Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="mjg407"]Please tell me again why we signed a long contract with Tynes?
    [/quote]</P>

They brought in a couple of kickers for a look this week. I think Matt Bryant was one of em but not positive</P>

[/quote]

I've always felt Tynes was a head case. He confirmed it to me last year when he told the press he was the starting kicker but Coughlin never made such comments. As it turns out, he wasn't the starting kicker.

There's something about him that's just not right...oh yeah...his noggin....
    [/quote]</P>

LOL Yeah , something with him seems a little off kilter but it's that way with many of the kickers. Remember a few years back when Van Derjaqt spticked off Peyton. He made some comment to a reporter when he loaded and Peyton called him "our idiot kicker"</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="mjg407"]Please tell me again why we signed a long contract with Tynes?
    [/quote]</p>

They brought in a couple of kickers for a look this week. I think Matt Bryant was one of em but not positive</p>

[/quote]

I've always felt Tynes was a head case. He confirmed it to me last year when he told the press he was the starting kicker but Coughlin never made such comments. As it turns out, he wasn't the starting kicker.

[/quote]</p>

LOL Yeah , something with him seems a little off kilter but it's that way with many of the kickers. Remember a few years back when Van Derjaqt spticked off Peyton. He made some comment to a reporter when he loaded and Peyton called him "our idiot kicker"</p>[/quote]

Yeah, and what's funny is he got paid BIG TIME to go to Dallas and he totally effed up...

Where the heck is he now anyways?

Peyton was just tired of having to score 100 points in order to win a game since their defense on average isn't up to par with their offense. So sometimes the team would simply need their kicker to win a game for them and I guess he just sucked...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

They brought in a couple of kickers for a look this week. I think Matt Bryant was one of em but not positive</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

LOL Yeah , something with him seems a little off kilter but it's that way with many of the kickers. Remember a few years back when Van Derjaqt spticked off Peyton. He made some comment to a reporter when he loaded and Peyton called him "our idiot kicker"</P>

[/quote]

Yeah, and what's funny is he got paid BIG TIME to go to Dallas and he totally effed up...

Where the heck is he now anyways?

Peyton was just tired of having to score 100 points in order to win a game since their defense on average isn't up to par with their offense. So sometimes the team would simply need their kicker to win a game for them and I guess he just sucked...

[/quote]</P>

I'm not sure if VanDerjagt [again sp] is playing in the NFL anymore. I do remember that big kick for the Colts against theSteelers [after Bettis fumbled @ the one]in the playoffs a few years back where he missed and broke the Colts hearts </P>

Do you think Tynes should be replaced?</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

I'm not sure if VanDerjagt [again sp] is playing in the NFL anymore. I do remember that big kick for the Colts against theSteelers [after Bettis fumbled @ the one]in the playoffs a few years back where he missed and broke the Colts hearts </p>

Do you think Tynes should be replaced?</p>[/quote]

Oh yeah, if they had Adam Vinetari back then, they probably would have 2 SB rings right now.
    Vinetari was the key and it was a smart move. I think he had a playoff record of 5 kicks against the Ravens that year the Colts won the SB. There is no way Vanderjack would have been able to do that, thus Colts would have not made the SB, and Eli would be the only Manning with a ring! ha!

Yes I honestly do think Tynes should be replaced, but unforutnately I don't know who.

See, he seems to be able to make pretty good pressure kicks, and he seems to slack off on the simple kicks like that 29 yard kick. And if you also notice, some of his kicks are borderline about to hit the poles!!

He just seems like a guy that's taking his job for granted and turns it on only when he needs to.

Carney may have been older, but he seemed to really want to play for the Giants and put everything into his kicks....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

I'm not sure if VanDerjagt [again sp] is playing in the NFL anymore. I do remember that big kick for the Colts against theSteelers [after Bettis fumbled @ the one]in the playoffs a few years back where he missed and broke the Colts hearts </P>

[/quote]

Oh yeah, if they had Adam Vinetari back then, they probably would have 2 SB rings right now.
    Vinetari was the key and it was a smart move. I think he had a playoff record of 5 kicks against the Ravens that year the Colts won the SB. There is no way Vanderjack would have been able to do that, thus Colts would have not made the SB, and Eli would be the only Manning with a ring! ha!

Yes I honestly do think Tynes should be replaced, but unforutnately I don't know who.

See, he seems to be able to make pretty good pressure kicks, and he seems to slack off on the simple kicks like that 29 yard kick. And if you also notice, some of his kicks are borderline about to hit the poles!!

He just seems like a guy that's taking his job for granted and turns it on only when he needs to.

Carney may have been older, but he seemed to really want to play for the Giants and put everything into his kicks....

[/quote]</P>

I liked Carney tooand his accuracy was unbelievable last year until the playoff game. He also missed a big PAT for the Saints a few years back after they made a great comeback so that worries about heavy pressure time</P>

Right now I like what TC is doing with Tynes........keep himon a short leash and let him know .........shape up or ship out</P>

The problem I see is there just are not many Adam Viniteris around so who knows what we'll get if we replace Tynes just my thought </P>

</P>

Vanderjadt was kicking for the Argos last year, then during training camp this year he asked to be released to go home to his family, he'd had enough and wanted to spend the time with his kids

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

I'm not sure if VanDerjagt [again sp] is playing in the NFL anymore. I do remember that big kick for the Colts against theSteelers [after Bettis fumbled @ the one]in the playoffs a few years back where he missed and broke the Colts hearts </p>

Do you think Tynes should be replaced?</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I liked Carney tooand his accuracy was unbelievable last year until the playoff game. He also missed a big PAT for the Saints a few years back after they made a great comeback so that worries about heavy pressure time</p>

Right now I like what TC is doing with Tynes........keep himon a short leash and let him know .........shape up or ship out</p>

The problem I see is there just are not many Adam Viniteris around so who knows what we'll get if we replace Tynes just my thought </p>

</p>[/quote]Vinateri has been just as bad as Tynes this year. Funny both teams are 4-0 in spite of them

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I liked Carney tooand his accuracy was unbelievable last year until the playoff game. He also missed a big PAT for the Saints a few years back after they made a great comeback so that worries about heavy pressure time</P>

Right now I like what TC is doing with Tynes........keep himon a short leash and let him know .........shape up or ship out</P>

The problem I see is there just are not many Adam Viniteris around so who knows what we'll get if we replace Tynes just my thought </P>

</P>

[/quote]Vinateri has been just as bad as Tynes this year. Funny both teams are 4-0 in spite of them

[/quote]</P>

Which is one of the reasons I'm not ready to just cast off Tynes give him a few more weeks and then make adecision on him imo</P>

on a sidenote.. I saw the photoshop newspaper article [Nancy Kerigan the ice skater] you did "Harooni Attacked" Been laughing all afternoon on that one Hilarious[] </P>

I WILL BE IN NY TOMORROW!!!

SEE SOME OF YOU AT THE GAME!!!

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I WILL BE IN NY TOMORROW!!!

SEE SOME OF YOU AT THE GAME!!!
    [/quote]