/quote]

see i don't understand why u can't take back kicks and be a Wr. Plenty of people have done it. And plus i mean were def gonna get a #1 WR this year, wether its plax or bryant or not. If Steve Smith (car) and Santana Moss can do it, so can HIX!!

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no love for hixon AG?[/quote]
    Hixon is a dangerous return man, but not a great primary receiver.* I think Ward will be replaced next year by Ware, unless we draft a better RB.
    [/quote]

yea return man is what i was referring...

I think he'd be a GREAT support WR like a #2 possibly/#3

I think Bradshaw replaces Ward, and Ware replaces Bradshaw[/quote]

No offense to Ward, but he's fools gold for anyone that gets him. I gotta run to lunch now but I will explain my thoughts on that. Don't get me wrong, Ward has been stellar for us...

MJ probably knows where I'm about to go with this one....

But in any case, I hope the Giants can somehow get someone really great for him....the Giants will benefit more....
    [/quote]

No I think I know what your getting at. My thoughts on ward is that he is not a #1 back period. But in a combo running game I think he would be gold. But only in certain. Like I don't think he'd be good at Lendale White's combo job. I think he would be good in Philly or NO or NYG

[quote user="BigBluePrestige"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="BigBluePrestige"]

An over-packed NYC E train*during Halloween.* This*is what my*general feelings are of the TAGF at the moment.* It's a frickin circus.* I wonder where most of those people are typing from??? NY, NJ out of state (does it really matter????)*</P>

I mean, you can't possibly be this...errrrrr....delusiuonal in real life??</P>

I think the best one as of yet has been bring Tiki back and trade for Schockey.</P>

Which issue do you guys think Jerry will address first in the offseason? </P>

Jacob's contract is my guess.</P>

*</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Thanks for the warm welcome!* Hope I'm not intruding but it would be a breathe of fresh air to actually have some real Giant football talk somewhere ya know.* I mean this is probably my only hope, aside from david's rants.</P>

"I feel like i'm taking crazy pills"</P>[/quote]

lol im trying to battle the trolls into nonexistance....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no love for hixon AG?[/quote]

Oh no, I love Hixon!

He's good for KR, but I want him to start getting used to being our WR and step up big time. He's done more than we can ask for this season. We know that TC won't use him anymore on ST because he's too important now with Plax being absent...
    [/quote]

see i don't understand why u can't take back kicks and be a Wr. Plenty of people have done it. And plus i mean were def gonna get a #1 WR this year, wether its plax or bryant or not. If Steve Smith (car) and Santana Moss can do it, so can HIX!![/quote]

Oh yeah, lots of players do it, but it's not TC's way. TC is too conservative to put anyone that is remotely capable of helping this team win on any position that can hurt them. When was the last time we saw Tuck on ST? We tried Moss because he's been useless to us as WR and now we see that he's also useless on ST...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no love for hixon AG?[/quote]

Oh no, I love Hixon!

[/quote]

see i don't understand why u can't take back kicks and be a Wr. Plenty of people have done it. And plus i mean were def gonna get a #1 WR this year, wether its plax or bryant or not. If Steve Smith (car) and Santana Moss can do it, so can HIX!![/quote]

Oh yeah, lots of players do it, but it's not TC's way. TC is too conservative to put anyone that is remotely capable of helping this team win on any position that can hurt them. When was the last time we saw Tuck on ST? We tried Moss because he's been useless to us as WR and now we see that he's also useless on ST...

[/quote]

well i mean being a body out there on ST is different than a return man. I can understand not having Tuck out there, but the guy getting the ball shouldn't make a difference... especially if we're talking about a WR in THIS offense.

I semi-understood it during the regular season when Hix was our #1, but he won't be our #1 next year, hes gotta go back

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

No I think I know what your getting at. My thoughts on ward is that he is not a #1 back period. But in a combo running game I think he would be gold. But only in certain. Like I don't think he'd be good at Lendale White's combo job. I think he would be good in Philly or NO or NYG [/quote]

Exactly. Ward thrives because he's in the right system with the right players. (BJ softening the defense).
    How was Ward AND Bradshaw when BJ got hurt? They were pretty much shutdown weren't they?

So it is our system as well as BJ taking the early game blows that allows Ward to do his thing. Also, if you look at his history, he is VERY injury prone, as well as BJ.

It is ONLY because we have a 3 headed monster that Ward hasn't gotten injured. Even with the 3 headed backs, BJ still got hurt....as great as he is, he's always limping off the field. We have to continue to use BJ correctly and "sparingly".

Go look at Ward's history with the Giants and you will quite a list of injuries WHILE we had Tiki as our starter.

Now put Ward on any other team and make him a #1 starter and he will get exposed.

That's why the Giants will have the better end of the deal if they can get a great player in return for Ward....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well i mean being a body out there on ST is different than a return man. I can understand not having Tuck out there, but the guy getting the ball shouldn't make a difference... especially if we're talking about a WR in THIS offense.

I semi-understood it during the regular season when Hix was our #1, but he won't be our #1 next year, hes gotta go back[/quote]

I think the falcons have this norwood guy that's their return man? He's pretty quick. I don't know what his status is, but he would be good for us. I think he burned us a couple of times.

It's not just TC though, I don't think they have Hester returning anymore right? Because now they are prepping him to be part of their offense more....