Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]Great...looks like an Iran confrontation late fall.

expect heating costs to skyrocket just in time for winter
    [/quote]</P>

It's truly amazing how these events always give them the reason to raise prices at the pump just before any holiday when people travel a lot motre. It'll happen just before our Thanksgiving, Christmas, your Boxer Day, etc. Who knows, they may bless us with a nice increase just before all of them, because of the lull in Holidays until Easter.</P>

I don't know, it just seems that way to me.</P>

Whoops, Memorial Day is coming up. Iran just sneezed... Price Increase!</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    Well said, I added #6 to the list but for some reason the boards didn't accept it. Anyways, #6 was MEDICINE!! Can't beleive I forgot that. Innovation in medicine, remote robotic surgery....everyone knows to come to the US if you want a high success rate for surgery.

But I agree with what you said, at some point, it doesn't matter how much "freedom" we want other countries to have. Heck if they don't want it, it's none of our business and we need to get the heck out.

Our own country has many needs. Aging infrastructure for one.

How about the decline of manufacturing? Let's bring it back, or find other products to manufacture.

Let's get back to basics and become a PRODUCING nation again. Not just a nation of consuming and importing our food/products.

[/quote]</P>

Sure would love to see them bring some manufacturing back here. But, with the low cost of labor in Mexico, South America, and Asia -from IndiatoEast Asia, there's little chance that we'll get apparels, sneakers, many chemicals, autos, TV's, and countless other industries/products back. Yes, new products are needed, but they seem to start here, succeed, and then depart to cheaper labor sources.</P>

Our unions and their inefficiencies of time management is a big problem. And,recently we've seen the abuse of bonuses, etc. in the management side. Everyone has their hand out, and expect big pay without giving back efficient and effective performance. It's always, "How much can I squeeze out of the company (my deservedshare), yet give back as little as possible (To the big bad/rich wolf)." That mentality is rife in our biggest companies.</P>

Watching Strahan's Brothers show....

[:O]

don't quit The NFL on FOX Mikey

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    Well said, I added #6 to the list but for some reason the boards didn't accept it. Anyways, #6 was MEDICINE!! Can't beleive I forgot that. Innovation in medicine, remote robotic surgery....everyone knows to come to the US if you want a high success rate for surgery.

But I agree with what you said, at some point, it doesn't matter how much "freedom" we want other countries to have. Heck if they don't want it, it's none of our business and we need to get the heck out.

Our own country has many needs. Aging infrastructure for one.

How about the decline of manufacturing? Let's bring it back, or find other products to manufacture.

Let's get back to basics and become a PRODUCING nation again. Not just a nation of consuming and importing our food/products.

[/quote]</p>

Sure would love to see them bring some manufacturing back here. But, with the low cost of labor in Mexico, South America, and Asia -from IndiatoEast Asia, there's little chance that we'll get apparels, sneakers, many chemicals, autos, TV's, and countless other industries/products back. Yes, new products are needed, but they seem to start here, succeed, and then depart to cheaper labor sources.</p>

Our unions and their inefficiencies of time management is a big problem. And,recently we've seen the abuse of bonuses, etc. in the management side. Everyone has their hand out, and expect big pay without giving back efficient and effective performance. It's always, "How much can I squeeze out of the company (my deservedshare), yet give back as little as possible (To the big bad/rich wolf)." That mentality is rife in our biggest companies.</p>[/quote]

Even if we decided to manufacture again, we would need to practically start from scratch. Our machinery is outdated. We are years behind what we would need to do NOW.

But here's food for thought.

Say the US dollar becomes devalued. Asian economy begins to prosper. Now THEY find that it is cheaper (currency exchange rates) to actually have Americans do the manufacturing than their own!

Unions have been given WAY too much power. What once was just a thought to protect workers has now become an unstoppable entity. I have no problem with a workers bill of rights in some form so that pay is fair.

But unions have taken that idea and has exagerrated workers compensation.

What you said earlier was spot on and I've mentioned this before with my friends. We may innovate, but we then take that technology to be mass produced elsewhere.

So the big corporations get the bulk of the profits. Sure, they may pay engineers/programmers/innovators handsomely, but they don't outnumber the workers made to assemble the objects...

A better idea would have been to keep the manufacturing here, but import the components. This way, we control the assembly, and the majority of our economy.

As it is now, if foreign countries want to turn their boats around, we are in BIG trouble...

ahmejinijad on Larry King at 9

over/under 3 weeks until Israel attacks Iran

poor Larry, these guys aren't letting him take the morale high ground anymore. asks about the police brutality after Irans elections - he gets a "did you see the news from Pittsburg today

oh god Larry retire, this guy and Hugo are playing him like a fiddle

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"]over/under 3 weeks until Israel attacks Iran

poor Larry, these guys aren't letting him take the morale high ground anymore. asks about the police brutality after Irans elections - he gets a "did you see the news from Pittsburg today

[/quote]</P>

it never ****in ends with the middle east.. atleast it seems all countries are united in stopping this. </P>

</P>

here's a scary story.. Zazi's excuse for the hair products was he had lots of girlfriends..</P>

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/zazi-a...ory?id=8662211</P>

</P>

[quote user="bansaw"]over/under 3 weeks until Israel attacks Iran

[/quote]

My cable went out so I didn't get to see it but if that's what happened.....DOH!!

Wow, I hate to say it but that's a classic! LOL...

Things getting a little bit more scary....

<h1>Israel Urges U.S. to Take Action Over New Iranian Nuclear Facility</h1>
    <h2>Netanyahu spoke with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and a number of unidentified U.S. senators and told them that now is the time
    to act on Iran.
    </h2>

Oh ****!!!