All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

New DC has been named...thoughts?

[quote user="Chopper"]New DC has been named...thoughts?
    [/quote]</P>

on one hand, i am sad we didn't go splashy with a , yes i'll say it, "BIG NAME" candidate.</P>

on the other, i think it was smart to keep it in-house as this guy has been here for the last 4 years (according to NYG mainpage); and therefore it is very likely that we will still see many of the same Defensive Schemes as when Spags was here, not all, mind you, but probably many of them.</P>

When a "New Guy" comes there is always turmoil and shake-ups as the "New Guy" brings "his" system and "his" ideas etc.</P>

So all in all, i am on the fence and can only wait to see what transpires.</P>

what do you think about Ward as a possibility for trade bait to bring in a legit #1 WR or Special Team KR, especially if Plax really is done as a Jint???</P>

Post-Edit:</P>

on more thought, going "in-house" and not bringing in another "dominant" personality ALSO insures Coughlin is the Lead Dog and no one challenges his authority. </P>

living here in chitcago and witnessing the Lovie Smith experiment i can tell you that this sort of Coaching Staff could become very disatrous. ask the knowledgeable bear fan (if you can find one); about the significance of Ron Rivera being shipped out to san diego and just how that really effected the bear D ???</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]</p>

on one hand, i am sad we didn't go splashy with a , yes i'll say it, "BIG NAME" candidate.</p>

on the other, i think it was smart to keep it in-house as this guy has been here for the last 4 years (according to NYG mainpage); and therefore it is very likely that we will still see many of the same Defensive Schemes as when Spags was here, not all, mind you, but probably many of them.</p>

When a "New Guy" comes there is always turmoil and shake-ups as the "New Guy" brings "his" system and "his" ideas etc.</p>

So all in all, i am on the fence and can only wait to see what transpires.</p>

what do you think about Ward as a possibility for trade bait to bring in a legit #1 WR or Special Team KR, especially if Plax really is done as a Jint???</p>

Post-Edit:</p>

on more thought, going "in-house" and not bringing in another "dominant" personality ALSO insures Coughlin is the Lead Dog and no one challenges his authority. </p>

living here in chitcago and witnessing the Lovie Smith experiment i can tell you that this sort of Coaching Staff could become very disatrous. ask the knowledgeable bear fan (if you can find one); about the significance of Ron Rivera being shipped out to san diego and just how that really effected the bear D ???</p>[/quote]

I like in-house, less drama with new faces...

As for Ward, he is free agent, so we have no leverage with him...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]</P>

on one hand, i am sad we didn't go splashy with a , yes i'll say it, "BIG NAME" candidate.</P>

on the other, i think it was smart to keep it in-house as this guy has been here for the last 4 years (according to NYG mainpage); and therefore it is very likely that we will still see many of the same Defensive Schemes as when Spags was here, not all, mind you, but probably many of them.</P>

When a "New Guy" comes there is always turmoil and shake-ups as the "New Guy" brings "his" system and "his" ideas etc.</P>

what do you think about Ward as a possibility for trade bait to bring in a legit #1 WR or Special Team KR, especially if Plax really is done as a Jint???</P>

on more thought, going "in-house" and not bringing in another "dominant" personality ALSO insures Coughlin is the Lead Dog and no one challenges his authority. </P>

living here in chitcago and witnessing the Lovie Smith experiment i can tell you that this sort of Coaching Staff could become very disatrous. ask the knowledgeable bear fan (if you can find one); about the significance of Ron Rivera being shipped out to san diego and just how that really effected the bear D ???</P>[/quote]

Just curious, what big name did u want for DC? There were really none out there, that were going for DC anyway.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]</P>

living here in chitcago and witnessing the Lovie Smith experiment i can tell you that this sort of Coaching Staff could become very disatrous. ask the knowledgeable bear fan (if you can find one); about the significance of Ron Rivera being shipped out to san diego and just how that really effected the bear D ???</P>

[/quote] Just curious, what big name did u want for DC? There were really none out there, that were going for DC anyway.[/quote]</P>

well, it's completely mute and meaningless now, but Dom Capers for example (who signed with GB), or funny as it may be, Rod Marinelli, Jim Haslett... i don't know.</P>

i thought maybe we would wait a few weeks to see who else would be released and perhaps based on who was available, make a hire.</P>

but staying in-house does indicate that perhaps we will see the Defense remain with the core of Spag's Philly-based aggressive run-blitz schemes so i have some optimism regards to Sheridan.</P>

actually what i really wonder about is Gilbride's future? at one point i thought i heard that Chokeland was interested in hiring him.</P>

as for Ward he will probably leave in pursuit of a starting job somewhere...just hope he leaves the Div and if possible the Conference.</P>

-GY76</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Okay Secret Service be on your toes today....

with all the comparisons to Lincoln and Kennedy and MLK its like they want something to happen....

[quote user="bansaw"]Okay Secret Service be on your toes today....

with all the comparisons to Lincoln and Kennedy and MLK its like they want something to happen....
    [/quote]

Oh wow, I didn't even connect the dots!! I just realized now after the way you said it....

AG, I PM'd you

[quote user="bansaw"]Okay Secret Service be on your toes today....

[/quote]

they are going to have to be on their toes for the next 8 years
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bansaw"]Okay Secret Service be on your toes today....

[/quote]

they are going to have to be on their toes for the next 8 years[/quote]

That they are