Re: Asian giant for HC

In re: balloon Boy
    he was 6, jis 9 year old brother was the one who reported the "story"...the parents are kind of eccentric in that they chase storms and follow up on UFO stories....so draw your conclusions

In re: Peter pepper and CostCo/Walmart
    My youngest is Home Schooled and my oldest goes to Christian School. When you eliminate GOD from school, you eliminate MORALITY so don't be surprised by all the sex abuse and wack jobs that "educate" the boys and girls. Wacko Jacko anyone?

In re: Trolls
    I totally believe Same dipstick different moniker

In Re: Michael Moore and Limbaugh
    I am Black, not African-American and I am more Conservative than Left...both sides present good cases and both sides just plain outright fail. I believe in absolutes not in post-modernism. because we are warned to stay away from political rhetoric and commentary this is all i will say...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="SEC105"]
    I liked what he did early on but was always skeptical of many his claims. Thanks for the fill in on his stock options which does not surprise me. In the health care movie he said he sent anonymous check to some guy who has a website thats devoted to bashing him because the guys wife got sick and he could not afford to keep the site going.Of course he had to tell the movie watcher that.[/quote]

No problem. Both the RIGHT and LEFT have their hitmen? If you want to call it that. It's all a distraction.

We are all in big trouble in the near future if we don't control what's happening to this economy that began with Bush and is accelerating exponentially with Obama. I won't ramble on too much, but keep your eye on our falling dollar. Keep your ears open about what the other countries are trying to do by getting rid of our dollar and watch how our daily costs are going up....

Do not listen about the stock market and it's recent 10,000 rally.

It's all slight of hand....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]
    In re: Peter pepper and CostCo/Walmart
    My youngest is Home Schooled and my oldest goes to Christian School. When you eliminate GOD from school, you eliminate MORALITY so don't be surprised by all the sex abuse and wack jobs that "educate" the boys and girls. Wacko Jacko anyone?
    [/quote]

My friends and I talk about this all the time. I'm not religious. But I can tell you that if you don't fear anything, it will destroy civilization. God is/was put in place as a way to keep us civilized. You take Him out of school and look what's happening. The Bible warned us about taking God out of school. It's happening before our eyes and half the country still doesn't get it.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]
    In Re: Michael Moore and Limbaugh
    I am Black, not African-American and I am more Conservative than Left...both sides present good cases and both sides just plain outright fail. I believe in absolutes not in post-modernism. because we are warned to stay away from political rhetoric and commentary this is all i will say...
    [/quote]

My best friend is black and he's a conservative too. In fact I know a lot of blacks that are conservatives....errr...unfortunately I think I know more people, not just blacks that are liberal. Most of my friends are liberals.

Debating national healthcare will last forever, same as peace in the middle east, it will forever be an ongoing issue. Just like immigration.

All each of us can do is our own research. That's the best policy.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]
    I liked what he did early on but was always skeptical of many his claims. Thanks for the fill in on his stock options which does not surprise me. In the health care movie he said he sent anonymous check to some guy who has a website thats devoted to bashing him because the guys wife got sick and he could not afford to keep the site going.Of course he had to tell the movie watcher that.[/quote]

No problem. Both the RIGHT and LEFT have their hitmen? If you want to call it that. It's all a distraction.

We are all in big trouble in the near future if we don't control what's happening to this economy that began with Bush and is accelerating exponentially with Obama. I won't ramble on too much, but keep your eye on our falling dollar. Keep your ears open about what the other countries are trying to do by getting rid of our dollar and watch how our daily costs are going up....

Do not listen about the stock market and it's recent 10,000 rally.

It's all slight of hand....
    [/quote]
    Saw on the news last night these banks are back to the huge bonus money for these bigshots. The banks who accepted the bailout have a defense , or so they say , "we paid the money back , with interest". So it seems it's back to "business as usual" with these guys. Thats a lovely thought .......NOT

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

LOL...well I actually have no memory of this happening...but my mom remembers!

Because of this....the attic will be THE place to hide while playing Hide and go Seek...
    [/quote]

You have no memory because bots don't have childhoods. Your "mom" is just being nice to you and telling you her own story when she was 3 years old!!

The sooner you accept this, the quicker you will be able to process your daily functions efficiently like posting the daily articles and churning out those sig's....
    [/quote]</P>

Like Rachael, in Bladerunner, all your memories are implanted. You can only be sure of the current reality.</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bansaw"]I'd be more apt to blame the 24 hour news for the massive police and military involvement. If they go at anything being televised halfassed nowadays that's another 4 days of news fodder in itself
    [/quote]
    On a side note.......watched Michael Moores movie on health care in the USA recently. We are the only nation in the western hemisphere that does not provide universal health care for all it's citizens according to his movie.
    Whats your opinon of the health care in Canada? Does it work well ?[/quote]I haven't had to use it much to this point *knocks on wood

but if I needed to I could call my doctor for an appointment, get impatient and just head to the walkin clinic to get checked out, then go to my doctor all for free

I don't really get what you guys have down there so its hard for me to comprehend, but I don't understand how people have to go bankrupt over health care, it boggles my mind. Sure we have to wait a good 1-2 months for an MRI but if you have money you can always go to the U.S...and it's usually still covered by provincial healthcare if proven essential or wait time unreasonable.

I still think the biggest thing is military spending. Where you guys spend .40 a tax dollar on military we spend .31 on universal health care and .08 on military.

Are we taxed more?

<h2><a id="federal" name="federal">Federal tax rates for 2009 are:</a></h2>

<div class="noticeGrey">
    <ul>[*]15% on the first$40,726 of taxable income, +[*]<span xml:lang="en" lang="en">22% on the next$40,726 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between$40,726 and$81,452), +</span>[*]<span xml:lang="en" lang="en">26% on the next$44,812 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between$81,452 and$126,264), +</span>[*]<span xml:lang="en" lang="en">29% of taxable income over$126,264.</span>[/list]</div>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_..._and_tax_rates

quite surprised, these rates throw out the argument that we pay way more in taxes imo

All in all, looking back at the care and treatment my dad got battling a horrible lung disease, and not being left with a crippling debt after he died...I'm very proud of what we have...very proud to be Canadian. But the babyboomers are going to **** it all up, but what else is new

plus in Canada if you win the lottery its tax free, so we have that going for us []

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bansaw"]I'd be more apt to blame the 24 hour news for the massive police and military involvement. If they go at anything being televised halfassed nowadays that's another 4 days of news fodder in itself
    [/quote] On a side note.......watched Michael Moores movie on health care in the USA recently. We are the only nation in the western hemisphere that does not provide universal health care for all it's citizens according to his movie. Whats your opinon of the health care in Canada? Does it work well ?[/quote]I haven't had to use it much to this point *knocks on wood

but if I needed to I could call my doctor for an appointment, get impatient and just head to the walkin clinic to get checked out, then go to my doctor all for free

I don't really get what you guys have down there so its hard for me to comprehend, but I don't understand how people have to go bankrupt over health care, it boggles my mind. Sure we have to wait a good 1-2 months for an MRI but if you have money you can always go to the U.S...and it's usually still covered by provincial healthcare if proven essential or wait time unreasonable.

<FONT size=4>I still think the biggest thing is military spending. Where you guys spend .40 a tax dollar on military we spend .31 on universal health care and .08 on military.

</FONT>Are we taxed more?

<H2><A id=federal name=federal>Federal tax rates for 2009 are:</A></H2>
    <DIV class=noticeGrey>
    <UL>
    <LI>15% on the first$40,726 of taxable income, +
    <LI><SPAN lang=en xml:lang="en">22% on the next$40,726 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between$40,726 and$81,452), +</SPAN>
    <LI><SPAN lang=en xml:lang="en">26% on the next$44,812 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between$81,452 and$126,264), +</SPAN>
    <LI><SPAN lang=en xml:lang="en">29% of taxable income over$126,264.</SPAN></LI>[/list]</DIV>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_..._and_tax_rates

quite surprised, these rates throw out the argument that we pay way more in taxes imo

All in all, looking back at the care and treatment my dad got battling a horrible lung disease, and not being left with a crippling debt after he died...I'm very proud of what we have...very proud to be Canadian. But the babyboomers are going to **** it all up, but what else is new
    [/quote]</P>

That's because, unlike the United States, Canada doesn't try to be the self appointed policemen for the world. If you've ever read Captain's and King's you know that the munitions/armament true 'powers that be' are pleased with our spending on their behalf.</P>

[quote user="bansaw"]plus in Canada if you win the lottery its tax free, so we have that going for us []

[/quote]
    Sorry about your Dad Bansaw. I'm lucky cause my wife works at Stony Brook Hospital and the health plan is excellent plus what I have through my business. Couple of years ago I lost one of my best friends at a fairly young age to cancer. He fought it for many years and was lucky for a while because the insurance covered him. However in the last year of his life they just dropped him. The insurance company just blew him off and I know the worry that caused him contributed to him finally succumbing to the disease. It bothers me to this day and always will

if you guys were stumped on what to get me for Christmas - Here