Re: Asian giant for HC

lol I have heard that about BBI before. pretty funny. might have to go the mjg route and go into TAGF sporadically....I just have to turn over my keyboard in there or I'll get banned in no time. or wear out the filter

I found a book about the Battalion my Great Grandfather was in in WWI online last night...16th Canadian Scottish...he was in one of four kilted divisions....I still can't fathom how cold that must have been in the cold months and all that mud, geez... Anyways Amazon had it so I'll get a good history on his comrades time. They fought in all the big battles.

Hear about that Afgan policeman who opened up on the British soldiers today killing 5 or 6 of them wounding more....lets get all our guys out of there, what a waste of money and our boys blood...AlQueda no where inside Afghanistan now, let them wallow in their sand the *******s

[quote user="bansaw"]lol I have heard that about BBI before. pretty funny. might have to go the mjg route and go into TAGF sporadically....I just have to turn over my keyboard in there or I'll get banned in no time. or wear out the filter

I found a book about the Battalion my Great Grandfather was in in WWI online last night...16th Canadian Scottish...he was in one of four kilted divisions....I still can't fathom how cold that must have been in the cold months and all that mud, geez... Anyways Amazon had it so I'll get a good history on his comrades time. They fought in all the big battles.

Hear about that Afgan policeman who opened up on the British soldiers today killing 5 or 6 of them wounding more....lets get all our guys out of there, what a waste of money and our boys blood...AlQueda no where inside Afghanistan now, let them wallow in their sand the *******s
    [/quote]</P>

Afghanistan is a losing proposition. Mountain mazes, fractionalized tribal organizations and customs. Pinpointing the Taliban is like catching a leaf in the wind. I hate these conflicts where the enemy wears no uniform and is impossible to identify. Even their neighbor, the powerful Rushkies, had to give up fighting in those frustrating elements. We should have learned from their experience. </P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bansaw"]lol I have heard that about BBI before. pretty funny. might have to go the mjg route and go into TAGF sporadically....I just have to turn over my keyboard in there or I'll get banned in no time. or wear out the filter

[/quote]</p>

Afghanistan is a losing proposition. Mountain mazes, fractionalized tribal organizations and customs. Pinpointing the Taliban is like catching a leaf in the wind. <font size="4">I hate these conflicts where the enemy wears no uniform and is impossible to identify.</font> Even their neighbor, the powerful Rushkies, had to give up fighting in those frustrating elements. We should have learned from their experience. </p>[/quote]

....most Joes I know or knew prefer going to Iraq versus Afghanistan...Iraq, believe it or not, is more stable than the other and the other is too mountainous and forested in some ways that create Hellish scenarios for all the Men (and Women) over there.

Tankers like me, are for the most part dismounts conducting Presence Patrols mounted in Humvees, Cut-V's and Duece and Halfs or 5 Tons....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</p>

Afghanistan is a losing proposition. Mountain mazes, fractionalized tribal organizations and customs. Pinpointing the Taliban is like catching a leaf in the wind. I hate these conflicts where the enemy wears no uniform and is impossible to identify. Even their neighbor, the powerful Rushkies, had to give up fighting in those frustrating elements. We should have learned from their experience. </p>[/quote]Here's the catch for those that don't know. AFG ain't our war anymore fellas, hasn't been for a while. Over three years ago when I was at CENTCOM we turned it over to ISAF (sic NATO and the UN). Europe needs to belly up on this one, it's their mission IMHO.

On a side note, in Rome, got to see the Vatican, Colosseum, and other tidbits on mile 7 mile hike through Roma yesterday. Today was death by PPT

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...rts/?GT1=43001

most unfortunate news here.....serving as a poignant exclamation to what Tours can do to a man's mind...

http://www.military.com/news/article...b.nl#community

more details.
    this guy was a Major (Gold Oak Leaf), never deployed and yet argued vehemently against the Military's actions.
    he broke decorum when he wore his uni to mosque, as a Protestant or Catholic, or any other religion it is prohibited to wear your uniform to Church while in garrison.

the only exception is of course, when you're downrange.

Think what you want about me, but I can't say I'm surprised by any of the factors in this story as more is revealed....

and he was a doctor too....thought they of all people are supposed to protect life add in a US Army Officer who is supposed to lead and safeguard his Soldiers....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]http://www.military.com/news/article/details-emerge-on-hood-rampage-suspect.html?ESRC=eb.nl#community

more details.
    this guy was a Major (Gold Oak Leaf), never deployed and yet argued vehemently against the Military's actions.
    he broke decorum when he wore his uni to mosque, as a Protestant or Catholic, or any other religion it is prohibited to wear your uniform to Church while in garrison.

the only exception is of course, when you're downrange.

Think what you want about me, but I can't say I'm surprised by any of the factors in this story as more is revealed....

and he was a doctor too....thought they of all people are supposed to protect life add in a US Army Officer who is supposed to lead and safeguard his Soldiers....
    [/quote]</P>

This is all very sad, and there is a lot of info still to be gathered before we understand his motives. </P>

But, there were signs... not that he would do something like this, but that he should not have risen to the rank of major, nor be scheduled for deployment to Afghan or Iraq. </P>

As a Doctor (got his degree through military funding), he enters as a 2nd Louie. There were signs at his first assignment at Walter Reed that he had problems, based on some conflicts with patients.</P>

After 9/11 he took flack as a Muslim. His aunt says he wanted out, and was willing to reimburse the military for his education. Others say he was a dedicated soldier. Yet, with these conflicting signs, how does he gain promotion to 1st Louie, then Captain, then Major?</P>

You could maybeunderstand, as you say GY'76, if he had already done a Tour... but, he was yet to be deployed. Yet, they say that, as a Psychiatrist, he surely was familiar with the anguish of being over there based upon his counseling with soldiers who were there.</P>

I'm wondering if we will hear, down the line, that the idiot Al Qaida and Taliban leaders will be proclaiming him a hero.</P>

Since he is still alive we have a better chance of finding out his true motives, or fears, that spurred this action.</P>

May all those innocent's, 13 of them, R.I.P. They were in no position to defend themselves, believing that they were in a safe haven.</P>

The 40-year-old diva (Mariah Carey) took the plunge and showed off her photoshop-free curves.<div id="TixyyLink" style="border: medium none ; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">
    <font color="#0000ff">And we all thought it went bad for Britney....pshhhh</font>
    </div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

The 40-year-old diva (Mariah Carey) took the plunge and showed off her photoshop-free curves.<div id="TixyyLink" style="border: medium none ; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">
    <font color="#0000ff">And we all thought it went bad for Britney....pshhhh</font>
    </div>[/quote]

no way!! that's unbeleivable and I'm not being sarcastic...these rich folks don't do anything all day. She prolly has the best home gym in the world......how!?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]no way!! that's unbelievable...how!?[/quote]
    The same thing went through my mind when I saw it. Crazy right?!!!