Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="SEC105"]When did this Message Board start and who were some of the original members?[/quote]

Do you mean this particular thread?
    [/quote]</p>

No , I was wondering when the originalGiantMessage Board [this one]started and who were some of the first posters?</p>[/quote]

That I'm not sure. I mean you have some vets who have been here for a long time like AG, Harooni, JG21 and most if not all of the moderators. But alot of people who had accounts like myself lost their accounts when they changed to the "new" boards in 2006. But before that I'm sure these boards have been around for years. I've been posting on the boards since 2003 but I lost my account when the new boards launched and my post count went with it. So my restart date says Nov. of 2006.

[/quote]

This is the 3rg generation MB from the Giants. Before this, we had Invision boards around 2001 - 2003/4, not sure which year it switched. Before 2001, they had really really low end forums before message boards became the norm.....I was on the boards back then, but when they switched to Invision everyone started from scratch.

Then I suppose from Invision to AE boards, the transition was smooth for some but not others....

hahaha....

I don't know if you guys can see this if you look outside but it is pretty cool. It is the shadow of the Earth around the sun.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I don't know if you guys can see this if you look outside but it is pretty cool. It is the shadow of the Earth around the sun.

[/quote]

It's called a sun dog apparently. I was equally amazed when i saw one when i was in Minneapolis a couple months back. i had gon though before the whole thing was over the horizon.

here's my photo of it.

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="bigblue4417"]I don't know if you guys can see this if you look outside but it is pretty cool. It is the shadow of the Earth around the sun.

[/quote]

It's called a sun dog apparently. I was equally amazed when i saw one when i was in Minneapolis a couple months back. i had gon though before the whole thing was over the horizon.
    [/quote]

Amazing! I've never heard of this....how often does it happen? It looks cool...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

it's not that common. you'll maybe notice it once or twice a year i imagine. mainly because you don't ever tend to look right at the sun.

darned double post! i forgot all about that happening!

[quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

it's not that common. you'll maybe notice it once or twice a year i imagine. mainly because you don't ever tend to look right at the sun.
    [/quote]

Once or twice a year is common to me. I thought this was one of those once every 10 years kinda thing....looks great though....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Once or twice a year is common to me. I thought this was one of those once every 10 years kinda thing....looks great though....
    [/quote]

it also happens with the moon. and that's even more impressive because of all the stars around. i had a photo of that once, but my hard drive busted up and i lost it.