Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"][/quote]

poor guy. look lost. alone.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]anyone else buying the anti-Jacobs sentiment brewing in TAGF?

I'm not, I still believe in what he brings to the table, I also believe he may be hurt and no one is saying anything to keep Defenses from keying in on his "weakness"

Next week will be our first tough test and should get the team mentally prepared for the shegals...
    [/quote]

What fools. BJ is a huge advantage for us. There is nothing wrong with BJ at all...

We are 5-0, there's always something to complain about...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]anyone else buying the anti-Jacobs sentiment brewing in TAGF?

I'm not, I still believe in what he brings to the table, I also believe he may be hurt and no one is saying anything to keep Defenses from keying in on his "weakness"

Next week will be our first tough test and should get the team mentally prepared for the shegals...
    [/quote]

What fools. BJ is a huge advantage for us. There is nothing wrong with BJ at all...

[/quote]

And that's the thing that gets me...I wonder if other Teams have such whiny fans? I KNOW the bears do.

I mean I am a pessimist, but all i care about is winning regardless if we squeak by or blow out the other team.

I don't expect to go undefeated and truthfully I don't want it or the extra pressure that brings.

Next week will be our first true test and we just got to hope this unit stays focused and will be ready.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]anyone else buying the anti-Jacobs sentiment brewing in TAGF?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And that's the thing that gets me...I wonder if other Teams have such whiny fans? I KNOW the bears do.

I mean I am a pessimist, but all i care about is winning regardless if we squeak by or blow out the other team.

I don't expect to go undefeated and truthfully I don't want it or the extra pressure that brings.

Next week will be our first true test and we just got to hope this unit stays focused and will be ready.
    [/quote]</P>

It's hard for me to come on the boards after a loss. The negativity and criticisms just get me down.</P>

BJ is not having the occasional breakout runs for 20+ yards to raise his stats,as in the past. So what. He still softens the defenders... no question. He will get his share of bigger runs. D's are keying on him. </P>

Yesterday Carl Banks kept begging for the Giants to run play action, but they rarely do. But, honestly, I think they're saving it. Just like in preseason where we run almost total vanilla plays, I think TC has been holding back some plays for the closer games. Have we seen a trick play yet? Many screens? None that I remember. But, they'll be acomin'.</P>

funny you mention screens...when i think of Tiki i remember 2 things.

Counter-Trap run-plays and Screens.

Maybe I'm the only guy who believes that a powerful runner like Ahmad
    could become a full fledged Threat if used in many of the "Tiki-esque"
    runplays???

As for Brandon, don't sleep on the big guy. How do we not know that he may be saving himself for the 2nd half either?

[quote user="zimonami"]

</p>

It's hard for me to come on the boards after a loss. The negativity and criticisms just get me down.</p>

BJ is not having the occasional breakout runs for 20+ yards to raise his stats,as in the past. So what. He still softens the defenders... no question. He will get his share of bigger runs. D's are keying on him. </p>

Yesterday Carl Banks kept begging for the Giants to run play action, but they rarely do. But, honestly, I think they're saving it. Just like in preseason where we run almost total vanilla plays, I think TC has been holding back some plays for the closer games. Have we seen a trick play yet? Many screens? None that I remember. But, they'll be acomin'.</p>[/quote]

Exactly, we are 5-0 and we're beating teams soundly. Why the need to reveal all your cards? It makes no sense. Fans just want their money's worth and want to see cool stuff...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]funny you mention screens...when i think of Tiki i remember 2 things.

Maybe I'm the only guy who believes that a powerful runner like Ahmad
    could become a full fledged Threat if used in many of the "Tiki-esque"
    runplays???

As for Brandon, don't sleep on the big guy. How do we not know that he may be saving himself for the 2nd half either?[/quote]

I think he is, and it's very smart. We will need him down the road. And guess who else is going to be banged up down the road? Practically any defense that's going to play in the playoffs!!

There was one play where BJ could have ran over a defender, instead, you can tell he was ready to hit the ground. In his rookie year, he would have tried to run him over. There's no need to do that anymore, and it's a long hard physical season...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]funny you mention screens...when i think of Tiki i remember 2 things.

Maybe I'm the only guy who believes that a powerful runner like Ahmad could become a full fledged Threat if used in many of the "Tiki-esque" runplays???

As for Brandon, don't sleep on the big guy. How do we not know that he may be saving himself for the 2nd half either?[/quote]

I think he is, and it's very smart. We will need him down the road. And guess who else is going to be banged up down the road? Practically any defense that's going to play in the playoffs!!

There was one play where BJ could have ran over a defender, instead, you can tell he was ready to hit the ground. In his rookie year, he would have tried to run him over. There's no need to do that anymore, and it's a long hard physical season...

[/quote]</P>

I don't think it's injury either with BJ. Like you mentioned , it's a loooooooong season. I do wonder if the coaches hinted thisto BJ as this year began that it's not necessary to run over every player he can on defense. Perhaps to keep him as healthy as possible for as long as possible. You know what I really liked yesterday............after Bradshaw scored on 4 th and goal from the 1 [BJ had the 3 previous carries I believe]..........Jacobs was right there to congratulate AB</P>

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Obama just won the Nobel Peace Prize? Are you friggin' serious?

Have they not watched SNL recently making fun of him for accomplishing basically nothing?

[/quote]

...how do you get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING ???
    [/quote]after the last 6 years of Bush the World is rejoicing in the nothing tbh
    [/quote]
    It was a slap in the face of GWB. Of course you could argue that Teddy Roosevelt could have run against BHO and wouldn't have won because he came from the party of Bush. It's also because BHO is enamored with Europe. We've apologized to the world, are trying to model our economic and health policies after Europe, and now our Armed Forces apparently. Although I don't think much of the Nobel, being as they gave it to Yassir Arafat as well.