Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Dookie is one of my favorite albums. Nirvana/Pearl Jam were also great bands. Never really got into Foo Fighters, they seemed to have missed something, maybe I was looking for Cobain, not the drummer to be lead vocal...who knows....

No Doubt is also a good band, as well Sublime.(RIP)

The so called bands these days have a very artificial feel to it.

As for KR, there will always be hot chicks on any show, commercial, they failed because they thought viewers would only care for hot chicks with very sub-par acting and very bad CGI. The hot chicks doesn't do it anymore because they are just too accessible in any venue......

heck, you can pick up a golf magazine and find hot chicks in that....
    [/quote]

Took me a while to get into Foo Fighters... I just couldn't imagine Grohl as the frontman... but they wore off on me and now I love 'em.

London Calling is the greatest album I've ever heard

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Dookie is one of my favorite albums. Nirvana/Pearl Jam were also great bands. Never really got into Foo Fighters, they seemed to have missed something, maybe I was looking for Cobain, not the drummer to be lead vocal...who knows....

As for KR, there will always be hot chicks on any show, commercial, they failed because they thought viewers would only care for hot chicks with very sub-par acting and very bad CGI. The hot chicks doesn't do it anymore because they are just too accessible in any venue......

[/quote]

Took me a while to get into Foo Fighters... I just couldn't imagine Grohl as the frontman... but they wore off on me and now I love 'em.

[/quote]

They had some good songs. I don't think at the success level of Nirvana though.

Weezer is an ok band too...I think you have to get used to their style of music...

I need to update my iphone with some new bands....you can only listen to the same old bands so much...

If you have any suggestions let me know....

Wow, Gibril released! IMHO Gibril is >>>> Butler. It would be a nice safety rotation with Johnson, Gibril, and Phillips.

[quote user="mjg407"]Wow, Gibril released! IMHO Gibril is >>>> Butler. It would be a nice safety rotation with Johnson, Gibril, and Phillips.
    [/quote]

WHAT? LOL what happened? That's amazing, he got PAID then....all that cash for just one year?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Dookie is one of my favorite albums. Nirvana/Pearl Jam were also great bands. Never really got into Foo Fighters, they seemed to have missed something, maybe I was looking for Cobain, not the drummer to be lead vocal...who knows....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Weezer is an ok band too...I think you have to get used to their style of music...

I need to update my iphone with some new bands....you can only listen to the same old bands so much...

[/quote]</P>

Iwas a bartenderwhile in college , late seventies early eighties , at a mostly hard rock n roll club. A few of those bandswent on to become fairly successful. I still like Areosmith and ones of that type. Amazing there still @ it. Found I could catch a lot of goodtunes of different categories on the 800 channel numbers on cablevision with no commercials. Nickelback and a few othersI thought was pretty close to the "old days".WBAB onLongIsland seems to play Led Zepplin every other song when not in commercial. Drives me nuts. It's gotten the point where if I never heard anotherZepplin song it would'nt bother me</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Dookie is one of my favorite albums. Nirvana/Pearl Jam were also great bands. Never really got into Foo Fighters, they seemed to have missed something, maybe I was looking for Cobain, not the drummer to be lead vocal...who knows....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Iwas a bartenderwhile in college , late seventies early eighties , at a mostly hard rock n roll club. A few of those bandswent on to become fairly successful. I still like Areosmith and ones of that type. Amazing there still @ it. Found I could catch a lot of goodtunes of different categories on the 800 channel numbers on cablevision with no commercials. Nickelback and a few othersI thought was pretty close to the "old days".WBAB onLongIsland seems to play Led Zepplin every other song when not in commercial. Drives me nuts. It's gotten the point where if I never heard anotherZepplin song it would'nt bother me</p>[/quote]

I'll have to give that 800 channel a shot, I didn't know about it....

Arguably the greatest piece of child molestation memorabilia is
    going up for auction in April. Pop sensation Michael Jackson might be
    feeling the pinch of these trying economic times, as he’s announced
    that he’ll be selling off various crap from the molestation Mecca known
    as Neverland Ranch. From Press Association :
    <blockquote>

Personal belongings, costumes, furniture and art are
    among the items going under the hammer at Los Angeles’ Beverly Hilton
    hotel in April.</p>

A signed oil-painting of Jackson dressed as a king, valued between £2,800 and £4,200 is being offered for sale, alongside a golf cart featuring the singer depicted as Peter Pan, expected to fetch up to £4,200 [almost $6,000].</p></blockquote>

“Hey. Kid. Wanna head upstairs into my bed? I have candy in there.
    No? What if we take my golf cart? See, it has a picture of me dressed
    as Peter Pan. Sure, you can drive. If you take your pants off. Say,
    kid. You like The Beatles?” </p>

Zeppelin's done to death (pretty much only pay attention to Ramble On, Levee, Kashmir), as for Aerosmith i prefer their older stuff circa 70s/80s (Dream On, Season of Winter, Ragdoll)...

i find that Classic Rock, 90s early-to-mid Grunge/Alternative, 80s-1996 Hip-Hop, and the occasional random 96-present song keep me interested.

i don't mind the Fighters, some Audioslave (Cornell was waaay better with Soundgarden), certain Nickelback songs...

as for Punk, i remember back in the late 90s getting plugged into Skinny Puppy and Mindless Self-Indulgence...

True Rock like Hip-Hop is dead.

as for KR and other similiar "Hot Babe Pseudo-drama-action shows", you're right AG, a pretty face and smokin' body only goes so far....

as for Mike Jackson, the 80s were the best for him, i liked his music, though not him, up until the Invincible Album. Like ARod, i appreciated his work though the human being behind it never garnered much in respect from me.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="mjg407"]Arguably the greatest piece of child molestation memorabilia is
    going up for auction in April. Pop sensation Michael Jackson might be
    feeling the pinch of these trying economic times, as he’s announced
    that he’ll be selling off various crap from the molestation Mecca known
    as Neverland Ranch. From Press Association :
    <blockquote>

Personal belongings, costumes, furniture and art are
    among the items going under the hammer at Los Angeles’ Beverly Hilton
    hotel in April.</p>

A signed oil-painting of Jackson dressed as a king, valued between £2,800 and £4,200 is being offered for sale, alongside a golf cart featuring the singer depicted as Peter Pan, expected to fetch up to £4,200 [almost $6,000].</p></blockquote>

“Hey. Kid. Wanna head upstairs into my bed? I have candy in there.
    No? What if we take my golf cart? See, it has a picture of me dressed
    as Peter Pan. Sure, you can drive. If you take your pants off. Say,
    kid. You like The Beatles?” </p>[/quote]

Don't forget Jesus Juice or whatever he called it...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love listening to the same old stuff... been listening to my music for like 5 years now. I've heard the songs so many times already, but I don't mind listening to it again and again... some days I just don't listen to music except when I am driving...

I'm always looking for new bands to like, but I can't find anything that suits me. I tried listening to 1980s hardcore punk, but that did nothing for me... the 70s stuff is WAY better than the 80s stuff...

My iPod has had the same 12, 13 bands on it since I've gotten it. A couple of bands I found via iTunes had brief stays there and then I took them off... it was kinda like "I've got an 80 gig iPod, let me put as much music as a possibly can on it." and then half the stuff I put on wasn't particularly good... I would like to get into a couple of other bands, but I just don't know what to listen to...