Re: Asian giant for HC

Thanks for the kind words AG.

Today was hectic and tomorrow will be just as busy as I have to head to the unemployment office.

They let 300 of us go the other day. 300.

About 8 months prior they laid off roughly the same number...so the writing was on the wall ya' know?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Thanks for the kind words AG.

Today was hectic and tomorrow will be just as busy as I have to head to the unemployment office.
    They let 300 of us go the other day. 300.

About 8 months prior they laid off roughly the same number...so the writing was on the wall ya' know?[/quote]</P>

Sorry to hear that news GY..............Stay strong and things WILL get better............"When one doors closes another opens" My thoughts go out to you on the death in the family.....it's never easy</P>

Thanks SEC105, I do appreciate the thoughts.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bansaw"]
    anyone else think that guy who made the Should Obama be Killed poll on Facebook just made his life very very complicated []

that meeting with Secret Service coming up should be a lot of fun
    [/quote]</P>

First I've heard of it. .........................but when the Secret Service informs you they want to speak with you....................yes you've opened one big ugly can of worms LOL</P>

[/quote]

Yeah, I may not align myself with Obama politically, but that has got to be the dumbest test of free speech I've ever seen. Well, I guess short of saying you'll actually do it.

It also all really depends how political they want to make this. Unless they find nazi collectables in his home, it's probably just a dumb kid wanting attention with extreme poor judgement.

they could either slap him on the wrist with a little fee, or they could really end the guys career.

[/quote] My guess is his facebook posting days are over for the next 10 years or so LOL Probably was some kid so his parents are going to have answer who was watching over this on another topic....... Didn't Khadafi sp look like a walking corpse during his rambling tirade at the UN last week?[/quote]

The whole UN thing is such a sham. It obviously doesn't work. And it hasn't stopped any wars either. We should save our money (UN gets most of its funds from the US) and use it to fix our own house!

Unfortunately Washington will probably spend all the money on themselves...

[/quote]</P>

I'm a big believer in fixing our own house first also. Ridiculous what happened after Katrina down in New Orleans as an example......... yet we are expected to be the first ones to help other countries after a disaster............. something wrong with the logic there</P>

About the best thing the UN does is itgives these nutjob leaders a public forum toso they canshow the world just how crazy some of them are....that and these foreign diplomats can really wrack up parking tickets [which they never pay]in the city</P>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]hi all, over the weekend my wife lost a cousin to Leukemia and today I was laid-off.

(I really think i should have stayed in the Army)

Keep our Family in prayer if you will.

Thanks.
    [/quote]Buddy,
    My condolences, and hope all gets better.
    Michael

Tiger Woods hit another milestone over the weekend. </p>

</p>

But his most recent record wasn't set on the golf course but, rather, should have a positive effect on his bank account.</p>

The
    $10 million bonus Woods received by winning the FedEx Cup title makes
    him the first athlete to earn $1 billion, Forbes.com reported.</p>

Woods
    had earned $895 million going into 2009, according to Forbes.com.
    Adding the $10.5 million in prize money from this season, the FedEx
    bonus and more than $100 million in annual off-the-course earnings,
    Woods has topped the 10-figure mark.</p>

Michael Jordan and Michael
    Schumacher are the only athletes, according to Forbes.com, who even
    come close to Woods. Jordan has earned $800 million since he entered
    the NBA in 1984 and Schumacher $700 million, by the Web site's count.</p>

Woods, who is 33, has 95 professional wins including 71 on the PGA Tour. He has also won 14 majors.</p>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Keep our Family in prayer if you will.[/quote]
    Sorry GY. You are a good dude. NO one deserves that. I am sure you and your beautiful family will make it through this just like you have through everything else. If you ever need to talk or whatever I am here for you. I wish I could do more.

mjg, bigblue4417:

Thanks. One step at a time...we're heading to Indiana tomorrow morning to be with the Family.

Then on Monday I'm off to the DHS (Dept Human Services) with a bundle of paperwork to get the ball rolling on emergency needs.

My wife and I are thinking that going back to school and using what's left of my GI Bill will be the way to go. As an Illinois Vet, if I attend an IL funded school, my Tuition and select other fees will be either waived or picked up by Uncle Sam.

The problem here is that I don't know what it is that I want to pursue.

The 1st time i went to school i studied EST and Low-Voltage (1 and 2 phase electricity). Truthfully i can keep shopping this skill set but with so many massive Statewide lay-offs who knows who or when I get picked up based upon this skillset?

Anyway one issue at a time gents...and thanks for the concern. [B]

-Kevin

K,
    What about reenlisting? Guard or reserves? I know it would be tough on the family, but any other reasons? Best of luck to you.
    Michael

I haven't been able to find anything good in over a year now....just getting by

then got a Facebook message from my sister-in-law today saying she lost her job after 23 years....

it could be worse though